g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

#GlazersOut

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So you expected the club to be bought out to the tune of £800m, immediate squad investment constantly to the tune of billions, then throw a few more billion at upgrading OT. Sure then throw another billion at facilities and feck knows what else...

Newsflash sunshine, that ain't happening....... WITH ANY OWNERS!

They will lump debt on the club even if the Glazers decide to sell.

There's this notion that City's Oil Rich owners are heaven sent and putting themselves into homelessness for City's greater good... Feck me its incredibly dumb and naive to think that's the case or will happen to us with new owners.

It's not going to happen.

New owners will still want a return on investment just like EVERY club owner...EVERY! It's business to ALL them!
I didn’t want those cnuts here in the first place. I remember pre Glazer period and we were doing just fine. I’m sure an adequate owner or owners would have been found had the move to buy us via leveraged buy out had been blocked.

Marcelinho87

A business term called... a leveraged buyout. https://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/leveragedbuyout.asp

Standard business practice carried out globally.

City have done similar and cooked their books but lets ignore that and run with the narrative its exclusive to United and the woe is me attitude yeah?
Nobody here gives two fecks about city and nobody here would care for the leveraged buy out if the Glazers INVESTED in the club and were not just talking on the playing field.... The club has been left behind our stadium is dated our training facilities are dated our club is dated all due to lack of investment.... Manchester City may have the same kind of buyout which if so I wasn't aware but nobody can point fingers at their owners because they INVEST in the club.

Ours don't invest a fecking penny and if they do or ever did it's the clubs own money not a fecking dime of their own.

Fluctuation0161

Far from it, but feel free to dissect the information I've posted and prove otherwise.

What I've posted is matter of fact.

The anti glazer sort might not like reading it as is evident judging by the replies I'm getting but it doesn't make it any less true.

Well you don't get to decide what is and what isn't investment cause in reality it is investment. It cleared debt that was crippling the clubs ability to invest in the team and they cleared it and in turn since it has allowed to club to invest in players again in the post Ferguson era on the back of its sustainability.

Yeah them lousy Glazers, sure we only won how many leagues and cups with them as owners with Fergie there?

The minute a manager starts winning again then this will again all vanish exactly like it done with the stupid green and gold protests a decade or so back.
It's just that athe points you make are (a) not positives for the Glazers, at best they are 1 or 2 neutral points, if I'm being generous and (b) they are 1 or 2 drops in an ocean of negatives from the Glazer ownership.

You're focusing largely irrelevant points and missing the, extremely obvious, big picture.

Jericholyte2

The problem is, with a club with the fan-base that we have, is that not level of protest will really work.

Hundred, thousands stop buying tickets - others will pick them up
Thousands stop buying merch - drop in the ocean
Tens, hundreds of thousands unfollow - again, relative drop in ocean

No level of fan protest will ever be significant enough to stop the Glazers’ / Woodward’s current reign.

And even then the only real hope is something like the Saudi Royal Family and the implications of their ownership.

Keefy18

I didn’t want those cnuts here in the first place. I remember pre Glazer period and we were doing just fine. I’m sure an adequate owner or owners would have been found had the move to buy us via leveraged buy out had been blocked.
No we weren't we were in a period of restructure and won only 2 leagues in 5.

If you also knew our club history the club was ANYTHING but fine due to Ferguson having an extremely volatile and worse public fall out with the previous owners (Magnier & McManus) .

Supporters were protesting due to the fall out between manager and board and how it was affecting the club and supporters were going to protest even at a fecking horse race meet!!

To say we were doing just fine is well, nonsense! Ferguson was on the verge of quitting due to the fall out over the race horse Rock of Gibralatar!

This here is what we call revising history.

Nobody here gives two fecks about city and nobody here would care for the leveraged buy out if the Glazers INVESTED in the club and were not just talking on the playing field.... The club has been left behind our stadium is dated our training facilities are dated our club is dated all due to lack of investment.... Manchester City may have the same kind of buyout which if so I wasn't aware but nobody can point fingers at their owners because they INVEST in the club.

Ours don't invest a fecking penny and if they do or ever did it's the clubs own money not a fecking dime of their own.
Except they do give 2 fecks because the go to example to support anti glazer sorts arguments is to cite how great City are doing. But the reality is and I know for a fact many don't bother their arses actually looking at City's books.

I mean, in the last year we had a good laugh on twitter tweeting their supports and club about the scandals that were breaking over how they conduct their business. We've journalists asking Pep is he receiving illegal funds whilst at City in press conferences.

You don't suddenly give two fecks because I've shown you the truth of the matter that the problems at United aren't exclusive to United but one that is quite common in the modern game.

Old Trafford could do with an upgrade alright but when we've managers constantly failing and demanding funds to rebuild... that will be put on the long finger.

You can sulk all you like about it but its extremely difficult to simultaneously fund a team rebuild with a stadium rebuild!

It's just that athe points you make are (a) not positives for the Glazers, at best they are 1 or 2 neutral points, if I'm being generous and (b) they are 1 or 2 drops in an ocean of negatives from the Glazer ownership.

You're focusing largely irrelevant points and missing the, extremely obvious, big picture.
I didn't say they were positive, I just pointed out the fact they weren't entirely true.

That an its basically absolutely fecking embarrassing carry on.

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

The problem is, with a club with the fan-base that we have, is that not level of protest will really work.

No level of fan protest will ever be significant enough to stop the Glazers’ / Woodward’s current reign.

And even then the only real hope is something like the Saudi Royal Family and the implications of their ownership.

Just give in then I guess? Let the club die? Cause they are killing it. There is no reason to think things will improve in any way significant. They lied to the fans faces about a technical director.

So yes protesting may not do anything but I for one am proud of every fan who does so. Cause it shows they care a whole lot more than anyone who are just willing to sit there and suffer in silence. Will be very disappointed if we aren't protesting as much as possible next season.

arthurka

Merchandise purchases won't stop due to the market in Asia, the vacuum that stuff up over there :lol:

Their gold mine is TV revenue as it is for many clubs now. Stadiums could be empty and they still make profits its crazy but true.
Yes its crazy. I guess it would be nothing more than symbolic gesture. But its worth a shot.

Jericholyte2

Just give in then I guess? Let the club die? Cause they are killing it. There is no reason to think things will improve in any way significant. They lied to the fans faces about a technical director.

So yes protesting may not do anything but I for one am proud of every fan who does so. Cause it shows they care a whole lot more than anyone who are just willing to sit there and suffer in silence. Will be very disappointed if we aren't protesting as much as possible next season.
I’m not saying to give in and accept it, but it will be pointless, wasted energy.

Nobody will notice and nothing will change. We tried in 2010 and everyone thought change would come, but that fizzled away to nothing.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
No we weren't we were in a period of restructure and won only 2 leagues in 5.

If you also knew our club history the club was ANYTHING but fine due to Ferguson having an extremely volatile and worse public fall out with the previous owners (Magnier & McManus) .

Supporters were protesting due to the fall out between manager and board and how it was affecting the club and supporters were going to protest even at a fecking horse race meet!!

To say we were doing just fine is well, nonsense! Ferguson was on the verge of quitting due to the fall out over the race horse Rock of Gibralatar!

This here is what we call revising history.

Except they do give 2 fecks because the go to example to support anti glazer sorts arguments is to cite how great City are doing. But the reality is and I know for a fact many don't bother their arses actually looking at City's books.

I mean, in the last year we had a good laugh on twitter tweeting their supports and club about the scandals that were breaking over how they conduct their business. We've journalists asking Pep is he receiving illegal funds whilst at City in press conferences.

You don't suddenly give two fecks because I've shown you the truth of the matter that the problems at United aren't exclusive to United but one that is quite common in the modern game.

Old Trafford could do with an upgrade alright but when we've managers constantly failing and demanding funds to rebuild... that will be put on the long finger.

You can sulk all you like about it but its extremely difficult to simultaneously fund a team rebuild with a stadium rebuild!

I didn't say they were positive, I just pointed out the fact they weren't entirely true.

That an its basically absolutely fecking embarrassing carry on.
I’m well aware of the Rock of Gibraltar debacle. Sir Alex was planning on quitting anyway. Now, since the treble won the league 5 times was it? Champions League semi finals. FA cup. I’d say we were fecking doing alright. Chelsea got taken over and Arsenal had the invincibles so it was always going to be a difficult period for us. It’s you with the revisionism pal.

Darlington Padgett

The biggest problem is the fans that think that complaining is not being loyal to the club. There's always a group of fans calling plastic fans that ones that are trying to make a change. I don't know why but it makes them feel like better fans when they just let the club sink.

Keefy18

I’m well aware of the Rock of Gibraltar debacle. Sir Alex was planning on quitting anyway. Now, since the treble won the league 5 times was it? Champions League semi finals. FA cup. I’d say we were fecking doing alright. Chelsea got taken over and Arsenal had the invincibles so it was always going to be a difficult period for us. It’s you with the revisionism pal.
It was far from alright though and again Ferguson was only going to walk due to the fall out with the owners. He also had a fall out with Edwards and actually retired temporarily!

Same Martin Edwards who had the club on the brink of Administration and bled the club completely dry!

But the Glazers are painted as the worst of the lot?

Ferguson continued to have challenges, Chelsea's Abromovich crossed over from the Magnier / McManus and Glazer ownership. Then came City's billionaire Shekh owners. He always had challenges at all times of his tenure at the club.

C'est Moi Cantona

Might work, arguably the best idea....

Still OT could be empty every home match and they'd still make profit due to TV revenue and sponsorship, mainly the TV revenue mind.
Yes they would, but not as much as they could, and the value of the club will take a massive hit, and there is no way the Glazers are in this to see their asset rise to the peak of the hill, (which it probably has been for a year or two now), and then just stand about watching it roll down the other side, which is inevitable if we continue to fall down the league, but with the added unrest of the fans hammering any campaign home it can only help, if the sponsors start taking notice then we really are in business.

The argument that they aren't so bad, we could have worse owners, etc, is wearing thin now, SAF going has brutally exposed them, and they have not even attempted to change things, they are sucking the life out of us now, and I personally hope a proper campaign can gain momentum.

Keefy18

Yes they would, but not as much as they could, and the value of the club will take a massive hit, and there is no way the Glazers are in this to see their asset rise to the peak of the hill, (which it probably has been for a year or two now), and then just stand about watching it roll down the other side, which is inevitable if we continue to fall down the league, but with the added unrest of the fans hammering any campaign home it can only help, if the sponsors start taking notice then we really are in business.

The argument that they aren't so bad, we could have worse owners, etc, is wearing thin now, SAF going has brutally exposed them, and they have not even attempted to change things, they are sucking the life out of us now, and I personally hope a proper campaign can gain momentum.
Oh completely they want maximum possible return and supporters attending games is whats ideally best. This season is a write off in that sense already as season tickets are sold out again. The fact the Glazer family have rolled out an 8 year ticket price freeze suggests they want supporters to attend and are doing their best to keep fans coming through those turnstiles.

I'm not sure it has, they've hired the best managers possible at times of recruitment. They've allowed those managers complete freedom, exactly like they did with Ferguson. They've also financially backed each of those hires and it cannot be said otherwise.

They've almost entirely given complete and utter, unquestionable support of the 2 main hires (LVG & Jose) bar a fall out over a CB which is as much on Jose as it is anyone else.

laughtersassassin

I’m not saying to give in and accept it, but it will be pointless, wasted energy.

Nobody will notice and nothing will change. We tried in 2010 and everyone thought change would come, but that fizzled away to nothing.
Let's not let it fizzle away then. If these owners are going to see us be shit for the next 5-10 years then let's protest every game.

100% better than nothing and would see the bubble burst. If Fergie wasn't such a good manager then the protesting never would have stopped.

C'est Moi Cantona

Oh completely they want maximum possible return and supporters attending games is whats ideally best. This season is a write off in that sense already as season tickets are sold out again. The fact the Glazer family have rolled out an 8 year ticket price freeze suggests they want supporters to attend and are doing their best to keep fans coming through those turnstiles.

I'm not sure it has, they've hired the best managers possible at times of recruitment. They've allowed those managers complete freedom, exactly like they did with Ferguson. They've also financially backed each of those hires and it cannot be said otherwise.

They've almost entirely given complete and utter, unquestionable support of the 2 main hires (LVG & Jose) bar a fall out over a CB which is as much on Jose as it is anyone else.
Did they though? I'm not sure LvG wanted ADM or Falcao for example, but they ticked the 'commercial box' , Jose was his own worst enemy, but if you hire him then you back him, so if on the back of decent season he wants Peresic you get him, and then on the back of arguably an even better season he wants a CB then you have to do it, or you should never have hired him.

The point is to me it looks like Ed has been given 'Carte Blanche' to what he wants, a man with the Glazers best interests at heart, with no football knowledge, and with no desire, or pressure on him to change the approach, it's not healthy, and the Glazers should step in at this point.

If the Glazers are staying then they need to overhaul the people the at the top, invest massively in the stadium, revamp the training facilities, get a capable manager in place, and back then him, and be willing to answer questions on their intentions, there is no way any of this will happen, so now I'd rather take my chances and put some massive pressure on them to go, no matter what may follow.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Did they though? I'm not sure LvG wanted ADM or Falcao for example, but they ticked the 'commercial box' , Jose was his own worst enemy, but if you hire him then you back him, so if on the back of decent season he wants Peresic you get him, and then on the back of arguably an even better season he wants a CB then you have to do it, or you should never have hired him.

The point is to me it looks like Ed has been given 'Carte Blanche' to what he wants, a man with the Glazers best interests at heart, with no football knowledge, and with no desire, or pressure on him to change the approach, it's not healthy, and the Glazers should step in at this point.

If the Glazers are staying then they need to overhaul the people the at the top, invest massively in the stadium, revamp the training facilities, get a capable manager in place, and back then him, and be willing to answer questions on their intentions, there is no way any of this will happen, so now I'd rather take my chances and put some massive pressure on them to go, no matter what may follow.
We seem to be like a lot of US franchises. The owners do just enough for the team to exist.

the chameleon

One of the most embarrassing situations to happen to the club in a long time this Glazer out b*llicks!!

Some of the sentiments aren't even true, at best they are half true.

Every bit as bad or worse than paying for planes to fly over Old Trafford :rolleyes:
Why does this piss you off so much?

It's the right thing to happen. Nothing embarrassing about fans being frustrated with the ownership and wanting change.

What truly is embarrassing is supposed fans getting getting pissed off.

If you don't like it, take a break!

C'est Moi Cantona

We seem to be like a lot of US franchises. The owners do just enough for the team to exist.
I have to admit their ownership of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is what worries me the most about getting rid of them, they've hung on to them for 24 years now, they're clearly not easily shifted.

VJ1762

This chap has strong links to the Saudi Royal family from what I've read.
I don't know if the Kingdom of SA will want to buy the club after the huge outcry in the western media about the murder of Khashoggi. Just imagine the uproar it will create in the Uk and USA, if there is genuine intent on the part of KSA.
Also, if KSA indeed buys the club, we would probably lose 75% of the users on Redcafe. That would be pretty sad though.

Winrar

Saudis buying United would be the classic case of double edged sword, if given that they have similar ambitions to UAE regarding City, with somewhat of a "romantic" twist like bringing back a fallen giant back to the top by focusing on making us a winning machine, while bringing a whole another can of worms with their seedy moral baggage.

menfismonk

I hope Glazers sell the club as soon as possible. We need new blood & hope really. Biggest example is Milan FC.

Keefy18

ADM was arguably one of the best attacking wide players in the world at the time. I don't buy into this notion he was only signed for commercial reasons at all, its bit like saying if we signed Messi sure he was only signed for commercial reasons! Great players will also bring commercial gain, just how it goes.

The board wanted a long term plan put in place, Jose agreed to this when he joined. He spoke of wanting to build a similar history to Ferguson's and being here for year but what he done was a 180 then in the middle of season 2 and reverted to form.

To say the board should just fold and deliver him Perisic for me personally isn't right then, cause its a mutual agreement from the point of taking the job. He wanted to rid the club of the talented kid with far greater upside than a short term option in Perisic.

But feck it, are you telling me Perisic was the missing player and the one to win us a league? Not a chance mate, no way in hell was he going to be that player. Sure sod, I'll go one further... He wanted Maguire for ridiculous sums of money of £80m and the like, if they delivered him as well we still wouldn't of won the league I'd be certain of it.

Reality is this folks, make out that he only got 3 players in Fred, Grant and Dalot. Few months prior the club broke all kinds of spending records to deliver Sanchez who City were also chasing. That deal was mind boggling, Jose no doubt wanted him as he wanted an attacking wide player to replace Mikha (another expensive failure under Jose)... He was failing repeatedly with every single transfer the board gave him, but folks wanted players to just keep on being given to him?

Keefy18

Why does this piss you off so much?

It's the right thing to happen. Nothing embarrassing about fans being frustrated with the ownership and wanting change.

What truly is embarrassing is supposed fans getting getting pissed off.

If you don't like it, take a break!
A twitter trend to rid the club of its owners? Really? The only word for that is embarrassing! As if a fecking twitter trend is going to rid the club of the owners!

If folks want to protest I'm all for it, but at least protest on things that are true and not spread bollicks posters about the place with misinformation on it and when I pointed this out earlier a poster admitted it didn't even matter, I mean... really?

If the club really means that much to people then get your story straight and make the argument valid.

Their not perfect by any means but the chances are if / when we get new owners in our lifetime they'll still want profit and not be much different to what came before.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
What a weird thread for me to read as I already put the trolls on ignore.

Keefy18

What a weird thread for me to read as I already put the trolls on ignore.
Odd stance to take, so you only want your personal sentiments repeated by others?

It'd be an incredibly boring world if we all agreed on everything all the time.

manunited1919

Twitter protests are not going to do any good. A fan boycott of the opening home game, along with a protest outside the stadium, that would get their attention.

Marcelinho87

Twitter protests are not going to do any good. A fan boycott of the opening home game, along with a protest outside the stadium, that would get their attention.
Things have to start somewhere so why not a platform that hosts not only millions of fans but is home to sponsors of the club too? Already a protest outside old Trafford for the 29th of June is planned and given the go ahead from the Police with more to follow.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Things have to start somewhere so why not a platform that hosts not only millions of fans but is home to sponsors of the club too? Already a protest outside old Trafford for the 29th of June is planned and given the go ahead from the Police with more to follow.
A protest outside Old Trafford isn't going to do any good, maybe a few lines in the Manchester Evening News the next day, nah you gotta think bigger, it'll take some organising but hows about arranging a march from Manchester to the clubs headquarters in Stratton Street(Mayfair) picking up supporters and signatures en-route, i'm sure you'll get more attention/publicity if there's 1000's of United fans clogging up the West End.

Marcelinho87

A protest outside Old Trafford isn't going to do any good, maybe a few lines in the Manchester Evening News the next day, nah you gotta think bigger, it'll take some organising but hows about arranging a march from Manchester to the clubs headquarters in Stratton Street(Mayfair) picking up supporters and signatures en-route, i'm sure you'll get more attention/publicity if there's 1000's of United fans clogging up the West End.
Who knows where it goes from here but as I said it's a start.. step at a time eh.

Baby-faced Assassin

Genuine question, as I don’t pay much attention to the going’s on at other clubs, but has fan pressure ever forced a club’s owners to sell up? I mean at a big club as well. What did they do that had an impact?
Also didn’t MUST pocket a load of donations around the LUHG times? Couldn’t that go to a professional PR agency to drive a campaign?