g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Something needs to be done now. I don’t know what, but somebody who is smarter than me will think of something.

This season is a write off, in January. The next 4 months should be about trying to get us a fresh start in June, ready for August.

I’m so fecking pissed off

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He wanted to leave because he wasn’t going to play. We don’t know what influence he has with certain players in the squad. What’s to be gained by holding someone hostage? And how exactly would Chris fecking Smalling make the slightest bit of difference to this shit show?
For one he is the best CB on our books

Secondly why are you ignoring the blatant contradiction with Pogba

Thirdly I have no issue with them being sold. I have issue with Woodward not replacement but also Ole sanctioning sales without knowing a replacement was linedup/sealed.

He was obviously niave and also thought players like Lingard Mata Pereira Jones could cover which shows poor judgement

crossy1686

career ending
For one he is the best CB on our books

Secondly why are you ignoring the blatant contradiction with Pogba

Thirdly I have no issue with them being sold. I have issue with Woodward not replacement but also Ole sanctioning sales without knowing a replacement was linedup/sealed.

He was obviously niave and also thought players like Lingard Mata Pereira Jones could cover which shows poor judgement
I think Pogba should have been sold too and we absolutely should have brought in replacements beforehand. The board are a fecking disgrace for allowing this to happen.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So what do you propose to do?
There's nothing fans can do.

Except for support the team, suck it up, and hope there's a seismic change in the board, or that we stumble on a manager who can actually pick a player at a decent price, and fuse an effective team together.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I hate Woodward more then I hate any one person or thing on this planet

I hate him more then the idea of Liverpool winning the league

Twat

Cassidy

I think Pogba should have been sold too and we absolutely should have brought in replacements beforehand. The board are a fecking disgrace for allowing this to happen.
But Ole wanted to keep Pogba.
Look no matter what you say about Lukaku. Ole came in after Jose and dropped him immediately and then started playing him on the wing. What did he think was going to happen in the summer. So if thats the case if he knew he was going to sideline Lukaku like that, he should have ensured that the replacement was coming. Its poor management

Utdstar01

So you think fans will continue going to games watching this shitfest? Numbers will fall eventually and I think today is the start of something. We can't just wait around and hope That something will be done.

Ban

Mass cleraout today, Adidas closing the pipe in the summer. Wake up and smell the coffee Ed.

Cassidy

So you think fans will continue going to games watching this shitfest? Numbers will fall eventually and I think today is the start of something. We can't just wait around and hope That something will be done.
Yes they did under LVG

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
But Ole wanted to keep Pogba.
Look no matter what you say about Lukaku. Ole came in after Jose and dropped him immediately and then started playing him on the wing. What did he think was going to happen in the summer. So if thats the case if he knew he was going to sideline Lukaku like that, he should have ensured that the replacement was coming. Its poor management
He backed Martial and you could argue Rashfords form was due to an increase in responsibility and it allowed us to give opportunity to Greenwood.

sammyhol

There's nothing fans can do.

Except for support the team, suck it up, and hope there's a seismic change in the board, or that we stumble on a manager who can actually pick a player at a decent price, and fuse an effective team together.
I don't believe that for a second... It isn't about hitting them in their pocket. It is all about perception and coverage. If half the stadium stood up on 20 minutes, winning or losing, and walked out the stadium, do you not think that the media would be all over it. It would be impossible to swerve the questioning.

Fans are the ONLY thing that can force change in this situation.

soapythecat

This need to get personal with Woodward, Judge and anyone connected with United, such as Sponsors.
Pointless targeting the Glazers personally as they live in the US and don’t care.
Woodward can be got at. His address needs circulating, his email, phone anything needs putting out there and the wanker needs a shake up.
It doesn’t have to be physical but banners outside his home, phone calls, etc can all done in a targeted approach.
He thinks he’s out of reach and will sack Ole to save himself. He will use PR to stem some anger - DoF proposals in the news tomorrow perhaps?

Cassidy

He backed Martial and you could argue Rashfords form was due to an increase in responsibility and it allowed us to give opportunity to Greenwood.
Look he left us short. Management is about keeping everyone happy and onside until u no longer need them. He didnt need to sideline Lukaku the way he did without knowing someone was coming in. Didnt need to be a striker but could be a winger. You mentioned Greenwood who plays mainly RW for us
He has to take responsibility for his decisions. Not to mention we all know Martial will pick up an injury during a season

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
This need to get personal with Woodward, Judge and anyone connected with United, such as Sponsors.
Pointless targeting the Glazers personally as they live in the US and don’t care.
Woodward can be got at. His address needs circulating, his email, phone anything needs putting out there and the wanker needs a shake up.
It doesn’t have to be physical but banners outside his home, phone calls, etc can all done in a targeted approach.
He thinks he’s out of reach and will sack Ole to save himself. He will use PR to stem some anger - DoF proposals in the news tomorrow perhaps?

This shouldnt happen, but if this continues up, I dont think it will be far off from happening. I think we will start seeing him at less and less matches because the abuse he is going to cop is going to be astronomical.

fergiesarmy1

Mates are struggling to give them away, they will renew though.

fergiesarmy1

Doesn’t he actually live and work in London.

shaky

I don't believe that for a second... It isn't about hitting them in their pocket. It is all about perception and coverage. If half the stadium stood up on 20 minutes, winning or losing, and walked out the stadium, do you not think that the media would be all over it. It would be impossible to swerve the questioning.

Fans are the ONLY thing that can force change in this situation.
What questioning? When did Woodward or the Glazers ever put themselves forward to answering questions? I don't even know what their voices sound like. Media drama will have to be fronted by the manager, as always. The board will not care one tiny jot about what the media are saying so long as the club still makes them money. Once it drys up, they will cash in, scoot away with their massive sacks of money and never give Utd another thought.

JG3001

This shouldnt happen, but if this continues up, I dont think it will be far off from happening. I think we will start seeing him at less and less matches because the abuse he is going to cop is going to be astronomical.
I don’t advocate any violence but I want things to be toxic to the point that he feels he can’t go near the games anymore. If that’s constant hurling of abuse for 90 mins every match, then so be it.

Fans do have the power but too many are idiotic enough to just keep spending money and attending quietly. Mass walkouts, winning or losing, are required over and over till the point sticks.

AlexUTD

Exactly this.... Time for people to stop buying tickets or turning up. That stadium needs to having 40k empty seats... Season ticket holders... stop turning up for f**** sake. the seasons gone anyway.... In the age of social media I can't believe it is that difficult to organise boycott... Or even a mass walkout 10 mins into a game. Get these parasites out of the club.
Excatly mate, losing money is the only thing these parasites are worried about so do something about it!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Woodward will just sack Ole and appoint another manager in an attempt to stave off criticism of himself.

If I was Ole, I'd refused any NDAs and go off on one about how the club is run after I get sacked.

sammyhol

What questioning? When did Woodward or the Glazers ever put themselves forward to answering questions? I don't even know what their voices sound like. Media drama will have to be fronted by the manager, as always. The board will not care one tiny jot about what the media are saying so long as the club still makes them money. Once it drys up, they will cash in, scoot away with their massive sacks of money and never give Utd another thought.
If it is a clearly organised boycott against the owners, what question do you think the manager is going to get asked?

"What have the owners said to you?", "What is Ed Woodwards position on the walk out?", "Will they be making a statement to the fans?". Some things can not be avoided. I think people completely down play the power that they have to effect change. Big, visual statements can have a huge impacts."

Answer me this hypothetical.... If 20k+ fans walked out of the stadium singing "love united, hate the glazers" 20 mins into a game for 3 home games in a row, there wouldn't be an enormous amount of pressure put on the ownership?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Woodward will just sack Ole and appoint another manager in an attempt to stave off criticism of himself.

If I was Ole, I'd refused any NDAs and go off on one about how the club is run after I get sacked.
He’s not going to do that though is he. It’s all about money for everyone. United’s decline is almost symbolic of the state of the world.

INeedAbsynthe

Supports
Liverpool
As soon as something starts to build you get a decent result or a few and it’s like a reset. Rinse repeat.

You guys, Arsenal, Newcastle and West Ham. It’s a never ending cycle. Flashes of discontent will never achieve anything.

Pughnichi

Match day banners.
Not with pointless gestures like Ed out
But massive banners of our sponsors competitors. Don’t think Adidas would appreciate huge Nike banners making an appearance every game.

shaky

If it is a clearly organised boycott against the owners, what question do you think the manager is going to get asked?

"What have the owners said to you?", "What is Ed Woodwards position on the walk out?", "Will they be making a statement to the fans?". Some things can not be avoided. I think people completely down play the power that they have to effect change. Big, visual statements can have a huge impacts."

Answer me this hypothetical.... If 20k+ fans walked out of the stadium singing "love united, hate the glazers" 20 mins into a game for 3 home games in a row, there wouldn't be an enormous amount of pressure put on the ownership?
There would be zero pressure on the ownership. It's their club. They don't have to answer to anyone. If sponsors get sad, then they will shrug and say fair enough, and get new sponsors. The Man Utd brand is never ever going to stop making them money either way.

Tarrou

Shambolic that we haven't brought some reinforcements in with the state of the squad

Part of me thinks its because they've already lined up Poch for the summer so don't want to give Ole more budget, but I tbh doubt they are that proactive

OverratedOpinion

I was reading an article about Man City's ffp breaches earlier.

Can you imagine having owners that desperately try and break rules to put as much of their own money as they can into the club?

shaky

Any awkward questions to the manager will just cause him grief, and he will put up with it because that is part of his job. If he doesn't put up with it, then he will be replaced. Still won't have any effect on the board.

Josep Dowling

Internet fan tells actual fans to stop going to games.
Great one.

Have you seen the reducing percent of revenue match gate is compared to the rest? It's not even a game changer.
It’s not about the revenue lost as most would have already paid to attend the game via their season tickets. It’s about sending a message which is very damaging for reputation and sponsorship.

BT already mentioned fans leaving at the 85th. Having a half empty stadium changes things. You only have to look at Liverpool and Arsenal in recent years. Liverpool got new owners and Arsenal got Wenger out.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
It’s not about the revenue lost as most would have already paid to attend the game via their season tickets. It’s about sending a message which is very damaging for reputation and sponsorship.

BT already mentioned fans leaving at the 85th. Having a half empty stadium changes things. You only have to look at Liverpool and Arsenal in recent years. Liverpool got new owners and Arsenal got Wenger out.
Fans leaving in the 85th minute is fcukin normal.

They need to leave after 60 to have an impact

red thru&thru

As soon as something starts to build you get a decent result or a few and it’s like a reset. Rinse repeat.

You guys, Arsenal, Newcastle and West Ham. It’s a never ending cycle. Flashes of discontent will never achieve anything.
And this comes from a fan whose supporters help oust their former owners. Some of our fans could learn a thing or two from them.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
the day the matchgoing fans start singing for a change in manager instead of the people upstairs esp. with someone with **** status like Ole, the club is well and truly done and Woodward and Glazers have complete control of the fans as well. Changing managers before changing the footballing structure of the club will, if it hasn't already, be used to appease the fans everytime something goes wrong. Hopefully, supporters don't lap it up this time but seeing what is happening in caf I don't see any hope.
This is a very good point, and why I think the OleIN vs OleOUT is a red herring. Despite spending over £1.5billion on transfer fees and wages for new players post SAF, no manager has managed to challenge for the league title. OGS might not be the right candidate but changing him right now achieves nothing. Any new manager will face exactly the same issues and fail for exactly the same reasons. And it frustrates me that so many can't see this, and so a unified protest cant be voiced.

I have such an admiration for how Liverpool fans unified to save their club from the poisonous ownership of Hicks/Gillette, and how they were also patient and supportive behind Klopp.

Manchester United used to claim that we had the best fans in the world. I'm not sure that is true at all. Our fan base is a mixed bag of loyalists, entitled glory seekers and noisy negative minded keyboard warriors. IF all 500million fans around the world could unify behind one plan to get rid of our owners, we'd be successful. But it would require someone like SAF or ClassOf92 or another loved consortium to organise such.

Personally I would love it if SAF spoke out and created the burning platform. Others could follow up with the leg work and get things done. It's going to take something of that inspiration and magnitude to make things change.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It's really sad, have thought about it quite a lot and don't see a single solution that doesn't involve us falling possibly to a level we can't claw back from given how we've lost our competitive advantage.

The way I see it is that there are 3 possibilities:
1. The Glazers are incentivised to invest in the team, the stadium and so on. For this to be the case, there needs to be a positive return to that investment. From their point of view, they are paid a dividend every year, which is just about guaranteed. The less they spend on transfers, the more solid their dividend is. So cash flow wise, it's a tough one. The only other way is to increase the value of the club - but that only helps if they plan to sell it.

2. The Glazers are exited in the short term - <2 years. This is the optimal solution. We keep most of the playing staff, coaching staff, brand and prestige, but through some miracle get new owners who care about the club. But I see no way it happens.

3. The Glazers bleed us dry for another decade, relying on increasing tv rights to maintain their dividends, and finally leave after selling us in a fire sale once we're in the second division and have no decent players. We fall so far behind our rivals that even wealthy new owners can't afford to invest the type of initial outlay (even if they could break FFP...like City) required to return us to where we once were. We become mediocre, perpetually.

It really is that simple, and everything I've seen from the Glazers suggests that we'll see option 3.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I was reading an article about Man City's ffp breaches earlier.

Can you imagine having owners that desperately try and break rules to put as much of their own money as they can into the club?
Don't think that's simply out of their love of football. Our owners are greedy cnuts draining the blood from United but City's owners have actual blood on their hands and the investment into the club is only to support that.