Get rid of VAR NOW! We want our game back! (...or not, some are happy)

VAR - Love or Hate?

• Total voters

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
For what reason. They checked if it was a penalty on Mahrez (also having to check offside and handball in the process), then decided it wasn't. No big deal.
It was a mess. If var was checking for handball or pen then it wasn’t offside. So why have the free kick For offside?
I think var man just shit his pants there.

also the lino shouldn’t have flagged and the ref shouldn’t whistle, he whistled around or before samtime as contact in the box. It was a mess

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It was a mess. If var was checking for handball or pen then it wasn’t offside. So why have the free kick For offside?
I think var man just shit his pants there.

also the lino shouldn’t have flagged and the ref shouldn’t whistle, he whistled around or before samtime as contact in the box. It was a mess
No idea about the freekick, they probably just gave one because Everton should have been in possession of the ball after Mahrez lost it but IDK. The VAR checks we're absolutely fine though.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
No idea about the freekick, they probably just gave one because Everton should have been in possession of the ball after Mahrez lost it but IDK. The VAR checks we're absolutely fine though.
So it’s no big deal even though you don’t know what went on? Makes sense.
how can they be fine if they went with an incorrrect call

Berbaclass

So it’s no big deal even though you don’t know what went on? Makes sense.
how can they be fine if they went with an incorrrect call
It should have been what? A goal kick? They gave Everton a freekick just outside the box.

I don't really care about that if I'm honest. Much ado about nothing.

TheReligion

Abusive
They Couldn’t work out what happened so stuck with the original free kick for offside even though it was shown not to be offside. That’s after the cluster feck of red blowing whistle for offside and then it being checked for a pen :lol:

what the feck is going on with this, it’s a mess
I know mate. It's beyond embarrassing isn't it?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It should have been what? A goal kick? They gave Everton a freekick just outside the box.

I don't really care about that if I'm honest. Much ado about nothing.
I agree that is but it should be right. Another team could load the box from there and long ball it into the box, can hardly do that from goal kick.

It seems people will defend var even if it fecks up now, because nothing came of it.

Berbaclass

I agree that is but it should be right. Another team could load the box from there and long ball it into the box, can hardly do that from goal kick.

It seems people will defend var even if it fecks up now, because nothing came of it.
Bit of a stretch.

It's just a mess up from the ref, not VAR though.

Berbaclass

Who decided to have the free kick for offside? Even though var seen that it wasn’t offside?
It's not that deep man. They obviously just gave Everton possession back and we're a bit generous with the positioning. Pickford stealing a few yards etc.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
A fan in the crowd there sees and hears the whistle for offside. Then penalty check come up on var screen and then sees a free kick taken for the original offside :lol:

feck fans in the ground though, who cares about those!?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It's not that deep man. They obviously just gave Everton possession back and we're a bit generous with the positioning. Pickford stealing a few yards etc.
I know it’s not that deep but people not being able to say var fecked up is quite funny

Berbaclass

A fan in the crowd there sees and hears the whistle for offside. Then penalty check come up on var screen and then sees a free kick taken for the original offside :lol:

feck fans in the ground though, who cares about those!?
I watched it back. Marriner is getting ready to put the whistle to his mouth as Mahrez chests the ball.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
What are you even talking about :lol:

You said

I said that Marriner was just about to whistle as Mahrez chests it down. Also meaning the whistle wasn't blown before.
Are you serious? The ref blew his whistle man. So the crowd would have seen that

Berbaclass

Just seen it again. The flag was up but whistle didn''t get blown until Mahrez was on the ground, you can hear it and also see Marriner is waiting. Similar to the Liverpool one a few weeks ago.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Just seen it again. The flag was up but whistle didn''t get blown until Mahrez was on the ground, you can hear it and also see Marriner is waiting. Similar to the Liverpool one a few weeks ago.
Yeah fair enough, but to me that still seems like he’s blown for the offside when in the ground. And then the pen check which you would think would cancel the offside decision.
I know that’s not a big deal in itself but as they said on commentary, it killed the atmosphere in the ground (what atmosphere was there anyway) and I just think no fecks are given to the crowd who make football matches.

Berbaclass

Yeah fair enough, but to me that still seems like he’s blown for the offside when in the ground. And then the pen check which you would think would cancel the offside decision.
I know that’s not a big deal in itself but as they said on commentary, it killed the atmosphere in the ground (what atmosphere was there anyway) and I just think no fecks are given to the crowd who make football matches.
He probably did, they're told to whistle late to allow play to go on in tight cases.

When they check the penalty they also have to check for offside because of the flag. Also handball. VAR did everything correctly.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He probably did, they're told to whistle late to allow play to go on in tight cases.

When they check the penalty they also have to check for offside because of the flag. Also handball. VAR did everything correctly.
I get all that and I know I sound like a broken record but seriously, how can they have done everything right if they give a free kick for offside when it wasn’t offside.

there’s no Answer for that other than they just give them a few yards?

GiddyUp

VAR is clearly being sabotaged by Premier League refs. There is no other reason for it.
The fact that they have one of their mates in there makes it corrupt. The refs in this league are a law unto themselves and VAR consolidated that. It should be an independent panel and anything else is a farce.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I also appreciate how petty an argument it is but people defending var to the death while being condescending (not particularly you) just grates me when it’s not always clear cut

Berbaclass

I get all that and I know I sound like a broken record but seriously, how can they have done everything right if they give a free kick for offside when it wasn’t offside.

there’s no Answer for that other than they just give them a few yards?
Well, obviously that's the correct answer because that's what happened.

The ref just let Pickford have the ball from the edge of the box. VAR had nothing to do with trivial stuff like that.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Well, obviously that's the correct answer because that's what happened.

The ref just let Pickford have the ball from the edge of the box. VAR had nothing to do with trivial stuff like that.
That was kind of them then.

And it wasn’t edge of the box, it was from where the offside was

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It happens in literally every single game of football ever played. It's a non-issue. Certainly, nothing to do with VAR.

Andre Marriner decides where freekicks etc. are taken from, not VAR.
Ok we’ll have to agree to disagree. I feel that if var has seen it’s not offside they should make Mariner aware of this so the free kick is not taken from where the offside happened.
Again, I know it’s minor

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Why was a free kick given for offside when var seen that it wasn’t offside. Genuine question.
Because that's the rule. The call wasn't overturned for the penalty so the call on the pitch remains. You're claiming VAR at fault and don't even know how it works.

You're complaining so much, yet don't know the rules.
You've said you'd rather we just stick with the mistakes of linesmen, which is even the rule here. And you still complain.
You say you aren't arsed to watch anymore. And yet here you are, watching and you guessed it, complaining.

Berbaclass

Ok we’ll have to agree to disagree. I feel that if var has seen it’s not offside they should make Mariner aware of this so the free kick is not taken from where the offside happened.
Again, I know it’s minor
Of course they told him that. It just literally doesn't matter in any way :lol:

Berbaclass

Because that's the rule. The call wasn't overturned for the penalty so the call on the pitch remains. You're claiming VAR at fault and don't even know how it works.

You're complaining so much, yet don't know the rules.
You've said you'd rather we just stick with the mistakes of linesmen, which is even the rule here. And you still complain.
You say you aren't arsed to watch anymore. And yet here you are, watching and you guessed it, complaining.
I thought it was something like that I just wasn't sure.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Tells you a lot about VAR that its dedicated thread is the most active in the football forum :lol:
What does it tell you?

Because if you look at the posts of many of the frequent posters, it just shows a complete lack of understanding of the laws of the game as well as the actual laws and limitations of VAR use.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
VAR is clearly being sabotaged by Premier League refs. There is no other reason for it.
Well, it's either they're just taking the piss or they genuinely don't understand the game.

Either way, why are we just putting up with it?
It's simply not good enough.