Gold Cup 2019

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Mexico win. Capped it by missing a completely open goal in the last minute.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Dang, what a match that was. Haiti made that all the more tense with their fighting spirit and that last-gasp chance. In the end, Haiti's poor decision-making and lack of quality held them back.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
86th min 0-0 Mex/Haiti.
Surprising, to me anyway.
In the past I’ve seen Haiti get battered but they’re holding their own here.
Their improvement over the last couple of years has been huge. Few good talents coming through at youth level as well (by their standards).

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Weather delay. US dominating Jamaica, up 1-0 after 16' with multiple missed chances already.

These aren't your Reggae boyz of yesteryear. They look quite amateur out there.

Chekhov

Supports
A wife and three kids
Never a penalty. Mexico is lowkey garbage.
This team is missing Hirving Lozano, Hector Herrera, Jesus Corona, Diego Lainez, Carlos Vela, Javier Hernandez, Marco Fabian, and Miguel Layun--you know, essentially the core of players who were beating Germany a few months ago at the World Cup while your "soccer stars" were at home crying tears on their pillows.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Luis Rodriguez had his head busted open after a collision. He was bleeding badly and needed to be patched up. The Mexican medical staff padded that area with some cloth and used the swim cap to hold it in place.
Thank goodness, thought it was a new fashion statement that was catching on.

ReallyUSA

This team is missing Hirving Lozano, Hector Herrera, Jesus Corona, Diego Lainez, Carlos Vela, Javier Hernandez, Marco Fabian, and Miguel Layun--you know, essentially the core of players who were beating Germany a few months ago at the World Cup while your "soccer stars" were at home crying tears on their pillows.
Trophies matter. We got one in the last 4 while they looked good at WC and got in due to SK doing their job while they didnt.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Bradley's doing all of the defending by himself in that midfield. I'm actually surprised that Bailey hasn't come inside to exploit that more, particularly from the right. He might need to play on the left to be at his best.

This Jamaican team's so poor going forward that the U.S. are getting away with their defensively weaker performance. Long and Miazga have done well to defend crosses in the box, but for the most, Jamaica have lacked quality in their chance creation.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well, I say all of that, and in comes Tim Ream to help Bailey put in a cross with his weaker foot. The whole U.S. team relaxed and lost their concentration, and they need to wake up and refocus.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Roldan's way too deep, leaving the U.S. with no outlet on the right. Pulisic might need to drift out there to offer the U.S. an outlet on the counter.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Once again, Andre Blake's save goes right to Pulisic. Also, that goal only happened because Pulisic finally drifted to the right and brought Hector away from the middle.

Red-Jeff

We looked pretty good for a large part of the game, definitely had a poor spell after the delay. If we play like we started the game on Sunday we will win.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
That's possibly true. The US might have ran Jamaica off the pitch in the first half as was the tempo from the opening minute. The weather delay took both teams out of rhythm. The US appeared to lose steam/back off in the second half and almost gave it away.

Mexico hasn't looked top tier this tournament and if the US can put in that tempo from the off they could take a quick lead. Problem is the US often start to sit back against the Mexicans inviting pressure and possession against. It has worked in the past but I'm not sold on this collection of players putting in the required work to hold out.

This is perhaps the worst Gold Cup I can recall in terms of overall performance. Rather weak tournament this year. Might be why the minnows have put in good performances this time around, that or perhaps closing the gap somewhat.

Red-Jeff

That's possibly true. The US might have ran Jamaica off the pitch in the first half as was the tempo from the opening minute. The weather delay took both teams out of rhythm. The US appeared to lose steam/back off in the second half and almost gave it away.

Mexico hasn't looked top tier this tournament and if the US can put in that tempo from the off they could take a quick lead. Problem is the US often start to sit back against the Mexicans inviting pressure and possession against. It has worked in the past but I'm not sold on this collection of players putting in the required work to hold out.

This is perhaps the worst Gold Cup I can recall in terms of overall performance. Rather weak tournament this year. Might be why the minnows have put in good performances this time around, that or perhaps closing the gap somewhat.
Yeah we backed off a little, even so we were creating good chances. Jamaica is never an easy one for us I feel like.

I really hope we don’t sit back. We have a bunch of young and energetic players, we need to go for it from the start. Fortunately for us Mexico is missing a lot of very good players this tournament, I think we have a pretty good shot.

I can’t speak as much for the other teams but I think this US team is a really young one with a lot of room to grow. We have given up one goal all tournament and have a very solid foundation it seems. I’m pretty excited about US soccer for the first time in a long time, I think we have some good potential and are slowly heading in the right direction.