Golf 2024

Carolina Red

Staff
1) they’re not dropping the charges against Scottie

2) the film doesn’t match anything the cop said

3) did the golf world just become Team feck the po po?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The police are ridiculous here, can't believe they haven't dropped it. Those videos just show how made up the cops version was. Surely the cop should be done for filing a false report, or making shit up?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The police are ridiculous here, can't believe they haven't dropped it. Those videos just show how made up the cops version was. Surely the cop should be done for filing a false report, or making shit up?
You must be new to US policing, that’s not how things work here.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
You must be new to US policing, that’s not how things work here.
Best part is even if their misconduct is proven in a court of law it's actually the taxpayers who pay for it!

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Awfully sad news.

Can’t imagine how hard it is for everyone to carry on this weekend. I know they’re respecting the families wishes to continue play, but that is not easy on guys this week.

Edit: right after posting this I watched the interview Peter Malnati gave. To see how upset he was while admitting he didn’t know Grayson that well, yeah, these guys shouldn’t be playing this weekend.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Awfully sad news.

Can’t imagine how hard it is for everyone to carry on this weekend. I know they’re respecting the families wishes to continue play, but that is not easy on guys this week.
I remember the challenge Payne Stewart's passing caused personally & professionally with the PGA & the players as to what to do. Think both handled it well & struck a positive balance. Something to use as a template.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I remember the challenge Payne Stewart's passing caused personally & professionally with the PGA & the players as to what to do. Think both handled it well & struck a positive balance. Something to use as a template.
Do you mind elaborating? While I remember Payne Stewart’s death, I can’t remember how the tour handled it at the time?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Do you mind elaborating? While I remember Payne Stewart’s death, I can’t remember how the tour handled it at the time?
It happened two or three days out from the Tour Championship but the tournament was played with no issues. They had a couple of small memorials for him that weekend, players were literally teeing off with putters as their first stroke, most wore knickers that weekend - the PGA didn't overreact.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
It happened two or three days out from the Tour Championship but the tournament was played with no issues. They had a couple of small memorials for him that weekend, players were literally teeing off with putters as their first stroke, most wore knickers that weekend - the PGA didn't overreact.
Ah yeah. Now that you say it, I do remember pictures of the other players dressed like that. I suppose those couple of days made a huge difference though, you have guys that played with Grayson yesterday teeing it up today and guys finding out the news as they’re getting ready to tee off. I dunno, such a tough one to call and respecting the families wishes is paramount. Just seems incredibly tough for players.

FriedClams

@calodo2003

what is team America thinking with having the next RC at bethpage? It’s not really possible to overpower that place

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
@calodo2003

what is team America thinking with having the next RC at bethpage? It’s not really possible to overpower that place
Don't really follow the RC or PC until the week before event, but, if there's ever a course where the Americans could benefit from their length, it's Bethpage. I think there's only one par 4 less than 400 yards.

Skåre Willoch

No one from the morning groups have managed any really low scores, so the evening groups have a real chance to create a gap before the final two days. Fun! Lets go, Viktor!

arnie_ni

Could be a good finish here. Sport is infinitely more interesting when it's competitive.

Gee Male

Yeah this is a good watch. I'm impressed by Morikawa here going toe to toe with Scheffler, he's playing well a few weeks now. Wouldn't be shocked if he wins next week now.