Get rid of VAR NOW! We want our game back! (...or not, some are happy)

VAR - Love or Hate?

• Total voters

SER19

Var is perfect. We can see how quick and accurate the tech is. But only england can make it a pointless farce.

Ibrahimorich

How in the feck can VAR say that's not a penalty when it's a stonewall penalty? That's a 100% red card and a 100% penalty we've been denied now. VAR fecking useless

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
What’s the point when you still have to live with inexplicable decisions like that?

Absolute horseshit.

Untied

All it’s doing at the moment is giving referees the chance to not make decisions and then not have them overruled

Ainu

No one will be able to explain how that wasn't given. No excuses for this, VAR has utterly failed us here. Might as well cancel the whole thing if this is it.

NinjaFletch

You only have to listen to analysis after games to know that referees in this country are always looking out for their own. They'll uphold wrong decisions all season if they can gat away with it.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They should be made to explain decisions. The red card being given a yellow i can maybe understand, but that’s a clear penalty & they don’t even review it!!

PoTMS

Big advocate of VAR but if that non penalty decision is gonna be given, you may as well pack in the whole lot.

Phil

Well I'd probably change my vote at this point. Of course the referees in this country can't use it properly.

El Zoido

Continued in, though. If ref saw it, would call it as an outside of the box foul? Just free kick?
Not sure on the rule to be honest. I thought it was taken from the initial point of the foul but could be wrong.

HJ12

I was hoping VAR would give refs more confidence to make the right calls, instead it appears they've gone the opposite way. Make no big game calls unless VAR over-rules. In short, shirking their duties. Ref today is an absolute coward with his decisions so far.

bleedred

The way it’s implemented the VAR and ref are tossing a coin and both is expecting the other to call for it.

ROFLUTION

Surely why they dont explain why VAR did or did not intervene in situations is that it would also feck with their 99.5 or whatever accuracy bullshit narrative (conducted by themselves)

Red_toad

I thought VAR was supposed to stop poor decisions? It’s no more reliable that the ref on the pitch. How on earth that Martial penalty didn’t happen, the mind boggles.

Anustart89

I'm very pro VAR as a system but today just reinforces the absolute shittiness of the referees in this country, where backing their mates is more important than the laws of the game.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Shelve it till the refs figure out how to use it. Need another preseason and friendlies to figure out how to look at a fecking video. So shelve it. Happy united lost but the VAR experiment is failing.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Shelve it till the refs figure out how to use it. Need another preseason and friendlies to figure out how to look at a fecking video. So shelve it. Happy united lost but the VAR experiment is failing.
It's 3 weeks

Ace of Spades

I did not care as much, but if the people in charge are idiots, then this is pretty pointless.

bdecuc

Useless. If it can't correct the Martial penalty miss then it's useless. It just makes the whole experience more frustrating.