Gaming God of War: Ragnarok (PS4/PS5)

Moby

Dick
Finished the main story couple of days ago. Really enjoyable and well written. Into the post game stuff. Think I've got around 3 more berserkers to take down which are super fun.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Finished the main story couple of days ago. Really enjoyable and well written. Into the post game stuff. Think I've got around 3 more berserkers to take down which are super fun.
Have you beaten Gna yet? She’s the sole barrier to getting the platinum for me. I’ve had to break off from it to replenish my mental batteries :lol:

Moby

Dick
Have you beaten Gna yet? She’s the sole barrier to getting the platinum for me. I’ve had to break off from it to replenish my mental batteries :lol:
Nope. I have a bunch of post game content still to go. Will probably get to her at the end.

Not sure I'll go for the plat. I did that for the previous one but doing some of the trials and stuff is a bit much. Rather start another game.

Moby

Dick
Have you beaten Gna yet?
I got her in the end, only thanks to the OP relic the berserker king gives you. That stuff is out of an anime. :lol:

But yeah, she was far too quick and strong. But like with Sigrun in previous game, it's the never ending health pool that makes these bosses hard, which is a bit cheesy.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I got her in the end, only thanks to the OP relic the berserker king gives you. That stuff is out of an anime. :lol:

But yeah, she was far too quick and strong. But like with Sigrun in previous game, it's the never ending health pool that makes these bosses hard, which is a bit cheesy.
I doff my hat to you sir.

Agreed with the bottomless health pool. That’s why I got a mard on and quit. I’ll go back and sort her at some stage, but right now I have matters to attend to in White Orchard.

Moby

Dick
I doff my hat to you sir.

Agreed with the bottomless health pool. That’s why I got a mard on and quit. I’ll go back and sort her at some stage, but right now I have matters to attend to in White Orchard.
I died a few time when she had fecking 1 HP. I got cocky and thought lets feck her up with the relic and got hit by that stupid grab attack. At that point I needed a lot of motivation to redo a roughly 5 odd minute long fight. :lol:

Ady87

28 hours in. Think I’m near the end of the game now.

I just gave Heimdall the hands.

I only got my PS5 about 6 weeks ago, my Xbox had been an ornament for 2 years before that after having my son. Not played any other PS franchise game yet but this is truly epic, a bit of a masterpiece even. It reminds me of how invested in the story I was playing the Gears of War franchise which gives me incredible nostalgia. The dynamic between characters and the sarcasm etc

Think I’m going to grab the PS5 version of The Last Of Us when I’ve finished the main story on this.

Moby

Dick
28 hours in. Think I’m near the end of the game now.

I just gave Heimdall the hands.

I only got my PS5 about 6 weeks ago, my Xbox had been an ornament for 2 years before that after having my son. Not played any other PS franchise game yet but this is truly epic, a bit of a masterpiece even. It reminds me of how invested in the story I was playing the Gears of War franchise which gives me incredible nostalgia. The dynamic between characters and the sarcasm etc

Think I’m going to grab the PS5 version of The Last Of Us when I’ve finished the main story on this.
Same for me. Got the ps5 in Jan and this in the bundle. Crazy game.

saik

Free dlc out on Tuesday let's fecking go
Didn't even knew this game was getting a DLC. Haven't went back to it since I finished it. Will definitely give the DLC a go though as I literally have nothing to play on my PS. It's just sitting there collecting dust. :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It’s a free rogue like mode? Or some story too?

Planning to play either this or Cyberpunk during the new year break.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ooh free as well. Looks like a roguelike based on what Mimir says.

amolbhatia50k

You haven't played it yet? You are the biggest fan of this series on this forum. :lol:
Am I? I just like to push back when the push against narrative driven games is a bit excessive. I did absolute adore GoW 2018 and I was gifted Ragnarok some time back but haven’t played it yet. To be fair I always run behind in the gaming cycles so that’s just a conscious decision on my part. Maybe it’ll be the new years break :drool:

Moby

Dick
Am I? I just like to push back when the push against narrative driven games is a bit excessive. I did absolute adore GoW 2018 and I was gifted Ragnarok some time back but haven’t played it yet. To be fair I always run behind in the gaming cycles so that’s just a conscious decision on my part. Maybe it’ll be the new years break :drool:
I remember you rating it in your top 5 or something back when we did the gaming poll.

amolbhatia50k

I remember you rating it in your top 5 or something back when we did the gaming poll.
Can’t recall. Maybe it was among the available choices. I don’t know, I have a top 3 I’m very clear about and can’t separate, and after that there would be 10-15 games I’d have to really think about the order of and GoW would form part of that.

Moby

Dick
Can’t recall. Maybe it was among the available choices. I don’t know, I have a top 3 I’m very clear about and can’t separate, and after that there would be 10-15 games I’d have to really think about the order of and GoW would form part of that.
I may have completely mixed you up with someone else then. :lol: As you were.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This DLC is pretty good, huh. The Legacy Spartan Rage is so cool

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They could’ve easily just made this very basic but of course it feels like a fully fleshed out game mode and story. Wonderful stuff. And all for free.

Last edited:

kps88

They could have easily charged for this and I wouldn't have felt shortchanged at all.

Makes me want to go replay Hades once I'm done.