Golf 2023

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Second most favorite week of golf all year starts today. Looks like the weather is going to be benign.

FriedClams

How is season 1?
Thought it was just ok. They explain what a cut is almsot every episode which is annoying. Joel dahmen and finau episode are great, rest is kinda average. You get to see Mito pereira and his wife in the aftermath of his collapse at the PGA.

Hopefully season 2 they get max homa and tyrell hatton involved.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Thought it was just ok. They explain what a cut is almsot every episode which is annoying. Joel dahmen and finau episode are great, rest is kinda average. You get to see Mito pereira and his wife in the aftermath of his collapse at the PGA.

Hopefully season 2 they get max homa and tyrell hatton involved.
It’s just a bit PG. For a season that was interesting for all off course issues, this was average.

They need to focus on building bullshit drama like they do in drive to survive.

edcunited1878

It’s just a bit PG. For a season that was interesting for all off course issues, this was average.

They need to focus on building bullshit drama like they do in drive to survive.
I didn't like how they revisited the same tournaments (or most of them) for different players, it was a bit deja vu and too much of it.

They had the LIV Golf drama and it was fine. Seeing the personalities and people behind the golfers pretty much confirmed what most know already about them (i.e., DJ and Paulina G; Brooks and his wife).

They followed the elite players, solid tour pros, and the rookies coming from Korn Ferry. I haven't put much thought into how, as you said, to make it spicer and give more insight.

mariachi-19

Ah shit, here we go again…

Something about this doesn’t seem right. Even when tiger was fecking everything left right and centre and you could argue he was the biggest cnut version of himself, nothing was ever stated about him being abusive… perhaps, just maybe, somebody who came from nothing is trying to cash out on one of the wealthiest athletes on the planet and live a lifestyle they became accustomed to.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Something about this doesn’t seem right. Even when tiger was fecking everything left right and centre and you could argue he was the biggest cnut version of himself, nothing was ever stated about him being abusive… perhaps, just maybe, somebody who came from nothing is trying to cash out on one of the wealthiest athletes on the planet and live a lifestyle they became accustomed to.
No doubt we’ll know the next step very soon. The pap / media will ferret something out in no time.

mariachi-19

No doubt we’ll know the next step very soon. The pap / media will ferret something out in no time.
https://www.espn.com.au/golf/story/...d-asks-judge-resolve-nda-dispute?platform=amp

If you read the article, it articulates that no claims are lodged against tiger and that there may be other issues that occurred during their relationship that doesn’t exactly involve him directly. Just that it was during their relationship . People will gravitate to sexual assault because it’s Tiger but it seems massively out of character for him.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
https://www.espn.com.au/golf/story/...d-asks-judge-resolve-nda-dispute?platform=amp

If you read the article, it articulates that no claims are lodged against tiger and that there may be other issues that occurred during their relationship that doesn’t exactly involve him directly. Just that it was during their relationship . People will gravitate to sexual assault because it’s Tiger but it seems massively out of character for him.
No, Tiger never seemed the sexual assault type one bit. This might be the one similarity I share with Tiger - we both saw our fathers abuse our mothers, thus we vowed never to be like that. Hope I’m not wrong.

Haven’t read that yet, thanks for posting.

mariachi-19

No, Tiger never seemed the sexual assault type one bit. This might be the one similarity I share with Tiger - we both saw our fathers abuse our mothers, thus we vowed never to be like that. Hope I’m not wrong.

Haven’t read that yet, thanks for posting.
“ Herman's attorney asked the judge to specify how it limits her ability to disclose, among other things, "her own experiences," "experiences of her family members," "photographs and recordings of herself and her family members," "information from sources other than the Defendant" and "information responding to statements that the Defendant has made or published about her or others to prove the falsity or misleading nature of those statements."

Ainu

Maybe we should just refrain from posting wild speculation and accusations when we don't have a clue about the truth.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Ever wonder how on course announcers know what club is being hit by the player? Good little back & forth as to how. ‘MudFlap’ is spot on. Now that the tour is all about broadcasting the caddie & player interaction / caddies being in the shot more, you can see them broadcast the club quite often if you know what you are looking for…

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/caddy-hand-signals-for-clubs.32671/

Speaking of caddies, here’s a fun article…

https://golf.com/news/pga-tour-golf-caddie-debut-learned/?amp=1

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I do miss a uber-windy round at Sawgrass so 17 becomes a crap shoot.

Then there’s this…

FriedClams

Liked Schefflers interview afterwards where he talks about him having a bad warm up.... They were showing him on the range for a while and he was having a nightmare, snap hooked two drives in a row and looked so frustrated.