#GlazersOut

0161_UNITED

And to think we have actual glazer bootlickers here :lol:
I certainly have concerns about the Glazers, Woodward, and the club, and there’s multiple levels of concerns that are not just solved by a simple monolithic solution like: new owners, appoint a DOF, fire Ed.

However, it’s also highly irresponsible to at least consider that...

It may be possible, although certainly not optimal, that even under the constraints of Glazer ownership the club can return to the success fans are accustomed too.

But more fervently, my opinion is that those who think, “It can’t get any worse than this” are patently wrong. Venky’s. We are still yet to see exactly what happens when ownership of a major club simply loses interest or walks away. We can cite Rangers, etc., but with the vast amounts of money that PSG, Real Madrid, etc are laying out, it’s very difficult to see how it’s sustainable at times. It will probably take a major club going into receivership and liquidation for the world to wake up and take notice. Arsenal fans and United hate their owners, but there is at least a measured level of financial responsibility involved. With a new owner, that level of responsibility could erode into disaster.

DoomSlayer

i think we have some paid shills here
I share the same feeling. We as fans must look at the interest of the club, not some overseas American billionaire businessmen, who want to run us as a corporation and expect each financial quarter's profits to exceed the previous.

If we want to take it to the business terminology, we are a major part of all stakeholders and without us the whole thing crumbles. We have to demand as a united fanbase that either major organisational changes are made, or the Glazers look to sell their majority hold to people who want to develop the club and not look for short-term returns and profits.

Zen86

Nobody in their right minds likes having the Glazers here, but as others have pointed out, it could be a lot worse.

Anyone praying for new owners should consider the fact that if we were to be bought by another, it certainly won’t be to rescue us. Those with exhorbitant wealth wouldn’t be doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, the club would be used as a political vehicle or for profit. Although considering the value of our club, it would almost certainly be for profit again.

Saffron

Nobody in their right minds likes having the Glazers here, but as others have pointed out, it could be a lot worse.

Anyone praying for new owners should consider the fact that if we were to be bought by another, it certainly won’t be to rescue us. Those with exhorbitant wealth wouldn’t be doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, the club would be used as a political vehicle or for profit. Although considering the value of our club, it would almost certainly be for profit again.

FSG came in, immedately cleared the worst of Liverpool’s debt. Has taken £0 in dividends since. Lets the club use its own money. Even spent £110m on stadium improvements.

The Guardian:

FSG’s approach is cast in an enviable light compared with that of the US owners of Manchester United, the Glazer family, whose 2005 takeover was leveraged with £525m debts, has cost the club more than £1bn and has seen a decline after they failed to plan for the succession to illustrious manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

FSG have run Liverpool steadily after early missteps in the expensive recruitment of players and a landmark row with supporters, who organised a walkout of Anfield at the match against Sunderland in 2016, protesting about ticket price rises. Henry, the chairman Tom Werner and FSG president Mike Gordon quickly made an apologetic statement and reworked the pricing, and since then, with the appointment of the former Times journalist Tony Barrett as the head of club and supporter liaison, the club has been more sensitive and relations have improved.

FSG have put money in, £110m in loans to build the new 20,500-seat Main Stand, which has increased Anfield’s capacity to 54,074 and boosted commercial revenues, while so far taking nothing out in dividends. Gordon, who has taken the most active role in the Liverpool rebuilding, was centrally involved in hiring the inspirational Klopp, formerly the successful manager of Borussia Dortmund in the German Bundesliga. FSG have backed him with ambitious but analytical player recruitment, overseen by a sporting director, Mike Edwards, which has brought a new high-quality squad to Anfield including striker Mohamed Salah, centre-half Virgil van Dijk and goalkeeper Alisson Becker.

Zen86

FSG came in, immedately cleared Liverpool’s debt. Has taken £0 in dividends since. Lets the club use its own money. Even spent £110m on stadium improvements.

The Guardian:
It doesn’t really matter what happened to Liverpool back then though does it? There is no white knight who is coming to do the same for us, not for the minimum 3bn or so we would cost to acquire.

I’m afraid any changes in ownership for us is going to be a case of swapping one group of d**kheads for another.

Last edited:

Saffron

It doesn’t really matter what happened to Liverpool back then though does it? There is no white knight who is coming to do the same for us, not for the minimum 3bn or so we would cost to acquire.
What you don’t seem to understand is that we don’t need an altruistic owner. FSG aren’t altruists. They’re content simply letting their asset increase in value. And fostering that growth from the bottom up with good football and no unnecessary money pits like interests and dividends.

Liverpool has increased in value from $552m to $2.2bn under their stewardship. Even though they haven’t taken a penny out of LFC, they would make a profit of at least a billion if they sold today.

FSG and Liverpool benefit mutually from their ownership. The Glazers on the other hand are only a burden, a parasite on United.

Zen86

What you don’t seem to understand is that we don’t need an altruistic owner. FSG aren’t altruists. They’re content simply letting their asset increase in value. And fostering that growth from the bottom up with good football and no unnecessary money pits like interests and dividends.

Liverpool has increased in value from $552m to $2.2bn under their stewardship. Even though they haven’t taken a penny out of LFC, they would make a profit of at least a billion if they sold today.

FSG and Liverpool benefit mutually from their ownership. The Glazers on the other hand are only a burden, a parasite on United.
FSG and the Glazers got into football at the right time. We’re talking many billions for an acquisition now, and you can bet there won’t be much patience for return on investment.

Red00012

I don't know if the Kingdom of SA will want to buy the club after the huge outcry in the western media about the murder of Khashoggi. Just imagine the uproar it will create in the Uk and USA, if there is genuine intent on the part of KSA.
Also, if KSA indeed buys the club, we would probably lose 75% of the users on Redcafe. That would be pretty sad though.
This might be a good thing:D

You see comments like “I’m done” if there’s a Saudi Takeover, most of these people won’t go anywhere.

C'est Moi Cantona

There is very few, if any, who would come in and be worse than the Glazers, they have put nothing in, and by the time they have gone they will have stripped bare.

As much have they have taken out, there has been enough money spent for the team to be competing for things, the mistake they have made, unlike the teams above us, is that they have steadfastly refused to put a proper structure in place to run things, and have just left Ed to it, there is not a chance this would happen again, as it is counter productive, and for us right now it just getting darn right bizarre that it is been allowed to continue. Also it is also highly unlikely that any other owners would be as financially irresponsible with us as that the Glazers have been, indeed I'm not even sure if their type of takeover is allowed anymore.

So I'd happily take my chances things will not be anything like as bad as they are now under new owners

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Paddy Crerand fans phone in was cancelled by MUTV tonight, the club has not tweeted since yesterday. The Twitter accounts of club sponsors are being bombarded with #GlazersOut.

croadyman

Paddy Crerand fans phone in was cancelled by MUTV tonight, the club has not tweeted since yesterday. The Twitter accounts of club sponsors are being bombarded with #GlazersOut.
They will probably be back on air next Monday and come out with some really lame excuse about why the show got cancelled

Patrick08

is that they have steadfastly refused to put a proper structure in place to run things, and have just left Ed to it,
Ed managed their take over of Man United. Since Fergie stepped down, He has been installed to serve their commercial interests and nothing else.

Handsome Devil

It just saddens me that the whole club is becoming a circus. I’m not saying it is easy to run a club but a pure money man is relying on pure luck when they attempt to have a significant input into transfer policy and the football side of the club. The fact I nearly wrote ‘football operations’ there just shows a big part of the problem. I think the thing that hurts is that the whole thing has become so cynical. I’m not just a United fan, I just love sports in general and one thing I really enjoy is seeing new ideas being implemented in a sport that brings success whether it be by new fitness methods, new tactics, marginal gains, new equipment or just general organisation. What I see at United is a big bloated entity that have strayed so far from being run on sporting principals that it just appears to be a vehicle for others to get the biggest pay day of their career for literally nothing in return. It annoys me that even smaller clubs have some sort of organisation in place that helps them to maximise the returns on their investment in football. At United however I’m sitting there being preached to by so many others that I have to respect a number of players who frankly aren’t bothered whether they succeed or not. I would genuinely take a scenario where we were starting from the bottom if i could see some sort of method to it all and that it may end up somewhere. Instead it just feels like lean times are wasted and are so empty. I think that’s a growing feeling now and we could well see a return of a larger glazer out movement once again-I certainly hope that’s the case
Excellent pragmatic non-hysterical post.
Nail. Head. Hit.

oz insomniac

The influence of the owners continue , the fees asked are outlandish and will not be paid in this crazy transfer summer market. Could it be that Woodward and the Glazers are telling all and sundry that they won't spend to strengthen the mid table squad that has been assembled over the past 4/5 years.

Seems we have been warned not to expect to compete with Citeh, Real and others, just to be satisfied with past glories and sit back like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers , oh well .

red thru&thru

The influence of the owners continue , the fees asked are outlandish and will not be paid in this crazy transfer summer market. Could it be that Woodward and the Glazers are telling all and sundry that they won't spend to strengthen the mid table squad that has been assembled over the past 4/5 years.

Seems we have been warned not to expect to compete with Citeh, Real and others, just to be satisfied with past glories and sit back like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers , oh well .
It shouldn't be oh well. Continue the #GlazersOut movement and changes will be made.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
There is very few, if any, who would come in and be worse than the Glazers, they have put nothing in, and by the time they have gone they will have stripped bare.

As much have they have taken out, there has been enough money spent for the team to be competing for things, the mistake they have made, unlike the teams above us, is that they have steadfastly refused to put a proper structure in place to run things, and have just left Ed to it, there is not a chance this would happen again, as it is counter productive, and for us right now it just getting darn right bizarre that it is been allowed to continue. Also it is also highly unlikely that any other owners would be as financially irresponsible with us as that the Glazers have been, indeed I'm not even sure if their type of takeover is allowed anymore.

So I'd happily take my chances things will not be anything like as bad as they are now under new owners
Levy, arsenal owner, Newcastle owner, and countless failed owners from epl alone. There's alot of bad apples out there.

Levy is lucky he has poch and kane. He's known to be stingy