Get rid of VAR NOW! We want our game back! (...or not, some are happy)

VAR - Love or Hate?

• Total voters

Moonwalker

Think not giving a handball was the wrong decision, but that's an opinion you can only hold if you also want VAR to be 'hands on', which of course the majority of angry grandpas on here do not.

TheReligion

Abusive
I just want to hear an explanation on why the handball wasn't given. That's all, just explain it.

It's absurd how these decisions are forever kept a secret.
I've said in the other thread it's high time referees were mic'd up so we could hear their decision making as in other sports. At the very least conversations with the VAR should be broadcast as in cricket and rugby so we can understand what's going on.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Think not giving a handball was the wrong decision, but that's an opinion you can only hold if you also want VAR to be 'hands on', which of course the majority of angry grandpas on here do not.
Nothing to do with age.

var is a fix, scripted and a joke.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I just want to hear an explanation on why the handball wasn't given. That's all, just explain it.

It's absurd how these decisions are forever kept a secret.
I don't know if it would change things but I think it hit Silva's arm first. Maybe that has some bearing on it - all I can think of anyway.

Inter Yer Nan

I completely agree, was just saying yesterday to my mates that it’s genuinely tarnished the game and experience for me.

Watching football is a big deal for me, probably the only thing I do in my spare time, never miss a United game but will watch any and all footy. VAR is just an horrendous stain on what was a feckin brilliant game and a brilliant league.

Putting todays calls aside that toe being offside yesterday in the Sheffield game was nothing other than laughable.

Anybody who pays a subscription and looks forward to tuning in to this BORING, PEDANDTIC farce must never have enjoyed the sport in the first place.

Sport is ultimately entertainment, not about taking the rules to the ultimate ridiculous extreme and then arguing about every decision even more than when VAR was here in the first place!!

Anybody defending it at this point is in denial or too proud to change their previous opinion.
You’ve really summed up my thoughts. I’ve stopped watching games outside of ours. I love(d) the sport but have grown disillusioned with it especially English league which I’ve always been a fan of. The standard and implementation of refs and VAR is beyond terrible. I check these threads to see the gossip on the calls and it seems every week there’s some terrible decisions.

El Zoido

Sky just showed a replay of the second goal, and the line they used was crooked..

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The TAA moment is nothing. Silva's arm touched the ball before it hit TAA.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Theres a lot of clutching going on in here. It looks close but that's it. As said earlier, theres been nothing to actually show he was off.

Was a penalty though.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
And? Either way the game should stop.

The official word from the PL is the pen wasn't given as TAA had his arm in a natural position. Really? It's rubbish. Zero consistency.
Dutch commentators saying it was an 'attacking' handball by Silva.

peridigm

If VAR is only there to rule whether the ref has made a clear and obvious error, when do they start checking when VAR has made a clear and obvious error?

montpelier

pen is 50 50 for me

I think lfc get it down the other end

not a var issue particularly imo

other than it cheesing us off

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Dutch commentators saying it was an 'attacking' handball by Silva.
Doesn't matter what commentators are saying. The Silva handball was not considered when ruling on the TAA handball.

filibuster

Supports
Chelsea FC
One of the most blatant handballs with serious repercussions on a title race there can ever be. It's not VAR it is the officials... what a disgrace!

DVG7

If the ball doesn’t strike TAA hand then it goes straight to Sterling who would probably score. Based on that alone, it has to be a penalty.

DVG7

Is it just me or are we debating decisions even more now? VAR was supposed to prove decisions beyond reasonable doubt and it’s just not. It’s horrible.

BIGbadBOO4

If the ball doesn’t strike TAA hand then it goes straight to Sterling who would probably score. Based on that alone, it has to be a penalty.
Completely agree, Pundits like Souness being allowed to be blatantly bias does my head in. If that was against Liverpool he would be going mental. Not saying some given some not.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Had it done so City’s goal would have been disallowed due to it getting there off of Bernardo’s hand