Giggs as the Manager

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Sad but it's time for him to go (as a player). :(

It would be nice if the new manager wants him around but that's VG's call I guess...

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Sounded really choked up, thought he was going to announce his retirement.
It looked like he was going to say more and stopped himself to be fair.

Maybe he just doesn't know whether to or not..

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I'm looking forward to the inevitable moment he becomes manager of Wales.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
sorry you didnt enjoy it?
Could you even call it a speech? Of the three things he had to do, one was to pronounce Vidic's name correctly before saying "He's off, we wish him well" in the briefest way imaginable. He then implored us to keep supporting, which seemed a little odd, before ending on an admittedly nice flourish about youth, but come on, you'd have to be tugging pretty hard on your sentimentawilly to think that was a great speech.

binary bot
Thought it was only second to Aragorn's speech at the black gate personally, and that's fiction

Dominos

Could you even call it a speech? Of the three things he had to do, one was to pronounce Vidic's name correctly before saying "He's off, we wish him well" in the briefest way imaginable. He then implored us to keep supporting, which seemed a little odd, before ending on an admittedly nice flourish about youth, but come on, you'd have to be tugging pretty hard on your sentimentawilly to think that was a great speech.
:lol:

Have to say I'm with Mockney on this one.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's got such a forward thinking mentality. Always looking to play the ball forward.
Yeah, that's what I really like with him. He isn't even that powerful or strong anymore(altough still on pretty good level) and can get in tough situations on the pitch, but still it seems like he always finds a way to pass it forward.

Amir

I really hope he stays on as a player. The squad is likely to get smaller, we won't be in Europe, so having a "part time" player won't be much of a worry. He's still got something to give.

But obviously at this age it'll hardly be a shock if retires. I just hope he does it because he wants to rather than not being wanted as a player by Van Gaal.

sparky

Sounded really choked up, thought he was going to announce his retirement.
Same here. I got the feeling he was going to, but changed his mind. But then, in a way I half expected him to announce Van Gaal as the new manager who would then run onto the pitch get down on one knee and ask Giggsy to be his number 2. Or maybe its the tablets I am on!

Kostur

海尔的老板
Since he didn't say anything about him retiring I hope that he's still here as a player next year.

And I hope that he starts against SOTON and everybody will dive like mad to get him a penalty.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
The simple fact that he appeared to care, deeply and personally, about the club said EVERYTHING. I don't even remember the words, just the emotion. So yes, great speech.

Red Comet

The stupidity in his formation still baffles me. Kagawa as CM and Fellaini playing CAM.
Giggs mentioned that he purposely put Fellaini in the CAM position to draw defenders attention to him rather than Wilson, thus giving Wilson less pressure.

Rezyuz

Giggs mentioned that he purposely put Fellaini in the CAM position to draw defenders attention to him rather than Wilson, thus giving Wilson less pressure.
Wonder what gives more freedom a guy who does nothing but lose the ball or someone who draws multiple defenders to him. Hmm.

Mockney

The simple fact that he appeared to care, deeply and personally, about the club said EVERYTHING. I don't even remember the words, just the emotion. So yes, great speech.
So essentially he could've come out, tripped over the wire, burped into the microphone, introduced himself as David Moyes and said "Hello mummy. Tits, bum, piddelypoo, timmy ate my cat, HOORAY!" before sitting on the turf and making motorcycle noises, and you would've still thought it was a great speech?

Brophs

The One and Only
You should check out some of Hitler's work. He really knew how to work the crowd.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
This Giggs' love in is OTT and embarassing

He could have farted and some will think it's some kind of passion overloaded and steaming out from anus
Yeah. Stupid Manchester United fans being in awe of an end of season speech from Ryan Giggs.

Embarrassing to acknowledge his words after two decades of service.

I cringed as soon as he got that microphone in his hand. Hairy bastard.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
So essentially he could've come out, tripped over the wire, burped into the microphone, introduced himself as David Moyes and said "Hello mummy. Tits, bum, piddelypoo, timmy ate my cat, HOORAY!" before sitting on the turf and making motorcycle noises, and you would've still thought it was a great speech?
Has Giggs being interim manager meant anything to you at all ?

I think the whole thing has been pretty amazing, when you remember his debut until now.

Which is probably why his speech last night meant something to me anyway.

Mockney

I can appreciate all that without pretending his speech was amazing. I'd have killed for him to have scored that freekick, for example.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I can appreciate all that without pretending his speech was amazing. I'd have killed for him to have scored that freekick, for example.
I thought it was a great moment, you are just far too cynical and struggle to find enjoyment from anything

Mockney

I thought it was a great moment, you are just far too cynical and struggle to find enjoyment from anything
:lol:

So because you took slightly too much emotion from a 3 line address, I must be dead inside? Give over you big lemon.

It was a great moment. It was a bad speech. So what? Public speaking isn't his forte. I don't hold it against him.

United22

It sounds absolutely crazy but it isn't the right time to retire for him until we get an influx of central midfielders. Carrick, Cleverley, Fellaini and Fletcher this year are all as useless as each other. Giggs has pretty much shown that on his day he is our best central midfielder this season, probably the only one with even an ounce of vision to pick out a forward pass. The rest have been absolutely horrible.