Giggs trial

IWat

Exactly you total twonk, I've said all along the only ones who know is who was there. You wasnt I suppose I wasnt the press wasnt . You got your own preconceived ideas already so you stick with them because it seems your the kind of guy who believes anything even if someone said the world was flat as long as it's on the sunday sport it's True . Little story for a case written by reporters a guy killed another buy attacking him on a night out, all the press had the police reports all the press vilified this boy . Until the trial where he walked out of court by CCTV being unearthed after his solicitor found it not the police if the other guy who was killed attacking 2 others previous to him, the press had to back track on everything including the local news . That boy now has had to live away from his family even after being found not Guilty that's the news for you always right.
I mean we know it's highly likely that this it's not completely unsupported or it wouldn't be at trial. If all they have is he said/she said then that's great tabloid tripe but it's not going to trial. The CPS will be aware of the attention this would get and the blowback if he's found innocent after missing the Euro's and the damage to public opinion of the legal system. I'm fairly sure some very senior people in the CPS would have looked at this given his profile and gone "yep, we can prove this beyond reasonable doubt." The fact they're charged him is more damming than anything in the papers.

If his explanations made sense and correlated with the evidence, he'd have been released without charge.

Sure there is the rare case where the CPS screw it up. But that's clutching at straws.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I am honestly appalled at how people react to my posts
I'm sorry, but I think playing the victim card is not going to work for you, @thundercats. Let's starts here:
none of my comments were directly aimed at Giggs’ wife
If they weren't, then what's this about:
It is not unlikely a girl falls for men with a big wallet though. It is all historically correct. Women didn't work and had to marry rich men to have a luxurious life during marriage and after the husbands death, this was especially important due to wars killing off many husband throughout the centuries. This is obviously not the reason anymore to marry rich men but it is still part of female DNA. If a girl falls for a bum I'm pretty sure her parents will do everything they can to see it fail.
Obviously this was said in relation to Giggs's ex. Surely you weren't just randomly rambling off-topic about women in in general in a thread about this very specific woman...?

Also, while we're on this quote: if the reference to 'female DNA' isn't to be taken literally, then you're still implying that women continue to be culturally programmed to marry richer men even if it's no longer useful to them (at least in the UK). That's still pretty demeaning as it implies women have little will of their own, or maybe even intelligence.

You also said this:
I just gave some historically accurate info that might or might not have a say in what happened in their relationship.
You're yourself implying here that what you're saying was intended in the context of Giggs's ex. But more importantly: what you were saying about women was not very 'historically accurate', but pretty limited in scope. In particular:
I said women married rich men or men with big prospects because women generally didn’t work and thus have no income. it is not the women’s fault, it was back then society’s fault for not granting women the same qualities and freedom as men in life. They had no choice but to look at men who were doing well financially speaking so they had a good future. That is why families had their daughters in arranged marriages. Women who were not in a position to marry such men usually stayed on the farm or married another farmer, some went into prostitution etc etc.
What you're talking about is the rich elite, where servants would take care of the work and women would focus on cultural activities or whatever was their role in those societies. But that's a tiny minority of any population. The vast majority of women did work: usually stuff like taking care of the household and children, cooking, mill grain, brew beer, and all kinds of other tasks around the house. And yes, that would have counted as work - especially since, until not too long ago, economies were not very monetary, so the fact that women would not have been paid for this work would not have stood out. (It's one of the great failings of the money-focused GDP, btw: it underestimates women's contributions to economies.)

Beyond that, these women's entire social milieu would have been very similar in their (low) economic status, so trying to marry upwards would have been pretty futile; you just marry a nice guy from your area that your parents approve of, or some such mechanism.

So as far as I can tell, your 'historically accurate information' has very little practical historical application and hence explains next to nothing about women's behaviour now. Other arguments could be brought in that would address the general question better (why women appear to try to date upwards more than men), but that's still a gross simplification that does not do justice to the choices of women in the UK today. And most importantly, it ultimately says nothing about this particular woman, and certainly does not justify or has anything to do with the behaviour Giggs has been accused of. So of course people are jumping on you. This isn't some general women's history thread.

Finally also:
We all know violent men in our families and friends and what do we do about it ? Nothing because it is none of our business.
Seriously? You'd look away and do nothing if you knew a guy was hitting his partner or kids, cause it's none of your business?

Red_toad

Seriously? You'd look away and do nothing if you knew a guy was hitting his partner or kids, cause it's none of your business?
Have you ever involved yourself in such incidents? I've personally been attacked by a couple as I intervened as he was kicking her when she was on the floor, she defended her man without a moments hesitation. So some times it is their business and one of them needs to decide it's an abusive relationship and walk away.
As for hitting children, it's again no one else's business for reasonable punishment in countries where it's legal.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Giggs has always been a bit of a wrong'un. He ultimately avoided going down a dark path a lot sooner because Fergie protected him.

Hughie77

Is this post supposed to make anything approaching sense?

From what I can gather you don't seem to be able to make a distinction between a joke paper like the sport, tabloid arseholery or reputable broadsheets which report the facts as they are known.

I don't read tabloids so you're completely muddled in your argument. I agree that tabloids and gossip is garbage to be ignored if that's what your point was.

Kudos on "twonk" though. I've never heard that one but not sure I'll be introducing it into my vocabulary.
Broadsheet, wow never new youd heard of one of them, old school. Judge Judy.

Hughie77

I mean we know it's highly likely that this it's not completely unsupported or it wouldn't be at trial. If all they have is he said/she said then that's great tabloid tripe but it's not going to trial. The CPS will be aware of the attention this would get and the blowback if he's found innocent after missing the Euro's and the damage to public opinion of the legal system. I'm fairly sure some very senior people in the CPS would have looked at this given his profile and gone "yep, we can prove this beyond reasonable doubt." The fact they're charged him is more damming than anything in the papers.

If his explanations made sense and correlated with the evidence, he'd have been released without charge.

Sure there is the rare case where the CPS screw it up. But that's clutching at straws.
Ok

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Giggs has always been a bit of a wrong'un. He ultimately avoided going down a dark path a lot sooner because Fergie protected him.
I always wonder how much stuff gets covered by the club (not just United, all clubs) during the average player’s playing career.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I always wonder how much stuff gets covered by the club (not just United, all clubs) during the average player’s playing career.
I’ve long thought this. It must be so hard to give a grounding to young footballers now, especially ones who grow up inside Premiership academies. If you grow up thinking that a) you are special and the rules that bind us all don’t apply to you, and b) that money can buy you out of almost all situations, then you’ll get some pretty atrocious behaviour.

Danish Wizard

A lot is covered.
Was recently with a Chelsea youth coach at a coaching course. Some of the stories are crazy, believe me. But never reach the media.

Bobade

Have you ever involved yourself in such incidents? I've personally been attacked by a couple as I intervened as he was kicking her when she was on the floor, she defended her man without a moments hesitation. So some times it is their business and one of them needs to decide it's an abusive relationship and walk away.
As for hitting children, it's again no one else's business for reasonable punishment in countries where it's legal.
It's no one else's business if someone is abusing a child? How crazy can this thread go ?

Red_toad

It's no one else's business if someone is abusing a child? How crazy can this thread go ?
Where did I mention abuse? No idea where you read that? Or are you off on one about what you perceive was posted, child abuse is illegal, reasonable chastisement isn't illegal in many many countries. I'd suggest you read up on it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
No but why turn it that way, it is not relevant as he was never shit on the pitch. I stated I actually don’t care much. We all know violent men in our families and friends and what do we do about it ? Nothing because it is none of our business. If he is guilty of all that he is accused of he will get punished and that’s the end of it. Do you want him scrapped from the utd history books perhaps?
History knows lots of culturally important men with shady pasts. Napoleon’s dead is celebrated every year in France conveniently forgetting he reinstated slavery and being the cause of millions and millions of death.
Lots of our beloved rock stars had sex with underage groupies, it doesn’t change their music.
While I personally know zero violent men in my friends and family (guess my social circle is the paragon of virtue), if any of my mates were hitting their wife or child I'd cut their dick off.

Bobade

Where did I mention abuse? No idea where you read that? Or are you off on one about what you perceive was posted, child abuse is illegal, reasonable chastisement isn't illegal in many many countries. I'd suggest you read up on it.
Dont need to read up on it, cheers. Hitting a child is abusing a child. Dont care about legalities. You're hitting a child, you're abusing it.

Red_toad

Dont need to read up on it, cheers. Hitting a child is abusing a child. Dont care about legalities. You're hitting a child, you're abusing it.
Hmmm ok, I'll take your legal expertise on the matter as not relevant nor current.

Bobade

Hmmm ok, I'll take your legal expertise on the matter as not relevant nor current.
It's nothing to do with what is legal?! I'm saying it isn't ok to hit kids and if someone does, it IS my business. Have I woke up in a parallel dimension or something where this is normal?

Red_toad

It's nothing to do with what is legal?! I'm saying it isn't ok to hit kids and if someone does, it IS my business. Have I woke up in a parallel dimension or something where this is normal?
Zero to do with Giggs nor this thread. Move on and take whatever you're making up what people have posted elsewhere.

Jinn

There's a huge difference between smacking a kid on his/her bum and smacking a kid across the face. To which are you referring to?

Bobade

Zero to do with Giggs nor this thread. Move on and take whatever you're making up what people have posted elsewhere.
Well no, it doesn't have anything to do with Giggs but that's a bit rich coming from you when you were the one who brought it up though?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
What do we know about Giggs? He's reliable, professional, hard working, good with youth development, good with discipline, hard working for charity, a model athlete from a humble background.
What do we know about his girlfriend? She scored with a rich footballer.
I sincerely hope the courts take everything into account.
Victim blaming at it's finest. Tell me, do you blame the clothes a girl wears when a rape has happened? You need to give your head a wobble.

Last edited:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wow what the hell, why so bitter towards me? Are you guys so naive to think that women have zero interest in the financial state of their soon to be husbands?
Of course I know it is not in their dna, you guys take everything so damn seriously. Know your history, women wanted to marry rich men because women didn’t work pre industrialization. Women were not allowed to go out basically, they had to nurture the kids, it is all catholic really. Only the last 80 or so years women got more rights and freedom without being judged by the church or their aunts and neighbors.
There is still this stigma around women having a higher income than men, many men feel embarrassed when that is the case, men want to be in charge ( macho ism)
Another fact is that many women hastily married their men before they were shipped of to Europe to fight in the world wars because they feared them getting killed and ending up broke because women usually didn’t work.

It is all still very cultury geared towards the past, that is why there are so many female movements going for equal rights. they have been fighting for equality for almost hundred years now and slowly they are getting there. Guess what they are right! I’m sorry for you guys that I am not who you want me to be (the bitter women hater) I have the utmost respect for anyone. Look at all my posts and present me one post where I done people wrong, you won’t find any… Yet I am supposedly a monster because I give some historical insight.

What you’re doing to me is labelling me a women hater, a nutcase with no valuable opinion, sad state of affairs if you ask me. You judge me when you know nothing about me. Well done guys!
Yeah, people shouldn't have been so mean to you. Maybe you could throw us some of your research?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Unreal, isn’t it? In some places torture is legal too, I suppose that makes it ok in that poster’s eyes

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Wow what the hell, why so bitter towards me? Are you guys so naive to think that women have zero interest in the financial state of their soon to be husbands?
Of course I know it is not in their dna, you guys take everything so damn seriously. Know your history, women wanted to marry rich men because women didn’t work pre industrialization. Women were not allowed to go out basically, they had to nurture the kids, it is all catholic really. Only the last 80 or so years women got more rights and freedom without being judged by the church or their aunts and neighbors.
There is still this stigma around women having a higher income than men, many men feel embarrassed when that is the case, men want to be in charge ( macho ism)
Another fact is that many women hastily married their men before they were shipped of to Europe to fight in the world wars because they feared them getting killed and ending up broke because women usually didn’t work.

It is all still very cultury geared towards the past, that is why there are so many female movements going for equal rights. they have been fighting for equality for almost hundred years now and slowly they are getting there. Guess what they are right! I’m sorry for you guys that I am not who you want me to be (the bitter women hater) I have the utmost respect for anyone. Look at all my posts and present me one post where I done people wrong, you won’t find any… Yet I am supposedly a monster because I give some historical insight.

What you’re doing to me is labelling me a women hater, a nutcase with no valuable opinion, sad state of affairs if you ask me. You judge me when you know nothing about me. Well done guys!
Interesting!

You should do a PhD on this very subject

Red_toad

Well no, it doesn't have anything to do with Giggs but that's a bit rich coming from you when you were the one who brought it up though?
There you go again making claims that are just not true. I replied to poster below, I introduced nothing, just commented on a personal experience and legalities in some countries, regarding smacking children, which triggered you and you tried to make out I was saying it was ok to abuse children, which again I posted nothing of the sort.

Anyways over replying as it's all not related to the thread and you're making crap up, so it's pointless.

Snuffkin

Quality control
Victim blaming at it's finest. Tell me, do you blame the clothes a girl wears when a rape has happened? You need to give your head a wobble.
This is a Manchester United fans forum, join Women's Aid if you want to play judge, jury and executioner, boil bunnies, and set fire to piles of your own shit.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
We all know violent men in our families and friends and what do we do about it ? Nothing because it is none of our business.
I've had to deal with finding out a good friend was beating his wife for years a couple of years ago, and I certainly did something about it. Many people step up, so don't claim to speak for everyone. It's not "minding your own business" it's cowardice.

It's also incredibly hypocritical how you are acting the victim in here whilst simultaneously victim blaming women.

You are too old fashioned, these days it is judge first ask questions later. I think we’re heading back to the middle ages where you just got hanged without a trial.

This basically reminds me of that Michael Jackson documentary of a couple of years ago. Suddenly the guy was a monster because 2 people took back earlier positive comments about him. Banned from the radio etc. He was called a predatory pedophile that made dozens of victims yet nobody else filed a complaint after the 2 guys backtracked their earlier comments.
Jackson was, at very best, incredibly inappropriate with children. Do you not agree with that statement?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
If nothing else this thread is a perfect example of why the old newbie system was best :rolleyes:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Not really sure that he did. In the end it's limited how much a manager can micro manage players lives, especially adults.