Giggs as the Manager

CantonaGiggs1

If our only choice for a top manager is Van Gaal, we should wait and see how Giggs does in the final 4 games. Van Gaal worries me a bit, I would like to be able to give Giggs a chance. He has Man United in his veins.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
We need to win our remaining four games and hope Spurs lose one so that we qualify for the Europa league, it is a european competition and if this season has taught us anything it should be to stop being so elitest and belittling good competitions.

A1X

We simply cannot afford to gamble right now with Giggs. We don't have the luxury because we HAVE to get top 4 next season, and we need someone with the best chance of doing that. That calls for an experienced head and a big personality.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'm very excited to find out if Giggsy is going to be a suit wearing manager or not.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I hope he is only dealing with playing matters and not renewing his contract indefinitely, let alone Rio's.

Revan

Assumptionman
I hope he is only dealing with playing matters and not renewing his contract indefinitely, let alone Rio's.
Of course he won't do that (unless there are plans to make him perma manager). He'll just finish this season and the big decisions will be made from the next manager/club.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Of course he won't do that (unless there are plans to make him perma manager). He'll just finish this season and the big decisions will be made from the next manager/club.
I know. I was kidding. Players may be looking forward to him having a major say in the preparation of end of season player festivities/day out.

Blue always red

I honestly think we'll still struggle. The season is all but over and if the players start ripping teams to shreds and actually make off the ball RUNS then I'm sure there would be even more finger pointing at them about not playing for Moyes.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm very excited to find out if Giggsy is going to be a suit wearing manager or not.
I hope he turns up in an all black Versace ensemble and the shiniest shoes you ever did see.

untitled_6899

I'm interested to see his team selections but also what will happen to Giggs the player

Will he quietly cease playing and finish his career whilst taking charge of the United first team?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm interested to see his team selections but also what will happen to Giggs the player

Will he quietly cease playing and finish his career whilst taking charge of the United first team?
I have zero doubt we will see him get a few minutes.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
The real question is suit or no suit?

Edit: @Bubz27, I like the way you think!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We simply cannot afford to gamble right now with Giggs. We don't have the luxury because we HAVE to get top 4 next season, and we need someone with the best chance of doing that. That calls for an experienced head and a big personality.
This. My heart is saying give him a season or something, my head is saying that it's too big a risk and even if he does well in these 4 games, they're dead rubbers in which we can throw caution to the wind.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
I hope he turns up in an all black Versace ensemble and the shiniest shoes you ever did see.
If he's wearing a suit, there better be a United kit underneath. While the 4th official holds up the substitute board, he can run into a phone booth and tear off the suit and save the day with a few clever passes and a bit of light jogging and pointing.

redevil2

I honestly think we'll still struggle. The season is all but over and if the players start ripping teams to shreds and actually make off the ball RUNS then I'm sure there would be even more finger pointing at them about not playing for Moyes.
Thinking too much! No one (those who care) is going to finger point at them. As long as we are playing good football and winning games, fans are happy. I am excited and look forward to weekends. The Norwich game is going to be massive. :)

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Attack, attack, attack

The above should be the chant filling the air in the remaining 4 games of the season! Giggs will release the shackles.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I don't think he's suitable for long term.

The youth might look at him with awe and respect. But the senior players.... Evra, Rooney, RvP, Fletcher, and co. probably finds it hard to overly respect him, they shared jokes and meals all the times (probably shares something more than that), and the next day it's Him that they should call boss. Not always the best case scenario

Keenst

It's going to be fascinating to see who he picks and what formation he usess during these last few games. Can't wait.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
One positive is he won't be in awe of anyone in the squad. He wouldn't be scared to drop Rooney.

ricky-romeo

Should have recruited from within last summer. Not saying that Giggs will get job on a permanent basis. But I really believe going to Everton to recruit what Ferguson thought was a younger version of himself was a huge mistake. The key to continuity would have been recruiting from within.
that was a big mistake because there is no young fergei out there at this moment. British, proven continental and domestic winner, young and hungry , that was fergei back in the 80's. nobody in britain is that close at this moment.

not sure about your suggestion that we should recruited from within, but had we done that then maybe rene or phelan would had take over , not sure whether the fans would agree with that either, as it is surely too early for the likes of giggs, gary nev and even ole.

the best we could do now is to get someone with a winning pedigree. van gaal is not my dream appointment but he seems to be the best option available at this moment. someone who can steadied the ship and perhaps get us trophies as well for the next 2 or 3 seasons. giggs can work as a full time assistant and maybe in a few years time we can consider him strongly for the hot seat again.

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Should have recruited from within last summer. Not saying that Giggs will get job on a permanent basis. But I really believe going to Everton to recruit what Ferguson thought was a younger version of himself was a huge mistake. The key to continuity would have been recruiting from within.
When was the last time anyone from within United ever done a good job at managing a club? Tell me

EDIT: We probably have the highest number of ex-player becoming manager in us. None of them even made the grade of managing Everton class clubs.

Rory 7

When was the last time anyone from within United ever done a good job at managing a club? Tell me

EDIT: We probably have the highest number of ex-player becoming manager in us. None of them even made the grade of managing Everton class clubs.
When was the last time anyone from within United ever done a good job at managing a club? Wow. Just wow.

EDIT: Sorry you are right. The benchmark all ex-United players have to hit in management is 'Everton class clubs' :lol:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
When was the last time anyone from within United ever done a good job at managing a club? Wow. Just wow.

EDIT: Sorry you are right. The benchmark all ex-United players have to hit in management is 'Everton class clubs' :lol:
Wtf are you laughing at, why don't you answer me.

Name me a successful "Ex-United player who becomes a professional football manager".

I think there's something with your reading comprehension. None of them (probably bar hughes' first stint with City) manages a club bigger than Everton.

Now unless you can prove me wrong, stop laughing

Rory 7

Wtf are you laughing at, why don't you answer me.

Name me a successful "Ex-United player who becomes a professional football manager".

I think there's something with your reading comprehension. None of them (probably bar hughes' first stint with City) manages a club bigger than Everton.

Now unless you can prove me wrong, stop laughing
I think this all boils down to what you define as successful.

You are clearly are dismissing the careers of Bruce, Hughes, OGS to name the three obvious ones. You've clearly dismissed Keane's stint at Sunderland, bringing them from almost bottom of the championship to top and promotion. And even the achievements (although less impressive than any of these guys) of Robson.

But of course that's because success by your standard are 'Everton class clubs' :lol:. That's what I'm laughing at. And before you say it, no none of those managers achievements qualify them for the United job. But to dismiss them as unsuccessful managers, three of whom are current PL managers, is disingenuous to say the least.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I think this all boils down to what you define as successful.

You are clearly are dismissing the careers of Bruce, Hughes, OGS to name the three obvious ones. You've clearly dismissed Keane's stint at Sunderland, bringing them from almost bottom of the championship to top and promotion. And even the achievements (although less impressive than any of these guys) of Robson.

But of course that's because success by your standard are 'Everton class clubs' :lol:. That's what I'm laughing at. And before you say it, no none of those managers achievements qualify them for the United job. But to dismiss them as unsuccessful managers, three of whom are current PL managers, is disingenuous to say the least.
What I meant is that, none of them manages a team better than Everton.

And yes, while success if subjective, I can safely say they're not United's standard

Rory 7

What I meant is that, none of them manages a team better than Everton.

And yes, while success if subjective, I can safely say they're not United's standard
None of Bruce, OGS or Hughes currently manages a team better than Everton in the league you are right. But Bruce could be about to deliver the greatest season in Hull City's history potentially with an FA Cup win to boot. Try telling their fans he is not successful. Same if OGS keeps Cardiff up. As with Robbo when he kept west brom up, as with Keane when he won the championship.

Your original challenge to me was to point out any ex-United players that have gone on to have successful managerial careers. That was in reply to my post about how we would have been better off recruiting from within last summer. I still believe that if we had kept the back room staff and appointed a manager from within the much vaunted continuity Ferguson was looking for would have been in place. Rather than appointing the Everton manager, sacking our back room team and bringing in Everton's. To counter that assertion with your hypothesis that all ex-United players are unsuccessful managers is just plain wrong in my view.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
None of Bruce, OGS or Hughes currently manages a team better than Everton in the league you are right. But Bruce could be about to deliver the greatest season in Hull City's history potentially with an FA Cup win to boot. Try telling their fans he is not successful. Same if OGS keeps Cardiff up. As with Robbo when he kept west brom up, as with Keane when he won the championship.

Your original challenge to me was to point out any ex-United players that have gone on to have successful managerial careers. That was in reply to my post about how we would have been better off recruiting from within last summer. I still believe that if we had kept the back room staff and appointed a manager from within the much vaunted continuity Ferguson was looking for would have been in place. Rather than appointing the Everton manager, sacking our back room team and bringing in Everton's. To counter that assertion with your hypothesis that all ex-United players are unsuccessful managers is just plain wrong in my view.
Sorry, SAF spoilt me. My definition of Success =/= yours :lol:

Earthquake

Pokemon expert

Laurent Blanc, PSG. Are PSG an "Everton class club?"

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
If Giggs does well in the few games, maybe it wouldn't be bad to make him Assistant Manager to whoever comes in, if they don't already have their own guy.

Was he a United through and through?
When did "through and through" come into it, seems like shifting the goalposts. 75 apps in 2 seasons is enough, IMO.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
So did Giggsy reach out to Scholes then? Because shit like this makes me wet :drool: