#GlazersOut

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I think it's hard to do anything until the window closes. That'll show where we are.
Does Pogba go? Does Lukaku go? Does De Gea go?
Do we replace these players? Do we spend enough on improving the side, considering how obvious it is needed?
Do all these promises Ed Woodward always bangs on about come true? 100m left over from last year for a defender.
Theres no excuses, but until the window closes we can't really know what will happen, but when it closes, it's gonna show the real ambition of this club. From there as fans, we need to act. Problem is, season tickets are already sold out. Match tickets will be gone instantly. Everything will look fine. Sell out crowds etc...

edgar allan

Because they have "sweated the asset" for some time now. When doing this and things starts to go a certain way... It does not get better. Better to sell now, than sell for pennies later.
The club is worth many times more than the 200 million loan that they paid to buy us.
They have a money tree to shake with no risk or financial commitment....they will not be going anywhere for a long time irrespective of on the pitch performances.

Fosu-Mens

The club is worth many times more than the 200 million loan that they paid to buy us.
They have a money tree to shake with no risk or financial commitment....they will not be going anywhere for a long time irrespective of on the pitch performances.
If they want as much money as possible from a sale, then they should sell now. Only way the club becomes more valuable is for the new EPL and CL-TV deals to increases considerably in value or we suddenly start to do the right things footballwise (highly unlikely with the current structure).
Personally i share your viewpoint, but if they wanted as much £££ then they should sell now.

edgar allan

If they want as much money as possible from a sale, then they should sell now. Only way the club becomes more valuable is for the new EPL and CL-TV deals to increases considerably in value or we suddenly start to do the right things footballwise (highly unlikely with the current structure).
Personally i share your viewpoint, but if they wanted as much £££ then they should sell now.
Only Saudi oil money could afford to pay our current worth....they have already got a team across the City

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Perhaps the U S fans could start protesting outside the three siblings homes that don't have anything to do with Utd. That might be pressure that they don't like
No. Needs to not stray over the edge. Do it in the place where commercial interests are involved.

Red00012

I am not sure why we are complaining about Glazers.

In last 5 years our net spend is 550£ millions just few millions less than city and we were the second biggest spenders. If our managers made wrong decisions in the transfer market why we blame the owners? I never heard they are forcing any players on managers or bring in any -ve publicity to the club. They seem to be very quite bunch of brothers. We were very unfortunate that we picked LVG, Jose who past it.

If they spend very less or dont back the transfers I understand but its not the case so why all this hate?
Check what the glaziers have taken out maybe, that money could have been spent on renovating OT.
Also we’re spending what we’ve earned not what they have invested.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Imagine 1000’s of these at OT? I really feel like it’s going to come to a head and the protests are going to be massive come September, October.

Look at our sponsors accounts on twitter etc. Every post is filled with anti Glazer slogans. It’s great to see.

Again, it's a shame that I have to make comparisons to Manchester City, a club run for the good of football and not greed, but City's owners have invested a considerable amount into their facilities - including £200m for the build of the Etihad Campus.
:lol:

The line alone ruins the entire fecking article.

Velvet Revolver

I think it's hard to do anything until the window closes. That'll show where we are.
Do we replace these players? Do we spend enough on improving the side, considering how obvious it is needed?
Do all these promises Ed Woodward always bangs on about come true? 100m left over from last year for a defender.
Theres no excuses, but until the window closes we can't really know what will happen, but when it closes, it's gonna show the real ambition of this club. From there as fans, we need to act. Problem is, season tickets are already sold out. Match tickets will be gone instantly. Everything will look fine. Sell out crowds etc...
I think regardless of what happens with the management. I hope Ole has a plan and tactic in place for football related stuff.

Lennon

Regardless what will happen in matters of tranfsers ... these parasites have to go!

Darlington Padgett

Imagine 1000’s of these at OT? I really feel like it’s going to come to a head and the protests are going to be massive come September, October.

Look at our sponsors accounts on twitter etc. Every post is filled with anti Glazer slogans. It’s great to see.
I just saw that, every single post from our sponsors is filled with #GlazersOut. That might have an impact because it looks negative for the sponsors.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
This was interesting.
For those who feel that we have spent a lot of money...IMO, we haven't spent enough and certainly not in line with other top clubs.
We are penny pinching and trying to save money, so that the money can be siphoned off into the the Glazers' pockets, in the form of dividends. And Woodward is the man who makes it all happen.

nameischarles

Some of the comments are funny on Twitter and clearly, some of the sponsor's mods are doing some clean up as there are a lot of unavailable tweets showing. This is good!

DoomSlayer

Brilliant. Best and most thorough analysis I have seen, obligatory reading for the good and true on the Caf (most of us), and the shills and trolls and clueless commentators, as well. Love to all.
That article really should be made into a new thread so fans can discuss the content. Everything written in it is basically all the suspicions and fears I've been having in the last few years, but based on hard-hitting facts.

I see some posters totally disregarding it without actually disproving any of the arguments in it, which shows how simplistic some people view the Glazers - "we have spend almost as much as City on transfers and we have one of the top 3-4 highest wage bills". As if that was the root of the problem in all this. :rolleyes:

There have been people that warned us how all this might happen even in the initial years of the takeover. But the fanbase was blinded by the success on the pitch and the genius of Sir Alex covered up all this happening behind the scenes.

Keefy18

One of the most embarrassing situations to happen to the club in a long time this Glazer out b*llicks!!

Some of the sentiments aren't even true, at best they are half true.

Every bit as bad or worse than paying for planes to fly over Old Trafford :rolleyes:

Paxi

One of the most embarrassing situations to happen to the club in a long time this Glazer out b*llicks!!

Every bit as bad or worse than paying for planes to fly over Old Trafford :rolleyes:
Which of the sentiments aren’t true if you don’t mind my asking?

Woodzy

:lol:

The line alone ruins the entire fecking article.
I think it's just poorly worded. What's happened at City is a joke and definitely not something that has benefited football as a whole, but I guess what the article is more trying to point out is that everything that happens at City is for the benefit of the club on the pitch and it's success competitively. Easy to do when you have a bottomless pit of a cash, but still a valid point.

Denis' cuff

Beyond clueless.

Until these parasites are purged from the club we well never compete at the top level. We are Spurs of the last countless decades. As Mourinho said, he was the coach, not the manager. Woodward is the manager and that is a big problem.

Keefy18

Which of the sentiments aren’t true if you don’t mind my asking?
Take your pick really...

I'll give one such example, the image below is doing the rounds on social media.

It's information from a decade ago for a start, but that doesn't mean its completely wrong. It's a half truth at best ( As per the Redcafe link I've also posted)...

Ticket prices rose approx 40% not 50% as the poster states and if they added some color to it as well it'd explain a lot. ALL ticket prices for ALL clubs increased in that time frame, however United still had some of the cheapest season tickets in the premier league.

But if they are going to cherry pick some stats from a decade ago and then pick others more recently, well you can also add that the owners have now rolled out an 8 year price freeze on ticket prices (As per the Sky link).

If folks bothered their arses doing quick google searches and learning for themselves instead of taking everything that's on the internet at face value we'd have a far more intelligent bunch of supporters ;)

This is before we get into the narrative that its only United pay dividends, we do not! City pay dividends also! But to read and listen to the anti Glazer sort we are apparently the only club that does this and the only club with debt, BULL!

City are currently sitting on £300m worth of debt in the form of deferred payments which have to be paid within the next year.

Like I say, take your pick......

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-season-ticket-prices-for-eighth-year-running

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-ticket-prices-thread.330330/

Marcelinho87

Found the Liverpool fan.

The Hafez guy on twitter works for the state media I believe, he has been re-tweeting these anti glazer things since yesterday from what I saw.

Keefy18

Beyond clueless.

Until these parasites are purged from the club we well never compete at the top level. We are Spurs of the last countless decades. As Mourinho said, he was the coach, not the manager. Woodward is the manager and that is a big problem.
Except we already did, we were 1 point shy of winning 5 leagues on the bounce with the very same owners and you say I'm beyond clueless :houllier::lol:

Wonderful narrative, keep believing the spin from thicko twitter trolls as your source of information instead of educating yourself on the topic.

You know what they say, if its online well it must be true.

Marcelinho87

Take your pick really...

I'll give one such example, the image below is doing the rounds on social media.

It's information from a decade ago for a start, but that doesn't mean its completely wrong. It's a half truth at best ( As per the Redcafe link I've also posted)...

Ticket prices rose approx 40% not 50% as the poster states and if they added some color to it as well it'd explain a lot. ALL ticket prices for ALL clubs increased in that time frame, however United still had some of the cheapest season tickets in the premier league.

But if they are going to cherry pick some stats from a decade ago and then pick others more recently, well you can also add that the owners have now rolled out an 8 year price freeze on ticket prices (As per the Sky link).

If folks bothered their arses doing quick google searches and learning for themselves instead of taking everything that's on the internet at face value we'd have a far more intelligent bunch of supporters ;)

This is before we get into the narrative that its only United pay dividends, we do not! City pay dividends also! But to read and listen to the anti Glazer sort we are apparently the only club that does this and the only club with debt, BULL!

City are currently sitting on £300m worth of debt in the form of deferred payments which have to be paid within the next year.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-season-ticket-prices-for-eighth-year-running

None of this would be an issue if they would re-invest into the club, they don't

City and whoever else at least pump money INTO the club, the Glazers invest zilch.

Keefy18

Found the Liverpool fan.

The Hafez guy on twitter works for the state media I believe, he has been re-tweeting these anti glazer things since yesterday from what I saw.
Wonderfully mature reply.

When arguments are blown apart just resort to child like replies... standard really at this point.

Marcelinho87

Except we already did, we were 1 point shy of winning 5 leagues on the bounce with the very same owners and you say I'm beyond clueless :houllier::lol:

Wonderful narrative, keep believing the spin from thicko twitter trolls as your source of information instead of educating yourself on the topic.

You know what they say, if its online well it must be true.
When did we win 4??

Paxi

Take your pick really...

I think overall, the post is sound and it conveys well that Glazers are cnuts. Listen if the half truths are getting peddled about and it gets the the feck out of the club quicker then I’m all for it.

Keefy18

None of this would be an issue if they would re-invest into the club, they don't

City and whoever else at least pump money INTO the club, the Glazers invest zilch.
Again do your homework.

They have invested at the point of take over. The majority was indeed against the clubs own assets but they also invested their own funds / assets so they have risk also.

Feel free to read up on the fact that they also paid to clear numerous tranches of debt in 2010 I believe it was from their own pocket, bringing the bulk of the interest payments and we've not paid as much since on those interest payments.

But yeah, "Zilch".

Keefy18

I think overall, the post is sound and it conveys well that Glazers are cnuts. Listen if the half truths are getting peddled about and it gets the the feck out of the club quicker then I’m all for it.
Wonderful, admits the protest movement is full of lies but doesn't care :lol::lol:

The point of a protest is that it has a genuine cause FFS! Otherwise its straw man and you'll find it hard to get supporters.

A twitter trend won't do feck all pal, if anything it just lines their pockets further...but go on tell me more :)