#GlazersOut

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Boycotting games doesn't work.

Mlily before banning someone on Twitter wrote "You think tickets pay for wages, lol" in their words

More than half of the PL clubs could turn a profit never having a stadium open, boycotting sponsors and merchandise is the best option, the only one.
History has shown that doesn't work either, it is not a new idea and I don't see why it would be any different this time

As for boycotting matches - 50,000 fans have already paid for their season tickets and there is no way any significant number of them are going to just let those tickets go to waste.

clarkydaz

You can make a difference,bombard your sponsors,all of them constantly day in day out.
Crash there systems .
Same with the banks that credit them find out who they are are and bombard them with emails and calls .
This is a tactic that is Liverpool fans carried out under ill fated Hicks and Gillette era.
All over the world the fans caused chaos with this tactic ....it really worked and turned a lot of powerful companies and creditors against them.
you also had a walkout a few years back over ticketprice hikes didn't you? They responded immediately saying message understood

willhse456

I'm so sure we'll announce at least one signing on Friday to take the steam out of any protest taking place on Saturday.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Difference is our owners are not investing into anything with the debt and the loans, they are just paying tidbits of them off while pocketing the remains themselves.

If they paid some of the loan towards infrastructure etc people would be lessed pissed with them.
That's not really true - the vast majority goes on player's wages, we spent more than anyone bar City in recent times.

Old Trafford could do with some investment to be fair - it has been a while now since the last major works. IIRC a decent wedge was spent on upgrading training facilities a couple of years ago.

Saffron

What their US teams are doing is of little interest to me, especially since they are different sports.
But it is useful to do a comparison of their ownership in England and I don't agree at all with your view that they are that much better. You made out they put their own money to improve Anfield which is simply not true, it's debt and loans just like the Glazers.

Of course they have made better decisions in recruitment recently and that's where the Glazers deserve criticism.

But if you really want to compare then the most important stat is to.look at what we have won since 2005 and even postFergie vs their record which was pitiful until a few weeks ago. Yes they were way ahead of us this season but that's just 1 year - if you are going to compare then at least do it properly rather than just focusing on the short term.
It’s not debt and loans ”just like the Glazers”. FSG took out a loan to invest in infrastructure with a direct benefit to the club. The Glazers took out a much, much bigger loan to do a leveraged takeover. Which we have been paying for ever since and which has given us no benefit whatsoever. Some difference.

If you are completely unwilling to look at the Glazers’ track record with their other ventures, but are more than happy to credit them with our wins from 2005-2013 when we had a CLEAR underinvestment in the squad only held together by SAF’s genius, then I am done with this conversation. You are excercising willful ignorance to make the Glazers look better than they are. Have fun with that.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
It’s not debt and loans ”just like the Glazers”. FSG took out a loan to invest in infrastructure with a direct benefit to the club. The Glazers took out a much, much bigger loan to do a leveraged takeover. Which we have been paying for ever since and which has given us no benefit whatsoever. Some difference.

If you are completely unwilling to look at the Glazers’ track record with their other ventures, but are more than happy to credit them with our wins from 2005-2013 when we had a CLEAR underinvestment in the squad only held together by SAF’s genius, then I am done with this conversation. You are excercising willful ignorance to make the Glazers look better than they are. Have fun with that.
I don't agree that there was any underinvestment - our wage bill has been higher than Liverpool's for years, clearly we are pissing away money on dross but the money is spent nonetheless

And I already said twice that you can even compare us postFergie when we have been mostly crap and we still won more trophies than them!

But I do find it bizarre that you are more interested in comparing baseball Vs NFL rather then looking at what the 2 teams have won under those owners - what better indicator can there be than that?!

Last edited:

sp_107

Are they not spending on players?

* They spent more than half a billion in last few years

Are they interfering in day to day activities?

* NO

Are they forcing any players on managers?

*NO

Are they doing any criminal things to jeopardise club's image?

*NO

But they can do better by placing a proper structure and re-invest money on improving stadium etc.

Make sure what you wish as sometimes we may get pretty bad owners who could be a lot worse than Glazers.

If Glazers/ED managed to lure Klopp or any other better manager to UTD few years back, we might have signed right players and might be calling them the better American owners by this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rood

clarkydaz

I don't agree that there was any underinvestment - our wage bill has been higher than Liverpool's for years, clearly we are pissing away money on dross but the money is spent nonetheless

And I already said twice that you can even compare us postFergie when we have been mostly crap and we still won more trophies than them!
We replaced Ronaldo with Obertan, Valencia and a crocked Michael Owen

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
We replaced Ronaldo with Obertan, Valencia and a crocked Michael Owen
If you think that's bad then imagine selling Hughes, Ince and Kanchelskis and buying no one at all - thank feck we didn't have Twitter in those days!

We won the league and a cup on both occasions

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If you think that's bad then imagine selling Hughes, Ince and Kanchelskis and buying no one at all - thank feck we didn't have Twitter in those days!

We won the league and a cup on both occasions
Signing sneijder and robben instead would have been 100% better though.

DoomSlayer

The Glazers are amazing owners that definitely know how a proper top club with ambition operates. We might not be doing any significant organisational changes now, but next year is our year, right?

Remember, we can do stuff that other clubs can only dream of, football is a thing of the past anyway.

The Irish Connection

The Glazers are amazing owners that definitely know how a proper top club with ambition operates. We might not be doing any significant organisational changes now, but next year is our year, right?

Remember, we can do stuff that other clubs can only dream of, football is a thing of the past anyway.
Haha, quality.

beingshe7don

We can all agree that Fergie left United when he knew that the only way was downhill. #GlazersOut is going to go nowhere. We need a vision and a plan in place of how to get the Glazers out. People still continue to buy merchandise and still continue to go to the games. Don't see how a hashtag causes change. It's ironical but United fans were never united. If so, the Glazers would have been out by now if everyone protested in unison.

croadyman

I'm as keen as anyone to see these parasites removed from the club, but I think the fans also need to carry out a realistic campaign to find the best potential new owners out there. I'm not saying "better the devil you know" but having the wrong owner at this point could send the club in a downward spiral.

What I don't want to see is the Glazers being hounded out and just selling to the first bidder and then we end up potentially having some idiot like Mike Ashley taking over.

I'd also want us to avoid being the plaything of an oppressive regime like one of the Saudi Royal families.

I think that whilst I'd like the whole idea of a Supporters trust etc taking over I'm skeptical it would work in the UK given how the money is distributed from TV deals.

So who could we get / target for a more positive campaign where we ask them to get involved?

We want someone with a large amount of personal wealth so they are not going to want to feed off the club
Someone who doesn't have a massive personal ego that needs massaging
Someone who would respect the culture and traditions of the club
Someone who would have ambitions to make the club the biggest in the world again
Someone who would take a backseat on football matters and get footballing people making key decisions

Any other critieria? Any suggestions who would be right for us? Why don't we ask them to come in and look at United as a massive business opportunity rather than just focusing on the Glazers!
The only person that comes to mind would be Jim Ratcliffe who is supposed to be Britain's richest person, would have suggested Jeff Bezos but unfortunately feel he probably comes under the personal ego which needs massaging kind of owner.

I think realistically our only hope of a takeover one day would be The Saudi's which I know brings up all the human rights issues which is totally understandable because it would give the club a bad name.

Bojan11

Jim Ratcliffe won’t buy us. He’s said apparently we too expensive for him. If Glazers want 3 billion then it’s either a government or corporation that is going to buy is if we are up for sale.

U99ted

True, we’ve won more trophies than them, but they have been close to more trophies (and more significant trophies) than us. Liverpool have won 1 trophy since Sir Alex retired, while being runners up in 5 competitions (2 Premier Leagues, a Champions League, Europa League and League Cup). Manchester United have won 3 trophies, while being runners up in 2 competitions (1 Premier League and FA Cup). Both of their Premier League 2nd place finishes were far more impressive, taking City to the final day, scoring 101 goals in one title challenge, and 97 points in the other. So basically, Liverpool were within 90 minutes of winning 2 Premier Leagues, 2 Champions Leagues, and a Europa League, while we were only in the mix for an extra FA Cup in that time.

I'm not pointing that out to claim "a loss is a win". Rather I think that owners will influence what you are in the mix to compete for (unless bad owners have their incompetence hidden by a GOAT like Sir Alex). It will then be smaller factors not really in the owner's control like slips, players or managers "bottling it", referees, etc, that influence whether you get over the line in title races and cup finals.

oldgrumpyred

No matter your thoughts on this working or not, all it takes is a second or so per day.

Keep this going and let these feckers hear that we want them gone NOW!

If you wanna do extra then I suggest flooding our sponsors with the same message.. the bigger the movement the better the chances.

Come on guys, give it a go!

LUHG #GlazersOut
In all honesty why would they go? Crap season yet season tickets sell out in record time!! Why do they need to make major investment in players when they have the supporters money in the bank already and know that they'll always be someone waiting to take over people's season ticket...

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Boycotting games doesn't work.

Mlily before banning someone on Twitter wrote "You think tickets pay for wages, lol" in their words

More than half of the PL clubs could turn a profit never having a stadium open, boycotting sponsors and merchandise is the best option, the only one.
A full ground is a seal of approval and PR wise, an empty ground would harm the club and the Glazers.

Granted, a boycott against sponsors is something that could have an impact longer term but would need to be properly co ordinated.

Sadly like many things in football (and politics) it requires leadership that can take the protest into the “real world” (off the Internet).

I fail to see any leadership amongst the match going support, it’s currently an un organised rabble and the only people that will probably benefit are the swag men who’ll soon start selling Glazers Out T shirts for £30

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
An empty stadium won't work but a stadium full of angry fans booing, throwing abuse at sponsors and owners would. No one likes to pay money at a struggling club whose fans abuse them week in week out on live tv

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

DomesticTadpole

A full ground is a seal of approval.

A full ground is a seal of approval and PR wise, an empty ground would harm the club and the Glazers.

Granted, a boycott against sponsors is something that could have an impact longer term but would need to be properly co ordinated.

Sadly like many things in football (and politics) it requires leadership that can take the protest into the “real world” (off the Internet).

I fail to see any leadership amongst the match going support, it’s currently an un organised rabble and the only people that will probably benefit are the swag men who’ll soon start selling Glazers Out T shirts for £30
Agree about match going fans they are pretty loyal, but surely the loyalty should be to the club and it's welfare. Everybody buy knock-off shirts, hit Adidas and the sh*t will hit the fan.

Marcus

The last straw would be Liverpool winning the league. That almost happened.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Agree about match going fans they are pretty loyal, but surely the loyalty should be to the club and it's welfare. Everybody buy knock-off shirts, hit Adidas and the sh*t will hit the fan.
It’s not necessarily about loyalty.

I’m just very cynical, this was all discussed to death in 2005 and 2010.

The inevitability of it all is quite sad. The ground will be full on the first game, the pie queues will be busy, the Megastore will be rammed. For Sky et al, it will be business as usual.

IMUSA lead the protests in 98 against Murdoch and succeeded (in rallying the support) because they had a passionate, articulate and most importantly, a match going voice.

The fanzines and Shareholders United tried in vain in 2005. They failed because when it came down to it, people weren’t ar**d enough to boycott a few games, never mind Nike trainers, Vodafone mobiles etc. Just think, these businesses stood firm in 2005 when they had flash mobs and people wrecking their shops. They’ll quite happily do the same, unless of course you can get 600 million (or whatever magical figure Woodward comes up with) fans to never buy a pair of Adidas originals again.

Tweeting a hashtag makes people feel they are doing something, whilst it is something, it is nowhere near enough.

ice-bionic red

Ah this again. But for how long? Firstly I agree with the need for getting the Glazers out but this
‘Campaign’ pops up every so often and dies down again with no effect whatsoever. It actually makes me cringe a little and just makes us look like sore losers.

DomesticTadpole

Ah this again. But for how long? Firstly I agree with the need for getting the Glazers out but this
‘Campaign’ pops up every so often and dies down again with no effect whatsoever. It actually makes me cringe a little and just makes us look like sore losers.
Think this time it depends on results. If results are good people will just forget about it. If they go wrong then it could gather more momentum.

Marcelinho87

In all honesty why would they go? Crap season yet season tickets sell out in record time!! Why do they need to make major investment in players when they have the supporters money in the bank already and know that they'll always be someone waiting to take over people's season ticket...
They forced the sales in record time by bringing the deadline forward, as shady as it can get.

Marcelinho87

Was discussed on talksport anyway and he laid out what is going out of the club to the tune of 1bn while Manchester City have paid IN the same amount.. also claimed Liverpool and City don't pay dividends despite some in here claiming otherwise.

Club is a mess whichever way you look at it but arguing against people trying to at least do something is baffling to me.

Bestietom

Team needs overhaul and stadiums needs upgrading, and they won't put money into either. They have fecked our club up.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I'm also disappointed that the 'old' players don't have the guts to say anything about the Glazers.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Yep. All too true

Roboc7

They forced the sales in record time by bringing the deadline forward, as shady as it can get.
True but fans comply and that ultimately is what the Glazers and other like Kroenke and Ashley know. They can serve up crap and people keeping paying for it. There will be odd blips like Glazers out trending for a day or two but everyone has already handed over their money this season and same will happen again next season.

This is why the Glazers will be here for years to come yet, they’ll only leave when their satisfied they’ve got every last drop.

Rooney24

An empty stadium won't work but a stadium full of angry fans booing, throwing abuse at sponsors and owners would. No one likes to pay money at a struggling club whose fans abuse them week in week out on live tv
Ive always been of the view that things will only really move on this campaign once the atmosphere inside the stadium turns hostile and toxic (I dont mean violent). But i dont see it happening on the other hand.