Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

putzmcgee123

why would they do that?
To put public pressure on the Qataris in hopes of extracting a larger bid out of them. I don't see how it suits anyone's purposes but Raine's to have a steady flow of stories suggesting Ratcliffe is in the lead. If I was Sir Jim, I can't say I would want my only (known) competition to be made aware that their current bid is not good enough and especially in such a public way, given what has been said about the importance Qatar place on their image and reputation.

Since that original statement, there has been next to nothing about his vision for the club or plans that would endear him to the fan base. That has certainly not been the case for the Qatari camp.

BarstoolProphet

I read all of your post, chief.

It proceeded to type.

Your allegation of 'Islamophobia' is an all too typical device, one which really has no basis in reality.
If you have read all my posts please feel free to show my 'attacks on the West' then.

I will redact my statement on Islamophobia in your post if you can show any examples of Qatar and other Middle Eastern nations enforcing their conservative values on the West. Shouldn't be so hard considering you were so adamant that this is Qatar's real agenda?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Their purchase of MUFC will likelier lead to Qatar's politics being normalised, perhaps even sought, here in the UK. They do want to 'integrate with Europe', yes. They want to influence it to cultivate their dictatorship. That is their first and last ambition.
Yeah this is a dodgy comment.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
If he wins Sjr needs to come out pronto with a statement stating the debt will be cleared and the stadium/facilities are going to be sorted or he will be starting off on a bad foot with the fans. Especially if the glazers are staying. You can bet Qatar won’t take this loss easily and there will be plenty coming out in the media over the summer.
Indeed. If Brexit Jim wins with Glazers staying and it’s followed by basically silence on stuff like debt and stadium I think there’ll be huge uproar and hopefully protests as soon as the following season starts.

It’s very concerning that they’re clearly waiting ‘til the season’s close to announce anything…

Neither Newcastle nor Chelsea felt it necessary to wait until all games had finished to announce who their new owners would be… and in the case of the Glazers, it would be very much their style.

Ahriman

Yeah this is a dodgy comment.
Isn't it just. Getting strong Mein Kempf vibes.

As if they're going to buy one of the most high profile sports franchises in the world, all to front a plan to subvert western democracy. Couldn't make it up could you.

Totally ignoring the fact that they've been investing billions in the country for a long time already and zero sign of Sharia law yet.

Last edited:

Infra-red

Indeed. If Brexit Jim wins with Glazers staying and it’s followed by basically silence on stuff like debt and stadium I think there’ll be huge uproar and hopefully protests as soon as the following season starts.

It’s very concerning that they’re clearly waiting ‘til the season’s close to announce anything…

Neither Newcastle nor Chelsea felt it necessary to wait until all games had finished to announce who their new owners would be… and in the case of the Glazers, it would be very much their style.
Worth remember that the Glazers are known ditherers and, if reports are to be believed, their interests don't necessarily completely align. They could be stalling deliberately to reduce the chance of disruption to games from protests, but they could also simply be unable to make a decision.

Cloud7

Their purchase of MUFC will likelier lead to Qatar's politics being normalised, perhaps even sought, here in the UK. They do want to 'integrate with Europe', yes. They want to influence it to cultivate their dictatorship. That is their first and last ambition.
Is this not outright racist? We all have differing opinions on the takeover situation but where is there any evidence of ME nations trying to impose their politics on the UK

mu4c_20le

Well said mate!

Well seems like some fans ignore pledges from Qatar ownership and welcomes new owners even if they have shown at Nice and lausanne that they are just as clueless as the Glazers. Well after 18 years of greedy and clueless owners i had enough.

In a perfect world we would have some person bidding wich was a fan like us and was not a business man but that is just a dream.

The reality now is that we have 3 options:
-Glazers stays
- INEOS (Greenwashing)
-Qatar (Sportwashing)

I choose Qatar that is open about investing in the club and the community with the ninetwo foundation. The more Qatar want to integrate with Europe the more they have to show that they are open to make changes in their own country. Maybe im naive.
I can't believe there are people who actually believe Ineos are buying us for 'greenwashing'. I think the effects of sportswashing are already on full display here. Ineos and Qatar are now seen as equivalent. Very nice.

croadyman

Sir Jim and his Glazer chums are waiting to drop the news after what is likely to be a bad fa cup final result. Get all the outrage over at once
Cowards just because they don't want to face fan backlash at games,so announce the bad news when there aren't any

MDFC Manager

Is this not outright racist? We all have differing opinions on the takeover situation but where is there any evidence of ME nations trying to impose their politics on the UK
Arguably it's the other way around :wenger:

croadyman

So am i guessing the due to Stone saying because the Glazers will be at Wembley tomorrow, he thinks, in his opinion, that SJR is the preferred bidder? With absolutely no proof at all? Ah, ok.

I think it's more likely that no one has yet been chosen and the Glazers are just dragging it out in hopes of Qatar putting up even more money. Also can't really see Raine putting out PR favouring one person when an NDA has been signed. But hey, i know as much as these journos know!
Yeah I hope they haven't made a decision and Jassim is still in running,however I fear he hasn't heard back is unfortunately telling

Loon

:lol:
If Ratcliffe wins, the Glazers will become increasingly marginalised. I think Ratcliffe has a big enough ego, he'll not want the Butterball Cenobite to continue to be the "face" of United ownership (when his inpiut will be relegated to deciding what colour bogroll goes in the exec boxes).

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Well we (UK) did own (can’t think of the appropriate word) Qatar until the early 70’s
Qatar was a British protectorate. British didn’t interfere in internal Qatari issues (in theory, although British ‘advisors’ were present in Qatar), just took responsibility for their security and foreign policy, i.e. ensure they keep the peace with their neighbors (many also British protectorates) and don’t do anything that might impact on British interests in the Gulf.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
No, it isn't.

It's a perfectly legitimate piece of analysis.

You don't like it because it is true.
I don't like it because it seems to come out of something written by the far right. Personally I consider it racist just as much as you consider it a "perfectly legitimate piece of analysis"

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The feckers put multiple deadlines for multiple phases for the potential buyers and then they went silent as if they are ghosting the buyers. They have no deadline for themselves.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Qatar was a British protectorate. British didn’t interfere in internal Qatari issues (in theory, although British ‘advisors’ were present in Qatar), just took responsibility for their security and foreign policy, i.e. ensure they keep the peace with their neighbors (many also British protectorates) and don’t do anything that might impact on British interests in the Gulf.
Thanks for clarifying. My 4 yr old decided 4am was a good time for a wake up call, my head is on another planet today. I knew what I was talking about but hopefully now so does everybody else!

croadyman

The feckers put multiple deadlines for multiple phases for the potential buyers and then they went silent as if they are ghosting the buyers. They have no deadline for themselves.
Yeah the whole thing is absolute farce

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If you have read all my posts please feel free to show my 'attacks on the West' then.

I will redact my statement on Islamophobia in your post if you can show any examples of Qatar and other Middle Eastern nations enforcing their conservative values on the West. Shouldn't be so hard considering you were so adamant that this is Qatar's real agenda?
Islam conservative values are shared by conservative Christians and Jews. So good luck to anyone trying to find conservative values that would be imposed in the West from the outside and aren't lobbied by western conservatives.

Moriarty

If Ratcliffe wins, the Glazers will become increasingly marginalised. I think Ratcliffe has a big enough ego, he'll not want the Butterball Cenobite to continue to be the "face" of United ownership (when his inpiut will be relegated to deciding what colour bogroll goes in the exec boxes).
"Butterball Cenobite." I had to look that up. It's certainly a good likeness though better looking.

grahamo

I keep checking this thread in the hope I see "breaking news! Glazers sell up and eff off!....finally!............but the torture and torment just goes on and on.... Its been 7 months..what are You waiting for Glazers? , Whatever You decide to sell for Your family are going to profit handsomely from milking Our club. Hurry it up!

MegadrivePerson

Hopefully we’ll know what is happening next week.

Those who know more than I about this process have said this has been poorly conducted in comparison.

Sounds about right.
If there's no update in the early part of next week its very unlikely that a full takeover is completed before the start of next season.

Nick7

Sir Jim Ratcliffe, billionaire ManUtd fan that is a season ticket holder at Chelsea, wants to buy ManUtd by keeping the Glazers involved, now selling arguably his best Nice player to Liverpool. - via Twitter

How can we all not like Jim, wonderful man :)
I thought we wanted owners that wouldn’t be involved in the footballing decisions? Suddenly we want owners that will meddle?

Either way this is a dumb as shit post.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Sir Jim Ratcliffe, billionaire ManUtd fan that is a season ticket holder at Chelsea, wants to buy ManUtd by keeping the Glazers involved, now selling arguably his best Nice player to Liverpool. - via Twitter

This

Loon

:lol:

Conversely, a mystery man nobody knows anything about who has reportedly talked about flashing his wallet (but has made no statements to that effect) has knickers wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.