Giggs as the Manager

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Scholes should spend a whole day evaluating Cleverley. See if he can turn his career around.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Cleverley will be fine, I reckon. I fear more for Fellaini.
Ha! Imagine him turning up today! Something like this I reckon.

Fellaini : "Hey guys, how are you all doing today!"

Players : "......"

Fellaini : "erm...busy day yesterday wasn't it!"

Players: "......"

Scholes : "Who are you?"

coolredwine

lameredboots
He assisted Nicky Butt early in the season but from what I heard has not been involved in the set up at all since then.
At all? I remember reading somewhere last season that after retirement, he went back to coaching with United. I was always under this impression. But seeing him back with the first team is just... :drool:

Crackers

greasy ginfers

:lol:

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
At all? I remember reading somewhere last season that after retirement, he went back to coaching with United. I was always under this impression. But seeing him back with the first team is just... :drool:
Not sure to be honest, I thought he had stopped assisting him at some point but I cant be certain.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He left in December. Rumoured that he wasn't into Moyes, that's what they tell me...

The boys are back in town

Didn't he openly criticize Fellaini for being too slow?
He openly criticized a lot of things about the Moyes regime. Yet people still didn't want to believe that his TV appearance (Paul Scholes who hates the media on TV!?) had anything to do with what was going on inside the club.

You look at the class of 92 taking over the team and you have to believe they wanted Moyes out for his negativity and mid-level mentality and methods. Justifiably so.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I see.

But yeah, even if they are there, I just hope it doesn't fail. I know people/players will be buzzing, we would be trending a fine path as these Scholes/Giggs are inexperienced at the top level.

I see.

But yeah, even if they are there, I just hope it doesn't fail. I know people/players will be buzzing, we would be trending a fine path as these Scholes/Giggs are inexperienced at the top level.

Ladyman has added a bit of history on Moyes' approach to Scholes.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
So those stories about the old guard stepping in and taking over the running of the side were true after all. This was mentioned about a month back.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I do wonder how much a Giggs vs. Moyes issue (if indeed ther was one) had to do with Moyes getting the boot? For me, I think it really could have been a massive factor... as it looked for all the world like Giggs would retire this Summer and probably leave the club altogether, which I don't think anyone wants. Everyone at the club - even Fergie - would surely side with Giggs over Moyes?

Amir

Oh dear it just hit me. Moyes is here but we're stuck with him, aren't we?

Ole90+3

I'd say training until the end of the season will be very much focussed heavily on the offensive side of the game, judging by what has been reportedly happening in training all season.

I just find it hard how a lot of the experienced players are going to give 100% for the rest of the season with their 'mates' in charge. It will be interesting.

Andrew~

Meh. I'm not expecting much, not because I don't rate Giggsy, but we just don't know what he's going to be about. But who cares, the season is finished now and at least it will be mildly entertaining.

Green_Red

It will tell a tale if he turns up with a new haircut in the next week or two

In fairness to him he might come good now under some decent management, coaching and training.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

:lol: Reminds me of Bebe.

Bebe said in an interview with maisfutebol.iol.pt: 'I never took Manchester United seriously and never understood a word about what Alex Ferguson was saying.

'I thought, "I’m here, I’m doing well and I don’t have to try hard every day. It was my fault. I was messing around too much".'

And he laid bare the communication problems which led to difficulties in his relationship with Ferguson.

'I went into the room and saw that he was looking for me, very concentrated. He told me to cut my hair, it will look better. So I cut it the same day. In the next training session, he didn’t recognise me. I went past him many times and he didn’t know me.

'He didn’t speak much but I didn’t understand much. He has a difficult accent, so I understood nothing.

'He called me "Baby". After I told him it wasn’t like that.'

He also believes that the legacy of Cristiano Ronaldo hanging over the club is to blame for a poor working bond between the manager and winger Nani - and gave a theory behind the famous 'hairdryer treatment'.

'When he shouts at a player it is to help him so he feels he can do more. For example, he shouted at Nani many times. He always found a problem in everything he did. Probably because he thought he could be as good as Cristiano Ronaldo.'

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Does everyone think it's a good thing that the 'class of 92' are running things currently? I know it's only temporary, it just feels like the kids have taken over the school. As romantic as it seems, I feel like their inexperience with these managerial/coaching roles will be their undoing and it could tarnish their reputation among fans. I'm talking about their roles in the Moyes regime and in the next regime potentially too, not just this temporary situation.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...gain-says-interim-manager-Ryan-Giggs.htmlhtml

'It is time to play like Manchester United again,' says interim manager Ryan Giggs

Ryan Giggs declared that “we will go back to playing likeManchester United” during his first team-talk to the club’s players after being appointed interim manager in place of the sacked David Moyes.

The 40-year-old, who will take charge of United for the first time against Norwich City at Old Trafford on Saturday, has been told by Ed Woodward, the executive vice-chairman, that he will not be considered for the manager’s job on a permanent basis, with Carlo Ancelotti, Louis van Gaal and Diego Simeone the favoured candidates to succeed Moyes.

Van Gaal, who has informed the Dutch football association of his decision to leave his post following the World Cup finals in the summer, is on holiday in the Portuguese resort of Vale do Lobo and available for talks before the tournament in Brazil.

Giggs, having been marginalised in his player-coach role by Moyes in recent months, has challenged United’s failing players to restore the club’s pride over the final four games of a disastrous season which is likely to end with the fallen champions finishing in seventh position.

In a move which highlighted Giggs’s determination to restore United’s traditions, the former midfielder Paul Scholes overlooked for a position by Moyes, was invited back to the club on Wednesday to assist with first-team training.

With Giggs left to oversee playing matters until the end of the campaign, United’s owners, the Glazer family, are due to fly into Manchester before the weekend to hold talks with Woodward, Sir Alex Ferguson and other senior figures in order to hone plans to recruit Moyes’s successor.

The Glazers are also due to discuss United’s summer transfer budget, with £150 million set aside for moves for the likes of Southampton’s Luke Shaw and Paris St-Germain’s Edinson Cavani. Cesc Fabregas, theBarcelona midfielder, is another under consideration, despite rejecting United’s advances last summer.

United are understood to have held talks with Cavani’s advisers in the French capital last week in an effort to persuade the Uruguayan forward – rated at £60 million by PSG – to agree to a pre-World Cup move.

Attempts to bolster United’s squad will continue during the process of recruiting a new manager, with candidates advised of the club’s targets and offered the chance to veto any moves should they secure the job.

With Woodward and the Glazers due to consider their strategy in the coming days, United could yet hold talks with figures on their short-list should they secure permission from their current employers.

Reports in Ireland on Wednesday suggested that Van Gaal would be keen to recruit Roy Keane, the former United captain, as his assistant should he be appointed as manager.

With Ferguson a key member of the group advising Woodward and the Glazers in their manager search, the prospect of the Scot being comfortable with Keane returning to United following the ugly breakdown of their relationship is one that is regarded as hypothetical by senior figures at the club.

United are aware of the need to avoid a repeat of the mistake last year in appointing a manager without trophy-winning pedigree, which is why their short-list on this occasion centres only on those regarded as being capable of ensuring the club challenge for the Premier League title next season.

Although Pep Guardiola and Jürgen Klopp have been ruled out due to their public commitment to Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund respectively, there is a belief that Ancelotti and Simeone could be prised from their current employers should they be identified as the chosen candidate to succeed Moyes.

Moyes’s fractured relationship with his United squad was borne out on Wednesday with the Scot failing to acknowledge the players in a statement issued via the League Managers Association.

Moyes, who celebrates his 51st birthday on Friday, thanked the staff and supporters at Old Trafford, but conspicuously overlooked the players he had worked with since succeeding Ferguson last summer.

None of the United players on Twitter have so far tweeted about Moyes’s departure, with sources close to a group of the club’s squad suggesting that the former manager’s statement was greeted with ambivalence within the dressing room.

Giggs has urged his squad to focus on putting the Moyes era behind them as the team attempt to close the six-point gap behind Tottenham Hotspur to claim sixth place and Europa League qualification.

The players have been coached by Scholes, Nicky Butt and Phil Neville, with Giggs overseeing the sessions, since Tuesday. Fringe players overlooked by Moyes, such as Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck, are likely to return to the starting line-up against Norwich, with Moyes’s signings, Juan Mata and Marouane Fellaini, at risk of being dropped to the substitutes’ bench.

Sam

'It is time to play like Manchester United again,' says interim manager Ryan Giggs

I just got tingles :drool:

redevil2

I don't think he's suitable for long term.

The youth might look at him with awe and respect. But the senior players.... Evra, Rooney, RvP, Fletcher, and co. probably finds it hard to overly respect him, they shared jokes and meals all the times (probably shares something more than that), and the next day it's Him that they should call boss. Not always the best case scenario
I think otherwise! If Phil has been their coach for the past 8 months, Giggs surely deserves more respect, although I don't think literally they would call him Boss for real, but a bit tongue-in-cheekily sort of way. I believe together they want to show the world what they can do without Moyes in the last 4 games. They should be determined.

Edit: Oh just realised you meant long term

Last edited:

United22

Jesus christ the comments section on that article are ridiculous just like on Daily Mail. It really is worrying