g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Golf 2022

FriedClams

Have started getting lessons on my swing. I got it to the point where I was hitting good enough shots with my old swing to play, but I’m not happy with that. I’m a pretty strong dude and lack of power was infuriating, especially off the drive.
200 yard flighted drive is not good and I ain’t about that life. I should be able to drive 280+ with some consistency.

First lesson was maintaining a closed face and stop coming from over the top.

Was hitting it like a bag of shit but pro said that if you’re gonna be serious about it, you need to wear the pain of deconstructing what you’ve been doing. Let’s get this bread!
everyone can improve their swing, but remember that there are infinite swing types and when you find what works for you the best, just keep that. The difference in swing types between some multiple major winners is astounding, but what they all do is hit the ball first with a perfectly square club face. Whatever it takes to do that, is right.

FriedClams

Apparently liv boys suing pga for suspending them… welcome to freedom boys, it goes both ways
it’s quite incredible how many conservatives/republicans have joined liv. Are we supposed to feel sorry for them? It’s ridiculous.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Have started getting lessons on my swing. I got it to the point where I was hitting good enough shots with my old swing to play, but I’m not happy with that. I’m a pretty strong dude and lack of power was infuriating, especially off the drive.
200 yard flighted drive is not good and I ain’t about that life. I should be able to drive 280+ with some consistency.

Was hitting it like a bag of shit but pro said that if you’re gonna be serious about it, you need to wear the pain of deconstructing what you’ve been doing. Let’s get this bread!
To expound on what @FriedClams said, every body shape will produce a unique swing. It’s what happens from twelve inches before the ball to twelve inches past the ball that is paramount. Whatever gets you to have a rotating club face square at impact & having the fastest part of your swing at impact is what your body can produce. There are some key areas / positions that can be worked on during the backswing, but don’t think you need to emulate anyone else’s swing. You be you.

Also never lose sight of the fact that the golf swing is the hardest physical athletic motion to undertake & try to perfect. Ain’t nothing easy about it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
it’s quite incredible how many conservatives/republicans have joined liv. Are we supposed to feel sorry for them? It’s ridiculous.
The crowd was chanting ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ during the final round.

Last true Democrat I can recall on the PGA Tour was David Duval over 20 years ago.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I’m just a drunk guy who believes he can do a better job than Farhan at running the Giants, but a straw poll of voters (me) confirms that LIV is a tournament supported by fascists and terrorists.*

*@WI_Red supports this message.

slyadams

To compound what others are saying, everyone's swing and mechanics are unique and it doesn't always go hand in hand that a big guy will hit it long. Sure, on average the bigger you are the longer you will hit it, but its not guaranteed. I'm 6'3", play off 3 and drive it around 265. I could easily try to crank it out there another 20 yards if I wanted to, but I don't want to sacrifice the control and rythym to get that extra length.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I’m just a drunk guy who believes he can do a better job than Farhan at running the Giants, but a straw poll of voters (me) confirms that LIV is a tournament supported by fascists and terrorists.*

*@WI_Red supports this message.
Well it’s now associated with trump so not surprising. Amazing seeing the sell out YouTubers. I use to love mr short guy and pga memes but these guys are making themselves serious unlikeable with their liv bullshit

Skåre Willoch

For some reason i've become a lot better over the past 6-7 rounds - and I really don't know why. I had hit a plateau for a couple of months, ans was averaging 98-102 or so for a long time.
All of a sudden, relatively out of nowhere i shot an 84 (!) to break 90, and have broken 90 for 4 of the past 5 rounds. My handicap is moving rapidly, and I'm loving it.

The thing is, other than fixing my slicy driver (again), I haven't really done anything of notable difference, at least not consciously. But everything has gotten better, especially approach and chipping. I've also added 20-30 yards to all irons, for some reason. Everything just "clicked" into a different level.

I haven't had so much fun in a very long time, and can't wait to get back out there every single day. Gotta ride the wave while it lasts!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
For some reason i've become a lot better over the past 6-7 rounds - and I really don't know why. I had hit a plateau for a couple of months, ans was averaging 98-102 or so for a long time.
All of a sudden, relatively out of nowhere i shot an 84 (!) to break 90, and have broken 90 for 4 of the past 5 rounds. My handicap is moving rapidly, and I'm loving it.

The thing is, other than fixing my slicy driver (again), I haven't really done anything of notable difference, at least not consciously. But everything has gotten better, especially approach and chipping. I've also added 20-30 yards to all irons, for some reason. Everything just "clicked" into a different level.

I haven't had so much fun in a very long time, and can't wait to get back out there every single day. Gotta ride the wave while it lasts!
Don’t overthink it while you’re playing well, plenty of time for that later.

slyadams

Just remember these times when things go awry.

FriedClams

Awesome! Confidence when standing over the ball is pivotal, so that's probably playing a huge part of it.

Carolina Red

Staff
I haven't really done anything of notable difference, at least not consciously. But everything has gotten better, especially approach and chipping. I've also added 20-30 yards to all irons, for some reason. Everything just "clicked" into a different level.
I had a similar thing happen this summer. Just started hitting it more pure and it kept happening, and happening. My wife was playing a round with me one day and was just like… “are you some kinda idiot savant now or what?” :lol:

Skåre Willoch

I had a similar thing happen this summer. Just started hitting it more pure and it kept happening, and happening. My wife was playing a round with me one day and was just like… “are you some kinda idiot savant now or what?” :lol:
:lol: Haha, and that’s really what it feels like as well!!

Luckily my wife has just started to figure it out herself, and finally make some progress. Which has turned her into a competitive madwoman, and it’s great fun. She is now booking flights for us without even asking, she just assumes free time on the weekends = golf. On Sunday she’s booked us in just in time to get home before the game. Could be a lot worse!:cool:

RedC

One of the best things anyone can do is read the Bob Rotella books, they will knock some shots off your game.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
While my wife may not play golf she is more than happy for my ass to leave the house to go play. :wenger:

slyadams

I think we just lucked out. I’ve got buddies whose wives complain about them going to golf… like ever. I couldn’t do it.
I used to fight this battle. Now I just go early on Sundays and feck it if she doesn’t like it.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Bryson has just come out with one of the biggest dumb feck analogy’s regarding liv and why they’re suing pga.

in his position, pga and liv are like pizza shops and pga are refusing service… sorry mate but you’re an “independent contractor” they can refuse to engage your services dickhead.

Nothing like a dumb smart guy.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
LIV golf is fecked.

They have 48 players and that's it.. once you drop out that favoured 48, you're fecked with nowhere to go.

Also this thing about the winnings being deducted from your sign on bonus is hilarious.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
LIV golf is fecked.

They have 48 players and that's it.. once you drop out that favoured 48, you're fecked with nowhere to go.

Also this thing about the winnings being deducted from your sign on bonus is hilarious.
Didn’t hear about that! Glorious!

Carolina Red

Staff
My golf rule change proposal…

If your shot hits the top of a sprinkler head, you should be able to take a free drop, 1 club length from the sprinkler head, not closer to the hole.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
My golf rule change proposal…

If your shot hits the top of a sprinkler head, you should be able to take a free drop, 1 club length from the sprinkler head, not closer to the hole.
Your ball came to rest on top of the sprinkler head?

Carolina Red

Staff
Yeah, that’s infuriating.
Like… sprinkler heads weren’t a thing until recently and are a “man made” obstruction. To me, you shouldn’t be penalized for your ball randomly hitting one. Especially one that’s right next to the green.

Bout like hitting the 150 yardage marker in the fairway.