Golf 2023

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He basically plays with a slightly elongated knock down swing, he stays within himself so well, albeit due to injuries & age. It's the perfect swing for him, a swing that would have led to far less injuries in his career.
180mph ball speed.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Tiger can't be cancelled :lol: it's great.

The whole thing is made more hilarious by the reaction of the Muppets.
Have to say I’m surprised at the amount of shit he’s copped for it. It’s more a silly joke about ego, oneupmanship etc. Not a deliberate insult to women everywhere.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Have to say I’m surprised at the amount of shit he’s copped for it. It’s more a silly joke about ego, oneupmanship etc. Not a deliberate insult to women everywhere.
Exactly, people just like to moan about anything.

Not sure I've seen any of the female golfers complain about it. Don't think they are arsed.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I've seen female athletes in Ireland say it was dumb and inappropriate. Seems to me that most of the people saying it's nothing are men, tbh.
Laura Davies and henni konyack both said it was nothing, just harmless banter, and went on to say how much tiger supports the womens game.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Personally, I think it was a really stupid "joke". I can't see how there's anything he could be implying other than a misogynistic negative. It's great that some women don't mind it, but as soon as some women athletes say it diminishes them, I don't think there is any argument against it. The fact he apologized too means he knows it, in my opinion.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Personally, I think it was a really stupid "joke". I can't see how there's anything he could be implying other than a misogynistic negative. It's great that some women don't mind it, but as soon as some women athletes say it diminishes them, I don't think there is any argument against it. The fact he apologized too means he knows it, in my opinion.
How does a personal joke between them diminish women ?

Not everything has to be about women

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
How does a private thing between them diminish women ?
Are you serious, on both points? It wasn't private. It was on camera. And he used something related to women with an absolutely unmistakable implication.

Why would Tiger apologize if this wasn't a public action that diminished women?

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I'm comfortable with being alone in thinking there's nothing funny about this by the way. I'd say though that anyone who thinks there's nothing wrong with this should imagine doing something similar in their workplace and then consider how it'd go down there in front of your female colleagues.

arnie_ni

I'm comfortable with being alone in thinking there's nothing funny about this by the way. I'd say though that anyone who thinks there's nothing wrong with this should imagine doing something similar in their workplace and then consider how it'd go down there in front of your female colleagues.
Can it be both? Funny banter but also with the realisation it probably shouldn't have been done

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Are you serious, on both points? It wasn't private. It was on camera. And he used something related to women with an absolutely unmistakable implication.

Why would Tiger apologize if this wasn't a public action that diminished women?

Yeah I am serious.
We don't even know the context of the exchange.

Women and men makes banter about each other all of the time.

The players didn't say anything in public to diminish women. This is nothing more than hysterical PC brigade finding offence where there isn't any.

I'm sitting here with three women whom think the same.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Childish banter, the kind you’d see in footy forums. Not clever and a little demeaning towards women. Not the kind of joke I would make, but in general a lot of fuss about nothing.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Lasses I work with would find it funny because they have a sense of humour. They'd get in on the act of calling someone a girl if they couldn't lift something. Probably say "wanna sit with us at break time?". They're as bad as the blokes for taking the piss outta people tbh :lol: wait, maybe some of them are blokes, rough as toast. Wait did I just insult toast too?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
However, he's made the cut, and the top of the leaderboard is stacked :drool: gonna be a great last couple days.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Lasses I work with would find it funny because they have a sense of humour. They'd get in on the act of calling someone a girl if they couldn't lift something. Probably say "wanna sit with us at break time?". They're as bad as the blokes for taking the piss outta people tbh :lol: wait, maybe some of them are blokes, rough as toast. Wait did I just insult toast too?
That's fine too. I'll leave it at saying that Tiger wouldn't have apologized if there was no problem.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
That's fine too. I'll leave it at saying that Tiger wouldn't have apologized if there was no problem.
Not sure about that, they do it because or pressure and PR reasons. 100% he calls JT a girl in a private game within the next year that we will never hear about :lol:

Apology probably more because it was in public for people to see.

But golf, yeah, it's mint. I usually call my brother by my name when he hits a shit drive. "Who ya think ya are? Me?"

Fun fact: I once hit a drive backwards, hit it low stinger by mistake, hit the ladies tee markers and bounced off about 40 yards behind me.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Don't women drive a shorter distance than men?

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Watching the new Netflix documentary about the PGA tour and it’s very nice

Me too, it's a really good series. I've changed my opinion on a few golfers and gained huge respect for many more. I just want to give Joel Dahmen a huge cuddle and shake Tony Finau's hand. Two top blokes right there. I e followed Fitz's career from the beginning so it's no surprise he's a decent lad, just his OCD and attention to detail is off the charts :lol:

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Me too, it's a really good series. I've changed my opinion on a few golfers and gained huge respect for many more. I just want to give Joel Dahmen a huge cuddle and shake Tony Finau's hand. Two top blokes right there. I e followed Fitz's career from the beginning so it's no surprise he's a decent lad, just his OCD and attention to detail is off the charts :lol:
Pretty much all the feckwits, Cam and DJ left for liv and we’re left with a genuinely interesting and nice group of lads.

Brooks wife comes across as a money grabbing bitch. No wonder his game has turned to shit, I reckon she’s a nightmare.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Was pulling for Max but the awful drive on 13 compounded with the terrible decision to go for the green in 2 did him in. He's got a top 5 short game on the tour right now in my opinion - after getting ahead by a stroke he really should have focused on making sure he left himself a relatively straightforward up and down.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Pretty much all the feckwits, Cam and DJ left for liv and we’re left with a genuinely interesting and nice group of lads.

Brooks wife comes across as a money grabbing bitch. No wonder his game has turned to shit, I reckon she’s a nightmare.

I agree completely. I think it's the best field in the last decade or so.

And yeah, Brooks wife showed him no support or understanding whatsoever, even saying she doesn't understand the defeatist or losers mindset. She should have been showing him love and support, but now he's on the LIC tour earning appearance money over a win purse, i'm sure she's over the fecking moon.

FriedClams

Brooks has always been pretty unlikeable. His wife admitted to sliding into his DM’s too, wonder what her intentions might have been.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Brooks has always been pretty unlikeable. His wife admitted to sliding into his DM’s too, wonder what her intentions might have been.
Yeah, even though we share an alma mater, I've never liked him simply for his putt putt golf course putting grip.

mariachi-19

fecking cnut of a sport.

Had my best rounds ever and training at the range. Hitting it beautifully… go back to the sim last night and I’m continually hitting the heel. My coach is there trying to fix it but I’m just in a block.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
fecking cnut of a sport.

Had my best rounds ever and training at the range. Hitting it beautifully… go back to the sim last night and I’m continually hitting the heel. My coach is there trying to fix it but I’m just in a block.
Shanking it or just hitting it a little towards the heel?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
fecking cnut of a sport.

All clubs off the heel/hosel or just the driver?

mariachi-19

Shanking it or just hitting it a little towards the heel?
Shanking. My feel is the club face is not shut enough. Coaches is trying to get me to shallow my plane as I have tendency to go over on my down swing and get steep.

I changed my grip last week from 10 finger to interlocking as I was getting the same issue and the connection wit the wrist seem to make a huge difference. Suddenly a huge amount of compression and more “togetherness”. I was literally hitting the middle on there abouts and getting huge distance gains. Suddenly my 9 iron is flying 160 yards.

All clubs

FriedClams

Shanking. My feel is the club face is not shut enough. Coaches is trying to get me to shallow my plane as I have tendency to go over on my down swing and get steep.

I changed my grip last week from 10 finger to interlocking as I was getting the same issue and the connection wit the wrist seem to make a huge difference. Suddenly a huge amount of compression and more “togetherness”. I was literally hitting the middle on there abouts and getting huge distance gains. Suddenly my 9 iron is flying 160 yards.

All clubs
what was the 9 iron carrying before????

FriedClams

125-135

Went and had a little bash in the paddock near my work at lunch with 60 degree.

Back to good contact and solid divot pattern
exercise that always helps me if I’m not hitting out the middle is to line up 3 balls diagonally, and you hit the Center one. Gradually move the balls on the outside closer to the centre, so There’s only an inch either side of your club to get through. Promotes a nice draw too.