Golf 2021

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Old man looks like he did it.

Not as seismic as Tiger in 2019, but this is truly historical in its own right.

Mickelson gave me an ASU-logo Titleist Balata 100 on the 17th. tee of the Island course in the 1990 NCAA golf championship at Innisbrook. It was in the Friday third round & I think he tied for the lead on the 16th., but he was not yet aware of it.

Last edited:

diarm

I played golf for the first time since September yesterday. Had an absolute horror round obviously, but after 4 hours of not being able to hit the ball, I stuck a 175 yard 5 iron out of the rough to inside 3 feet on the 17th.

Just got this from my mate:

diarm

“And that’s the shot that’ll keep you coming back...”
No other game ever invented does such insidious shit to a person like golf.
After going out in 52 I was happy to never play another round again. A little bit better on the way back in and I'm itching to get out there again.

Incredible performance from Phil. He got on top of Koepka early in that round and never took the foot off.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I really, really hope we hear the stories of randos putting a few bucks on Phil winning this weekend.

He went off at +25000, even a pinger would have netted someone good money.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Dude played with a 5.5 degree driver & a 11.5 degree driver.

Putters have 3 to 4 degrees of loft.

If only he didn’t shank his drive in 2006, he’d have his grand slam.

Carolina Red

Staff
No other game ever invented does such insidious shit to a person like golf.
Straight facts. The feeling of hitting a golf ball pure is the closest I’ll ever get to catching a fastball with the sweet spot of a baseball bat again, and yes... yes it is. It is what keeps me coming back even though it happens less often than when I used to crush a fastball :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Straight facts. The feeling of hitting a golf ball pure is the closest I’ll ever get to catching a fastball with the sweet spot of a baseball bat again, and yes... yes it is. It is what keeps me coming back even though it happens less often than when I used to crush a fastball :lol:
It’s a simple game.

It’s just distance & accuracy.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Gotta say, if you have even a scintilla of interest in gaming, download the WGT app & play away.

It’s easily the best golf game for a smart device, bar none.

croadyman

Incredible achievement to become the first guy to win a major in his fifties, would say it may give some hopes to the older British contingent like Westwood, Poults & Casey but just doesn't feel like they have that extra something required

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Incredible achievement to become the first guy to win a major in his fifties, would say it may give some hopes to the older British contingent like Westwood, Poults & Casey but just doesn't feel like they have that extra something required
That’s a fun debate to have, who is / was the best player to have never won a major.

Wilt

Fantastic display of front running from the Worlds greatest left hander.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Incredible week of golf from Phil. Honestly thought Brooks would catch him today. The final couple of groups all faltered while Mickelson stayed the course. So impressive and you wouldn't say it's impossible for him to add a 7th and even complete the Grand Slam.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Inc
Jon Rahm led the Memorial by 6 shots after the 3rd round and has to withdraw due to a positive coronavirus test.

https://www.skysports.com/golf/news...g-informed-he-tested-positive-for-coronavirus
Incredible scenes after his round yesterday. To obliterate the field like he did, he must have been on some high walking off 18. Then to break the news to him on the edge of the green made for amazing TV as everyone could see his devastation but no one quite knew what was happening.

I don’t understand why they didn’t wait until he got to the scorers hut though and had a little bit of privacy.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Inc

Incredible scenes after his round yesterday. To obliterate the field like he did, he must have been on some high walking off 18. Then to break the news to him on the edge of the green made for amazing TV as everyone could see his devastation but no one quite knew what was happening.

I don’t understand why they didn’t wait until he got to the scorers hut though and had a little bit of privacy.
It actually got explained a bit more today, it was the safest place to do it before he came into contact with anyone else, as they had just had the 2nd results back as he teed off on the 18th.

Poor fecker, he'd have won this tournament without a sweat today.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
It actually got explained a bit more today, it was the safest place to do it before he came into contact with anyone else, as they had just had the 2nd results back as he teed off on the 18th.

Poor fecker, he'd have won this tournament without a sweat today.
Yes, that does make sense before scorecards etc.