#GlazersOut

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Again do your homework.

They have invested at the point of take over. The majority was indeed against the clubs own assets but they also invested their own funds / assets so they have risk also.

Feel free to read up on the fact that they also paid to clear numerous tranches of debt in 2010 I believe it was from their own pocket, bringing the bulk of the interest payments and we've not paid as much since on those interest payments.

But yeah, "Zilch".
You make them sound like they’re doing Lords work. They’re nothing but vermin. It’s laughable that anyone would really come out with that bolded part and try to use it as positive. Are you GCHQ or whatever the posters name was when he was here, who was ready to defend those shitehawks to the bitter end?

Last edited:

Marcelinho87

Again do your homework.

They have invested at the point of take over. The majority was indeed against the clubs own assets but they also invested their own funds / assets so they have risk also.

Feel free to read up on the fact that they also paid to clear numerous tranches of debt in 2010 I believe it was from their own pocket, bringing the bulk of the interest payments and we've not paid as much since on those interest payments.

But yeah, "Zilch".
They invested nothing? The only risk they took is taking out a massive loan which they then saddled on the club so it isn't even tied to them..

And 2010 they paid to clear numerous trenches of debt? Debt they themselves created and paid it with money they had syphoned away from the club?

Why so hell bent on protecting them?

Of course there will be a lot of shit out there regarding them but the fact of the matter is they don't give two shits about Manchester United, they saddled the club with millions of pounds worth of debt and invested nothing.

Keefy18

People need to stop buy shit and continue to pour money into their pockets.
Might work, arguably the best idea....

Still OT could be empty every home match and they'd still make profit due to TV revenue and sponsorship, mainly the TV revenue mind.

Paxi

Wonderful, admits the protest movement is full of lies but doesn't care :lol::lol:

The point of a protest is that it has a genuine cause FFS! Otherwise its straw man and you'll find it hard to get supporters.

A twitter trend won't do feck all pal, if anything it just lines their pockets further...but go on tell me more :)
Full of lies? So they haven’t saddled the club with debt? They haven’t been penny pinching? They haven’t had to pay massive amounts of interest that shouldn’t have been paid at all? Wisen the feck up.

arthurka

Might work, arguably the best idea....

Still OT could be empty every home match and they'd still make profit due to TV revenue and sponsorship, mainly the TV revenue mind.
Yeah but that wont last and the renewal of the sponsors wont be anywhere near the amounts paid today if the fans stop buying merch.

Keefy18

You make them sound like they’re doing Lords work. They’re nothing but vermin. It’s laughable that anyone would really come out with that bolded part and try to use it as positive. Are you GCHQ or whatever the posters name was when he was here, who was ready to defend to the bitter end?
Full of lies? So they haven’t saddled the club with debt? They haven’t been penny pinching? They haven’t had to pay massive amounts of interest that shouldn’t have been paid at all? Wisen the feck up.
They invested nothing? The only risk they took is taking out a massive loan which they then saddled on the club so it isn't even tied to them..

And 2010 they paid to clear numerous trenches of debt? Debt they themselves created and paid it with money they had syphoned away from the club?

Why so hell bent on protecting them?

Of course there will be a lot of shit out there regarding them but the fact of the matter is they don't give two shits about Manchester United, they saddled the club with millions of pounds worth of debt and invested nothing.
Two complete and utter caftards. Do your homework boys...

What I take issue with is the fact lies and / or half truths are used for the foundation of the protest. If you want people to believe and follow the movement then it'd be in supporters best interests to push sentiments that can't be picked apart.

Instead of attacking me cause I dared fecking prove that some of the sentiments aren't true and more importantly you've immediately admitted as much, maybe find information that is fail safe and go with that?

I'm all for protest, we all are entitled to protest as a basic human right... but protests should be valid and confirm hard ship and / or injustices and prove to be a worth while fight, when arguments are put forward and proven to be BS don't go getting into a temper tantrum at another poster for proving them to be so, your anger should be with the person pushing that b*llicks as it weakens foundations of the protest.

Keefy18

Yeah but that wont last and the renewal of the sponsors wont be anywhere near the amounts paid today if the fans stop buying merch.
Merchandise purchases won't stop due to the market in Asia, the vacuum that stuff up over there :lol:

Their gold mine is TV revenue as it is for many clubs now. Stadiums could be empty and they still make profits its crazy but true.

Paxi

What I take issue with is the fact lies and / or half truths are used for the foundation of the protest. If you want people to believe and follow the movement then it'd be in supporters best interests to push sentiments that can't be picked apart.

Instead of attacking me cause I dared fecking prove that some of the sentiments aren't true and more importantly you've immediately admitted as much, maybe find information that is fail safe and go with that?

I'm all for protest, we all are entitled to protest as a basic human right... but protests should be valid and confirm hard ship and / or injustices and prove to be a worth while fight, when arguments are put forward and proven to be BS don't go getting into a temper tantrum at another poster for proving them to be so, your anger should be with the person pushing that b*llicks as it weakens foundations of the protest.
Why are you concentrating on these ‘half truths’ that you speak of when the overall point of the post is completely true. They have had a leveraged buyout and woefully mismanaged us since Sir Alex left. Has it ever occurred to you that it was Sir Alex who held this shitshow together? You attribute nearly 5 league wins in a row to their stewardship but the post actually makes a valid point about having Rooney Ronaldo and Sir Alex.

Marcelinho87

I'm sorry where's your proof? All I read was you believe? Also known as an assumption.

Moriarty

Merchandise purchases won't stop due to the market in Asia, the vacuum that stuff up over there
They also manufacture tons of bootleg kit that sells for way less than the official merchandise. I remember a trip to Bangkok back in the mid-nineties and seeing rack after rack of hooky football shirts for sale on Khao San Road. It's not only United stuff but any big team you care to mention. Pre-1997 Stanley Market in Hong Kong was a great place to buy counterfeit stuff. I bought a pair of 'Levis 501s' there over thirty years ago, and they're still in good nick.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
If this protest is seriously based around love for the club, is it too far-fetched to expect a fan group to finance the distribution of free Anti-Glazer merchandise on matchdays?

I supect that won't be happening and a lot of money is going to be made via the sale of green and gold scarves and Anti-Glazer t-shirts outside Old Trafford next season.

Keefy18

Why are you concentrating on these ‘half truths’ that you speak of when the overall point of the post is completely true. They have had a leveraged buyout and woefully mismanaged us since Sir Alex left. Has it ever occurred to you that it was Sir Alex who held this shitshow together. You attribute nearly 5 league wins in a row to their stewardship but the post actually makes a valid point about having Rooney Ronaldo and Sir Alex.
All depends really on how you view it, the interest rates have been lowered due to the direct investment of the glazer family. Rather than reply that "I must be Ed Woodward", read up on it. They have a "vested interest" if you will cause they've parted with funds themselves but that isn't told in the protest agenda.

The overall interest payments is a considerable sum but its not damaging the club as we can clearly see from player investment in the post Fergie era, we repeatedly spend vast sums of money.

The debt everyone bangs on about is again a narrative spun that this is exclusive to United and damaging us, its not. We have cash reserves and assets that effectively write that off.

Leveraged buy outs are completely common place within business, its not something that is again exclusive to United.

Chances are extremely likely that if we had new owners something similar would happen again with a leveraged buyout or in City's case a sneaky cooking of the bookings in terms of "deferred payments".

I'm sorry where's your proof? All I read was you believe? Also known as an assumption.
Read the previous page, I've already upset you cause you couldn't dare have a person offer up proof of things not being true like the narrative that dividends are only paid by United and cherry picking stuff about season ticket prices but ignoring the fact an 8 year price freeze has happened.

Marcelinho87

If this protest is seriously based around love for the club, is it too far-fetched to expect a fan group to finance the distribution of free Anti-Glazer merchandise on matchdays?

I supect that won't be happening and a lot of money is going to be made via the sale of green and gold scarves and Anti-Glazer t-shirts outside Old Trafford next season.
Would be ideal but who is going to suck up the cost? Nobody would do it for free.

Paxi

All depends really on how you view it, the interest rates have been lowered due to the direct investment of the glazer family. Rather than reply that "I must be Ed Woodward", read up on it. They have a "vested interest" if you will cause they've parted with funds themselves but that isn't told in the protest agenda.

The overall interest payments is a considerable sum but its not damaging the club as we can clearly see from player investment in the post Fergie era, we repeatedly spend vast sums of money.

The debt everyone bangs on about is again a narrative spun that this is exclusive to United and damaging us, its not. We have cash reserves and assets that effectively write that off.

Leveraged buy outs are completely common place within business, its not something that is again exclusive to United.

Chances are extremely likely that if we had new owners something similar would happen again with a leveraged buyout or in City's case a sneaky cooking of the bookings in terms of "deferred payments".

Read the previous page, I've already upset you cause you couldn't dare have a person offer up proof of things not being true like the narrative that dividends are only paid by United and cherry picking stuff about season ticket prices but ignoring the fact an 8 year price freeze has happened.
Again you keep saying that they lowered the interest rate as if it’s a positive. It’s like me contracting STD on purpose and then going to Boots to get a plaster for my bollocks. Do you not see that we should have never been bought out in such manner?

Marcelinho87

I have read it there is no proof...

Paxi

If the Glazers are looking to sell like some people think, then why don’t they float the whole club on the stock market?
Is it because they’ve no guarantee how much exactly they will get due to volatility?

Keefy18

Again you keep saying that they lowered the interest rate as if it’s a positive. It’s like me contracting STD on purpose and then going to Boots to get a plaster for my bollocks. Do you not see that we should have never been bought out?
Hang on, you can't have it both ways.

You moan that they invest nothing, which is a lie, they have put money into the club - here you go...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/nov/15/manchester-united-glazer-pik-loan

Then complain when they do? Seriously?

The money they put in was to clear the worst of the PIK loans that were damaging to the clubs ability to create profit. They cleared those PIK Loans and in turn it lowered our interest payments.

If folks want to protest go for it, at least protest valid points though! :lol:

Fluctuation0161

Take your pick really...

I'll give one such example, the image below is doing the rounds on social media.

It's information from a decade ago for a start, but that doesn't mean its completely wrong. It's a half truth at best ( As per the Redcafe link I've also posted)...

Ticket prices rose approx 40% not 50% as the poster states and if they added some color to it as well it'd explain a lot. ALL ticket prices for ALL clubs increased in that time frame, however United still had some of the cheapest season tickets in the premier league.

But if they are going to cherry pick some stats from a decade ago and then pick others more recently, well you can also add that the owners have now rolled out an 8 year price freeze on ticket prices (As per the Sky link).

If folks bothered their arses doing quick google searches and learning for themselves instead of taking everything that's on the internet at face value we'd have a far more intelligent bunch of supporters ;)

This is before we get into the narrative that its only United pay dividends, we do not! City pay dividends also! But to read and listen to the anti Glazer sort we are apparently the only club that does this and the only club with debt, BULL!

City are currently sitting on £300m worth of debt in the form of deferred payments which have to be paid within the next year.

Like I say, take your pick......

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-season-ticket-prices-for-eighth-year-running

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-ticket-prices-thread.330330/

If that is you "taking your pick" of inaccuracies then you have chosen poorly.

Keefy18

I have read it there is no proof...
Specifically what was untrue that I posted?

I gave specific links that disprove the notion that ticket prices were increased 50%, they weren't. I gave evidence of a ticket price freeze the last 8 years...

As for Dividends, City pay them. They also sold 200m worth of shares recently hasn't been put back into the squad as of yet and as per the pic below, £312m of deferred payments due within the year.

Yeah, zero proof...

Paxi

Hang on, you can't have it both ways.

You moan that they invest nothing, which is a lie, they have put money into the club - here you go...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/nov/15/manchester-united-glazer-pik-loan

Then complain when they do? Seriously?

The money they put in was to clear the worst of the PIK loans that were damaging to the clubs ability to create profit. They cleared those PIK Loans and in turn it lowered our interest payments.

If folks want to protest go for it, at least protest valid points though! :lol:
I’m saying that they got our club into a corner where we had clear PIK’s etc. That’s not investing back into the club in my opinion. It’s not as is they bought the club that was already in dire straights? Let’s just agree to disagree cause it’s going nowhere as I’m not going to change my stance that the Glazers are root of our problem and that the post in question has a point.

fergies coat

It’s infuriating that the government put a block on Rupert Murdoch buying us, but it was fine for the Glazers to saddle us in £100s millions of debt.

Decaying stadium, sub par squad, the future doesn’t look too bright does it.

To make things even worse Liverpool and City look set to dominate. Things change quickly in football.

Fluctuation0161

I think its suspicious that any Manchester United fan would waste energy defending the Glazers at this point.

Their only saving grace is that they are not human rights abusers. Other than that they are the worst kind of owners for our football club.

Paxi

It’s infuriating that the government put a block on Rupert Murdoch buying us, but it was fine for the Glazers to saddle us in £100s millions of debt.

Decaying stadium, sub par squad, the future doesn’t look too bright does it.

To make things even worse Liverpool and City look set to dominate. Things change quickly in football.
It’s okay though, mate — the Glazers got the interest lowered or something. So that’s good.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I have been reading condescending posts defending the Glazers for more than ten years now. And yet, United have been getting worse than worse during this period, yet it somehow has nothing to do with the owners.

Keefy18

If that is you "taking your pick" of inaccuracies then you have chosen poorly.
Far from it, but feel free to dissect the information I've posted and prove otherwise.

What I've posted is matter of fact.

The anti glazer sort might not like reading it as is evident judging by the replies I'm getting but it doesn't make it any less true.

I’m saying that they got our club into a corner where we had clear PIK’s etc. That’s not investing back into the club in my opinion. It’s not as is they bought the club that was already in dire straights? Let’s just agree to disagree cause it’s going nowhere as I’m not going to change my stance that the Glazers are root of our problem and that the post in question has a point.
Well you don't get to decide what is and what isn't investment cause in reality it is investment. It cleared debt that was crippling the clubs ability to invest in the team and they cleared it and in turn since it has allowed to club to invest in players again in the post Ferguson era on the back of its sustainability.

Yeah them lousy Glazers, sure we only won how many leagues and cups with them as owners with Fergie there?

The minute a manager starts winning again then this will again all vanish exactly like it done with the stupid green and gold protests a decade or so back.

Paxi

Far from it, but feel free to dissect the information I've posted and prove otherwise.

What I've posted is matter of fact.

The anti glazer sort might not like reading it as is evident judging by the replies I'm getting but it doesn't make it any less true.

Well you don't get to decide what is and what isn't investment cause in reality it is investment. It cleared debt that was crippling the clubs ability to invest in the team and they cleared it and in turn since it has allowed to club to invest in players again in the post Ferguson era on the back of its sustainability.

Yeah them lousy Glazers, sure we only won how many leagues and cups with them as owners with Fergie there?

The minute a manager starts winning again then this will again all vanish exactly like it done with the stupid green and gold protests a decade or so back.

I don’t know what to say to this...

red thru&thru

Glazer's should be out. F the figures. It's clear to see that the club is badly run. How can we have fallen from grace so badly?

The Glazer's have planned poorly and no real investment in the stadium.

Keefy18

I don’t know what to say to this...
I'm not surprised you don't come across as very bright tbh.

Your heads spinning and your back tracking and admitted the previous page that the protests aren't entirely true and could be full of half truths.

Do you even understand the term "investment"?

Paxi

I'm not surprised you don't come across as very bright tbh.

Your heads spinning and your back tracking and admitted the previous page that the protests aren't entirely true and could be full of half truths.

Do you even understand the term "investment"?
Yes, my head is spinning that you’re trying to make that last bolded part of your post into a positive. :houllier:

Keefy18

I wouldn't bother the bloke must be Woodward or one of the glazers as I can't see one positive from them owing the club.
3rd time saying it, standard reply.

Maybe try discuss / debate the points I've made?

Like I originally said, a twitter trend won't do feck all and what makes it worse is its fell of stupidity, bare faced lies and half truths.

Keefy18

Yes, my head is spinning that you’re trying to make that last bolded part of your post into a positive. :houllier:
Simple question cause I know I've to really gotta dumb it down for you clearly....... would you prefer those damaging loans still be hanging over the club?

I take it you don't cause you take issue as is with the debt as is, right?

Paxi

Simple question cause I know I've to really gotta dumb it down for you clearly....... would you prefer those damaging loans still be hanging over the club?

I take it you don't cause you take issue as is with the debt as is, right?
Why were those damaging loans there in the first place? Christ I’m out. I’m not replying anymore.

VP

People who defend the Glazer's are pretty disgusting.

Paxi

A business term called... a leveraged buyout. https://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/leveragedbuyout.asp

Standard business practice carried out globally.

City have done similar and cooked their books but lets ignore that and run with the narrative its exclusive to United and the woe is me attitude yeah?
If you can’t grasp that fans were pretty fecking upset with the leveraged buy out and still are, whether it’s a standard business practice or not, then there is no point in further debating this topic with you.

Keefy18

If you can’t grasp that fans were pretty fecking upset with the leveraged buy out and still are, whether it’s a standard business practice or not, then there is no point in further debating this topic with you.
So you expected the club to be bought out to the tune of £800m, immediate squad investment constantly to the tune of billions, then throw a few more billion at upgrading OT. Sure then throw another billion at facilities and feck knows what else...

Newsflash sunshine, that ain't happening....... WITH ANY OWNERS!

They will lump debt on the club even if the Glazers decide to sell.

There's this notion that City's Oil Rich owners are heaven sent and putting themselves into homelessness for City's greater good... Feck me its incredibly dumb and naive to think that's the case or will happen to us with new owners.

It's not going to happen.

New owners will still want a return on investment just like EVERY club owner...EVERY! It's business to ALL them!