Get rid of VAR NOW! We want our game back! (...or not, some are happy)

VAR - Love or Hate?

• Total voters

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Theres a lot of clutching going on in here. It looks close but that's it. As said earlier, theres been nothing to actually show he was off.

Was a penalty though.
Or to show he was on. That’s the point! Sheffield United has a 3 minute review yesterday for a tight offside call

cyberman

If the ricochet leeway is correct then its not a pen. Hes not even looking at the ball and its from such a short distance away.
Either decision is correct in a weird sort of way

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
VAR is fine, its just not transformed our already terrible officials into good ones, because they're the ones operating it.
Nah. The way it is now ruins the whole feeling around football. It needs to be settled within seconds not minutes.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
That's on the officials though, isn't it? Their handling of VAR has been so clumsy.
But var is the officials, not some separate goal line tech. It’s officials watching a replay and using absolutely no consistency, just causing delays and needless drama.

I watch football for sport, coronation street for drama.

Judas

Open to offers
But var is the officials, not some separate goal line tech. It’s officials watching a replay and using absolutely no consistency, just causing delays and needless drama.

I watch football for sport, coronation street for drama.
That's my point? The officials are making it so much worse.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
That's my point? The officials are making it so much worse.
When people say it’s not var it’s the officials it makes no sense.

var is the officials. Not magic technology such as goal line tech.

I agree they’re shit at it.
Ruined/ ruining the sport for me

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
When people say it’s not var it’s the officials it makes no sense.

var is the officials. Not magic technology such as goal line tech.

I agree they’re shit at it.
Ruined/ ruining the sport for me
you ask the incompetent refs to use this system then you have to ask why twe expect them to suddenly become competent

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The mown lines aren't straight :lol: I mean anyone who thinks they are must be from the school of piece of paper measurement.

The lines are caused by human operated lawnmowers, of course they aren't fecking perfectly straight. They aren't cutting the grass to mm precision using nail clippers are they?

Abizzz

The mown lines aren't straight :lol: I mean anyone who thinks they are must be from the school of piece of paper measurement.

The lines are caused by human operated lawnmowers, of course they aren't fecking perfectly straight. They aren't cutting the grass to mm precision using nail clippers are they?
Actually they are. That's why we see patterns. (Well not perfect ofcourse, but within mm)

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Hopefully we'll get the official VAR image at some point.

Also begs the question why they didn't immediately produce one like for the Sheffield Utd game?

Where is the consistency checking descisons?

Because the script was for Spurs (again) yday?

limerickcitykid

Actually they are. That's why we see patterns. (Well not perfect ofcourse, but within mm)
There are patterns because that's the way they cut it. How does that prove they measure up the pitch to perfectly cut every line perfectly straight? It doesn't, because they don't. I can cut patterns into my front lawn, I'm not a magician making perfectly straight lines. I've seen groundsmen mowing pitches and I can assure you they weren't methodically measuring up the lines.

Abizzz

There are patterns because that's the way they cut it. How does that prove they measure up the pitch to perfectly cut every line perfectly straight? It doesn't, because they don't. I can cut patterns into my front lawn, I'm not a magician making perfectly straight lines. I've seen groundsmen mowing pitches and I can assure you they weren't methodically measuring up the lines.
They're using mm exactness to create the pattern, why would they then do the lines by rule of thumb? The green keepers in the PL take extreme pride in the state of the pitches and mowing lines straight isn't some sort of magic trick in this day and age.

I would be very surprised if they weren't within a mm at Anfield, Old Trafford, Wembley or the Emptyhad.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I thought they were cut with auto mowers? Programmed to cut certain lengths etc.
It’s not a man walking around with a flymo :lol:

limerickcitykid

They're using mm exactness to create the pattern, why would they then do the lines by rule of thumb? The green keepers in the PL take extreme pride in the state of the pitches and mowing lines straight isn't some sort of magic trick in this day and age.

I would be very surprised if they weren't within a mm at Anfield, Old Trafford, Wembley or the Emptyhad.
Create a pattern which is produced by human beings pushing a lawn mower. They can create patterns all they want, they aren't walking and pushing a lawnmower to mm precision across an entire football pitch.

They can take all the pride they want and be as skilled as they are and they still aren't walking in mm precision. They are human beings walking with a lawn mower not digitally imposing a pattern on the pitch. Speaking of digitally, a digitally drawn line from a computerized program developed by professional engineers will produce a perfectly straight line. The most prideful groundskeeper in the world will never be that accurate.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
ricochet's off of other players are given more leeway plus there was a short reaction time, I can understand why it wasn't given
I get that (and I think ricochets off own body doesn't count?) but I thought they brought the new rules in to remove the ambiguity and make it a simpler decision but guess they're now saying it's not so clean cut.

Abizzz

Create a pattern which is produced by human beings pushing a lawn mower. They can create patterns all they want, they aren't walking and pushing a lawnmower to mm precision across an entire football pitch.

They can take all the pride they want and be as skilled as they are and they still aren't walking in mm precision. They are human beings walking with a lawn mower not digitally imposing a pattern on the pitch. Speaking of digitally, a digitally drawn line from a computerized program developed by professional engineers will produce a perfectly straight line. The most prideful groundskeeper in the world will never be that accurate.
All it takes is a piece of string and two poles to make a line straight. Whether it's within a mm then depends on the care taken by whoever is doing it. The pitch is part of the premierleague product (and a vital one), I seriously doubt it's just 4 dudes pushing lawnmowers whichever way the see fit.

Then again judging by VAR you might be right.

Le Red

Do you haters even realise that most of the things you're whining about are the field ref's fault?
Football refereeing was a disgrace before VAR and there is interest in their class in sabotaging the system and turning people's opinions against VAR, in which they are partly succeeding.
Your anger should be redirected at the people who are sabotaging VAR.

Abizzz

Do you haters even realise that most of the things you're whining about are the field ref's fault?
Everything is the refs fault. VAR just introduces more refs into the game, hence more mistakes.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Even mowing the pitch lines and seemingly dodgy TV offside lines, because no official VAR one produced?

Le Red

Everything is the refs fault. VAR just introduces more refs into the game, hence more mistakes.
These refs can be scrapped as far as I'm concerned. It's the tech that must be protected. Reducing the human factor is key to consistency.

limerickcitykid

All it takes is a piece of string and two poles to make a line straight. Whether it's within a mm then depends on the care taken by whoever is doing it. The pitch is part of the premierleague product (and a vital one), I seriously doubt it's just 4 dudes pushing lawnmowers whichever way the see fit.

Then again judging by VAR you might be right.
And they don't use any string or poles in their mowing. Nor measuring tapes with the non-existent poles and string.

Yes it is a few very talented people pushing lawnmowers. That is indeed exactly what it is. Very talented people who don't use any string nor are capable of walking in straight lines across entire pitches to mm precision.

You clearly have no clue how the pitches are even cut so I'd suggest looking it up and educating yourself on the subject instead of blowing smoke out of your ass and believing humans can push lawnmowers over long distances to mm precision.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
These refs can be scrapped as far as I'm concerned. It's the tech that must be protected. Reducing the human factor is key to consistency.
The tech? You mean the replays the refs watch must be protected? Got you

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Theres a lot of clutching going on in here. It looks close but that's it. As said earlier, theres been nothing to actually show he was off.

Was a penalty though.
I don't think he was off, but what I don't understand is how this apparently took all of 10 seconds to review and yesterday's Sheff Utd call took 3 minutes when it looked equally as tight.

With how we know VAR works, there's no chance they reviewed it properly

Le Red

Even mowing the pitch lines and seemingly dodgy TV offside lines, because no official VAR one produced?
Well that's the human factor sabotaging VAR. Rules to add consistency are urgent.
I'll say it again: PL refs are clearly sabotaging VAR by turning it into a shitshow. They want their power back.
Don't fall for it. Support "VAR the tech". Screw the human refs, both field and VAR.

Abizzz

And they don't use any string or poles in their mowing. Nor measuring tapes with the non-existent poles and string.

Yes it is a few very talented people pushing lawnmowers. That is indeed exactly what it is. Very talented people who don't use any string nor are capable of walking in straight lines across entire pitches to mm precision.

You clearly have no clue how the pitches are even cut so I'd suggest looking it up and educating yourself on the subject instead of blowing smoke out of your ass and believing humans can push lawnmowers over long distances to mm precision.
May you point to the books from where you get your information so I can inform myself?