Golf 2019

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Don’t give a feck about golf but watched him win.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
God he must feel great at the moment.
Ah, knobheads talking shit. Always great when they get proven wrong :lol: I don't have volume ATM but I can't just tell some of these are shouting at the top of their lungs in a screechy voice and expecting a "woohoo" from their followers. Knobs.

Edit: it's fake? As in they actually said that about tiger, but that isn't actually the video he was watching?

Or quotes fake too.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ah, knobheads talking shit. Always great when they get proven wrong :lol: I don't have volume ATM but I can't just tell some of these are shouting at the top of their lungs in a screechy voice and expecting a "woohoo" from their followers. Knobs.

Edit: it's fake? As in they actually said that about tiger, but that isn't actually the video he was watching?

Or quotes fake too.
He’s actually watching a video of players saying how great he is.

SteveW

Tiger won the Masters. I shot under par last week. :cool:

It feels like the 2000s again. All is right with the golfing world.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So odd to see the PGA Championship course look this green & verdant. I am so used to seeing the courses in the PGA rota always having a little brown around the edges & a bit skint on the greens due to it historically being played during the dog days of summer.

Bethpage Black will play a tad longer than other past PGA Championship courses due to this, especially if there is any rain or little wind. It is already a brute of a course.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
been watching a few videos on BB.... feck that shit. Im fecking rubbish at golf and this course makes very good golfers look fecking rubbish.

I reckon Tiger will barely touch the big stick this weekend. His driving accuracy is horrendous.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
been watching a few videos on BB.... feck that shit. Im fecking rubbish at golf and this course makes very good golfers look fecking rubbish.

I reckon Tiger will barely touch the big stick this weekend. His driving accuracy is horrendous.
No way around not hitting the driver on that course. BB is a course that benefits the 300+ yard driver & it will be a long hitter that wins this week. The course will play a fair bit harder than we have ever seen it due to the PGA being in May, another reason necessitating hitting driver.

One plus for being a very long hitter on a course like BB is that the average approach shot out of the rough will be considerably closer to the green than those of mere mortals. A shorter club (albeit bent stronger in loft like every pro’s is) out of the rough will allow them more confidence & ability out of the rough. In some ways, this course will play similar to ‘normal’ PGA stops, events which are often won by bomb & gouge pros who can play shorter, higher racing shots into the greens. Toss in a wetter than normal major course, it further skews towards the über-long. What will be fun to watch is if there is constant wind of at least ten miles / hour which is what is forecast.

That said, Koepka will win a bit comfortably.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Anyone see Koepka's arrogant interview. As he beat the field in his head :lol:

Admirable to a degree

And Tiger taking a (fun) shot at Daly.

Good weekend ahead.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Quite the round by Koepka, can’t seeing him repeating it tomorrow afternoon when the course will be more dry & the balls will be running out a bit more.

Amazing to hear him say that he could have gone deeper than 7 under. I thought that was a bit braggadocio, but then Tiger said that 63 was the highest score Koepka could have shot today.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No idea why people expected woods to be good.

This course lends itself to accurate driving. He might lead the field in greens in regulation at Augusta, but he was 70th on fairways off the tee.
That’s actually horrific for Augusta National with the width of the fairways. They have introduced rough there in the last twenty years, but it is never thick.

A couple under par will be what he ends Sunday with if he even makes the cut.

Dyslexic Untied

Although I admire Koepka’s achievements, I find him just so boring to watch.

Last edited:

Ainu

Koepka is just too good at the moment. He'll take some beating. Good to see Fleetwood up there as well.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Moving the PGA to May takes it out of Tiger’s probable major wins going forward. I can only see Tiger winning at Augusta & the British Open going forward. The Us Open & the newly-moved PGA will continue to put an emphasis on the driver & have rough grass types that won’t be favorable to scrambling.

If there is a late spring at an upcoming PGA location, that may help Tiger a bit with potentially partially dormant primary rough grasses, but, at any location like BB with similar climate, a course that can get pushed to 7400+ yards will be a huge challenge for him.

Tarrou

I'm on Fleetwood this week, nice easy spelling

Backing Shuffle or whatever his name is was too difficult last time

mariachi-19

Tiger misses the cut. Not unexpected considering he played no golf leading into this one. Perhaps he needs to take a lead out of Federers book and pick and choose his majors too. Seems he only played this weekend simply on the minute chance he could have a run at it and this really isn’t a course that benefits his new found styles

freeurmind

weak willed
Tiger misses the cut. Not unexpected considering he played no golf leading into this one. Perhaps he needs to take a lead out of Federers book and pick and choose his majors too. Seems he only played this weekend simply on the minute chance he could have a run at it and this really isn’t a course that benefits his new found styles
I've heard better excuses when people are late for work. The Masters was a fluke.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yep, I could see him beating Jack’s record but most likely only with victories at The Masters & the Open Championship.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I've heard better excuses when people are late for work. The Masters was a fluke.
Have to disagree, that course is set up for him just like it was Nicklaus, they both were faders of the ball that could turn over driver / tee shots when needed as the majority of the doglegs are right to left & the straight holes can be played a bit better from the left side of their fairways.

Even after ‘Tiger-proofing,’ the course still will afford him the most chances to win there. I am no Tiger fan at all, but even my distaste for him can’t sully his recent victory there.

It is a course that also will be in the wheelhouse of Koepka if he can learn to hit controlled draw with his tee shots.

mariachi-19

Yep, I could see him beating Jack’s record but most likely only with victories at The Masters & the Open Championship.
Watch his stroke play today. He was let down by his driving and putting but it approach play and mid iron was as good as anybody. He might have got away with a a decent finish this week if his putting had been on form.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Watch his stroke play today. He was let down by his driving and putting but it approach play and mid iron was as good as anybody. He might have got away with a a decent finish this week if his putting had been on form.
To me, it going to be his driver / tee shots off of non-par 3s that will ultimately dictate if he surpassed 18 majors. He can still be a bit wild at Augusta & score, he can also take the 300+ yard drives out of his bag in the UK & get creative, hit his stingers, stay within himself & only swing at 85% on tee shots, just a ‘through the motion’ swing. He is utilizing what I feel is his best swing of the four he has had since coming onto the tour (he doesn’t get stuck as much, he isn’t compressing his spine as much, his head isn’t dipping as much) & this swing can work in shitty weather or on the wide open spaces of Augusta National. The first cut of rough at BB is higher & more penal than the deepest ‘rough’ at Augusta even today.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Didn't he also win the Tour Championship and finish second in the PGA last year? Only three back at the 2018 Open too. Seems less likely these are a series of flukes than that time, injury and rustiness seems to have left him too inaccurate with his long drives to be competitive on a course designed to specifically punish folk who are inaccurate with their long drives.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Koepka is incredible at the moment. Hard to see him being stopped from here.

To those saying Tiger can’t win a PGA or a US Open, I wouldn’t write him off for the US Open this year. Pebble beach is a course that the big hitters can’t over power and tigers iron play will give him a great chance I reckon.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

To those saying Tiger can’t win a PGA or a US Open, I wouldn’t write him off for the US Open this year. Pebble beach is a course that the big hitters can’t over power and tigers iron play will give him a great chance I reckon.
You are right, Pebble could be good to him, especially since he understands the course & the grass type in the greens, poa annua, which can be confounding. It’s also a course that will take the driver out of his hand. Torrey Pines hosts the US Open two years after & the same argument for Tiger holds there. Don’t see any other course in the rota for the next 10+ years that fits well for him.

The PGA Championship plays a couple of new courses in the next few years, TPC Harding Park & Trump’s NJ course, where he could have an outside shot (as well as Valhalla a couple of years after), but this tournament will not consistently give up the absurdly low scores for the top ten finishers as it has in recent years (20 under won it one year) due to the set up being more like the US Open & less like the St. Jude’s Invitational. The PGA Championship being rescheduled to May will offer up more tracks with thicker rough, tighter landing areas, & bent grass greens while the August PGA had the opposite.

We could see Koepka get to 20 under this week, if so, his should be looked at similarly to Tiger’s US Open win in 2000. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him win anywhere from 10 to 14 under, though, as the course should finally toughen up & not be so soft in the fairways.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Yep. Beth Page is a brutal piece of exercise in comparison.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
How are some of these still allowed to use the broomhandle putters? I thought they were supposed to be banned by now.