Golf 2022

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Unreal. East Lake is such a venerable, classic course that the pros just tear the feck up every year.

Scheffler is 19 under after two fecking rounds.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
?

e - that’s right. I’m an idiot. They start off weird. No wonder the results look so off to me! :lol:
Wasn't sure you were taking the piss or just hadn't realised the format :lol: scheffler has shot 9 under, schauffle is 11 under I think, but because the way they started scheffler leads. Could actually be close come Sunday, hopefully anyway.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Wasn't sure you were taking the piss or just hadn't realised the format :lol: scheffler has shot 9 under, schauffle is 11 under I think, but because the way they started scheffler leads. Could actually be close come Sunday, hopefully anyway.
I think I’ve made this comment before & it just hasn’t sunk in fully. I think it has to do with me having played the course twice & ended up with my ball in my pocket both times & I’m just jealous of them.

sallycinnamin

Gonna see some attacking golf tomorrow. Especially if the top two stay in their current position. It’d actually be better if they dropped a couple of shots a piece to bring others into it.
Scheffler back with a six shot lead at -23 before the start. Sizeable obstacle but then again you never know. Think Rory is teeing off with Scheffler last pairing.

FriedClams

I can’t believe scheffler is so good despite his swing and footwork… it defies almost everything a good golf teacher would teach.

Does anyone know of a good place to get the shoes he wears? The TW zoom ones… can’t see them for less than $400 on eBay

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I can’t believe scheffler is so good despite his swing and footwork… it defies almost everything a good golf teacher would teach.

Does anyone know of a good place to get the shoes he wears? The TW zoom ones… can’t see them for less than $400 on eBay
Absolutely. Did he have swing instruction growing up? If so, it was a very good golf teacher who realized not to try to take SS out of his 'flaws' & taught him how to only minimize them / use them to his benefit. Kind of like Wolff's teacher although Wolff hadn't reached the heights of SS, but has done okay in the pros.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Scheffler's scramble game abandoned him today - tough look as normally he saves a few strokes per round with crazy up and downs.

Also shout-out to Pervert of the Year Max Homa - what a fecking round he put up on Friday, very happy for him.

Deery

Dreary
I think the last time he won it was like 10m so that’s around $40m he’s earned from FedEx..

SinNombre

Can Smith and 5 other top-100 golfers joining Liv this week.

This has enough momentum now.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
In the end money will always be bigger than anything else in sport. The money on offer at Liv is obscene and that too without the pressure of winning. It’s so sad though because Golf last couple of years has been amazing and really enjoyable as a sport

FriedClams

In the end money will always be bigger than anything else in sport. The money on offer at Liv is obscene and that too without the pressure of winning. It’s so sad though because Golf last couple of years has been amazing and really enjoyable as a sport
PGA golf during Liv has been amazing. Some of the highest quality I can remember.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
How good is Niemann? If my local newspapers are to believe, he was on route to be one of the very best.

Now he sold himself for 100 Millions to the Saudi league for 3-4 years.

Sporting wise, how bad is that move? (Considering he is only 23 years old.)
Can be a good decision long term?

FriedClams

How good is Niemann? If my local newspapers are to believe, he was on route to be one of the very best.

Now he sold himself for 100 Millions to the Saudi league for 3-4 years.

Sporting wise, how bad is that move? (Considering he is only 23 years old.)
Can be a good decision long term?
Fantastic golfer, definitely had it in him to be a #1 GITW imo.... The sums of money are just insane, can understand anyone not turning it down based on how much it sets them up for life.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Devastating for Cam. Pretty much ruins his reputation with the Australian sporting public and will probably ruin his future playing career as well. Apart from Neiman and Cam, not one player has left that I thought had ability to be there or there abouts each weekend… which is probably why they all jumped. It’s lazy money.

ChrisNelson

I'm assuming (golf isn't my number one sport although I do like watching it) that the Saudis were banking on recouping a lot of their outlay through TV deals?

Not that they need it, because their pits of cash, like Newcastle Utd. are pretty much bottomless.

But still, in the back of their minds would surely have been getting this thing broadcast to gain more momentum.

They must have realised that lots of TV companies are contractually bound to the PGA?

That's where the crunch will come, on the expiry of those deals, if Sky etc. feel that more than 50% of the top players are doing the LIV tour then they might jump ship.

If that happens it could be the end of the PGA and LIV will just sweep up and change golf forever.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Intensely dislike this guy for two reasons. One, his swing sucks & two, he reminds me of Hootie…

diarm

Rumours online that Rahm could be about to defect. Not happy with the new 20 PGA tour events rule for Europeans and what he calls "The Rory Tour".

This would be bigger than Johnson or Cam Smith for me. Would be a huge loss to the PGA.