Golf 2021

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
That was a great final day of golf. So many stories that would be worthy of discussion in their own right. Rory back or not? Brooks maybe not the alpha we thought in 2017/18 (although still incredibly consistent in majors), Bryson's fall, the stacked leaderboard on Sunday. But Rahm's closing two holes just stole the show. There have been guys over the years who you say, it's only a matter of time before the win one. Sometimes they never do, but for Rahm, it really was just a matter of time. He's so good.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
That was a great final day of golf. So many stories that would be worthy of discussion in their own right. Rory back or not? Brooks maybe not the alpha we thought in 2017/18 (although still incredibly consistent in majors), Bryson's fall, the stacked leaderboard on Sunday. But Rahm's closing two holes just stole the show. There have been guys over the years who you say, it's only a matter of time before the win one. Sometimes they never do, but for Rahm, it really was just a matter of time. He's so good.
Koepka still has injury problems to be fair to him. Think once he’s fully fit he will be pick up a couple more majors. His putting let him down this week, gave himself a lot of birdie chances + his Saturday round was awful.

Rory’s putting is still way too bad in pressure moments. Oosthuizen holed absolutely everything inside 10 feet (until 17 yesterday) whilst Rory wasn’t even touching the hole on some of his short putts. He desperately needs to work on that to have a chance of picking another major up.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Koepka still has injury problems to be fair to him. Think once he’s fully fit he will be pick up a couple more majors. His putting let him down this week, gave himself a lot of birdie chances + his Saturday round was awful.

Rory’s putting is still way too bad in pressure moments. Oosthuizen holed absolutely everything inside 10 feet (until 17 yesterday) whilst Rory wasn’t even touching the hole on some of his short putts. He desperately needs to work on that to have a chance of picking another major up.
DJ was let down by his putting yesterday as well. Missed a couple of short puts that could have made his round relevant. Morikawa played great, and except for the disaster at 13 could have been right there.

Bryson really needs to have a talk with himself. His strategy of "I don't give a feck where this goes" is bonkers and inevitably failed him yesterday.

Tarrou

I didn’t watch it but I’m a bit gutted for Rory finishing like that

would love to see him take another few majors

lsd

The Oracle
I didn’t watch it but I’m a bit gutted for Rory finishing like that

would love to see him take another few majors

I don't know why as he is an absolute bellend of a person

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Oh absolutely. I still think he'll end up being the best of this generation in terms of majors won and possibly quite comfortably so. His record in majors in the last 5 years is astounding. But there was a time where it looked like, if he got a sniff, no one else had a hope. But yeah, top 5 in two majors this year while injured is very impressive.

diarm

I played the O'Meara course at Carton House yesterday and it was bloody brilliant. I reckon he must have designed it shortly after he won the Masters because they have a little Amen corner with 2 par 3's over water and a long par 5 with a last shot over more water, against the backdrop of a deadly little waterfall and old pavilion.

Haven't had as much fun playing golf in a long while!

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The 149th Open at Royal St. George's this week. First Open in 2 years. Excited to see links golf again, I was at the Scottish Open last week and it was fantastic to see such a strong field playing golf in it's purest form.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The 149th Open at Royal St. George's this week. First Open in 2 years. Excited to see links golf again, I was at the Scottish Open last week and it was fantastic to see such a strong field playing golf in it's purest form.
Shame some big names have had to drop out but still a feck ton of huge names in there.

I love watching Bubba play, sees courses in a completely different way to everyone else. Shame he had to withdraw.

Surely it's Rahms for the taking?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Shame some big names have had to drop out but still a feck ton of huge names in there.

I love watching Bubba play, sees courses in a completely different way to everyone else. Shame he had to withdraw.

Surely it's Rahms for the taking?
Yeah but to date Bubba has done nothing in The Open so not a huge miss. The only big miss is Hideki imo.

Ainu

As time passes Phil's PGA win will look like an even bigger mystery than it did when it happened. Entire universes must've aligned that week for that to happen.