Golf 2021

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Aside from a few minutes with the leaders on 16, that was a boring Sunday. But Matsuyama won't care. A super performance by him. Caught fire for a few holes on Saturday evening and that was enough to separate him from the pack and he never looked back.

Tarrou

USGPA 2021 this week

I've not been following events recently but Rory's leading the betting, and I'll be quite happy to fade him

What's everyone on? DJ looks appealing at a much longer price than usual

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
If the wind cranks up in the slightest, we could see carnage.

7800+ yards at sea level next to an ocean.

It could be glorious.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Bryson used a PW from 197 yards downwind.

Then he used a 5 iron from 214 yards into the wind.

It’s a tad gusty.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I took Fowler, Koepka, Mickelson, Horsfield, Kitayama, Rozner, Bryson, stenson all to miss the cut, singles, doubles, accy whatever :lol:

Fowler has been rank for months. Mickelson too. Koepka coming back from injury still. Bryson gonna smash it left and right and be in too much trouble for lack of accuracy. Others are all bang average golfers and will struggle.

Not going great so far tbh, Koepka, Fowler and Stenson all done decent today.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I took Fowler, Koepka, Mickelson, Horsfield, Kitayama, Rozner, Bryson, stenson all to miss the cut, singles, doubles, accy whatever :lol:

Fowler has been rank for months. Mickelson too. Koepka coming back from injury still. Bryson gonna smash it left and right and be in too much trouble for lack of accuracy. Others are all bang average golfers and will struggle.

Not going great so far tbh, Koepka, Fowler and Stenson all done decent today.
Tomorrow is going to be extremely windy.

Love the major winners being referred to as ‘bang average.’

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
:lol: they're not at the top of their games like me, shooting 100s round local easy courses.
Keep honing that razor edge!

If the wind is as bad tomorrow as expected, you might still win your bet.

Check out the second round scores at Kiawah in 2012. Average was over 78 strokes.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Keep honing that razor edge!

If the wind is as bad tomorrow as expected, you might still win your bet.

Check out the second round scores at Kiawah in 2012. Average was over 78 strokes.
Yeah, the wind is gonna cause chaos :drool: I love it when you see the pros struggling like us normies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
And he hit a knock down 220 yard five iron yesterday on 17 into the wind to about 10 feet. That was an incredibly impressive shot.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He might hit it a long way but his course and conditions management skills leave a lot to be desired.

Zen

All this talk of big hitting and a 50 year old is leading.... love it. But he's the king of coming 2nd and 3rd, so not overly convinced, however steady he is.

Wilt

Mickleson looking like he’s lost a lot of weight

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Think Koepka will win pretty easily today if his putting is even remotely decent. Played the best golf tee to green yesterday I’d say, just didn’t hole much putts at all.

Mickelson will probably take himself out of contention. He is too wild off the tee I think and it will hurt him eventually. He’s driven very well this week but it’s a bit of a freak and don’t see it continuing when the pressure is on.

Having said that, if The top 3 struggle, then anyone from even par could win it. With how tough the finish is, if someone can get in the clubhouse at -3/4 then they could be 2/3 behind and still have a chance late on.

diarm

Phil being allowed a sand wedge is straight out cheating.

diarm

Great to see Harrington having fun out there too. A couple more birdies and he may have start thinking about picking himself for September.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It’s difficult to describe how long this course could play. The PGA mercifully hasn’t stretched it to 7800+ yards as that would have been diabolical. There’s literally a set of tees that don’t even have yardage associated with it in the yardage book, something like 79+ stroke rating & the highest slope possible at 155.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Phil being allowed a sand wedge is straight out cheating.
Warmed up at Grayhawk a couple of times on the back of the range on the Raptor side & got to see him work on his short game back in the late 90s. The proximity to the hole on every shot was off the charts. Looked like he had just walked up & placed dozens of balls right around the hole.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Great final day so far. Can’t believe how many big swings there was so far. Hopefully Mickelson doesn’t run away with it now though, need an exciting finish and it’ll probably make it the best major in recent memory.