Gonzalo Higuain | Chelsea Player

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
In fairness to him, Juventus barely did anything with the ball in the second half.

Nedved

Meh, he had an assist and very little service. Dybala and Pjanic are the main culprits.

cheeky_backheel

Invisible. Not worth the money Juventus paid for him
Do you think they would be in the finals without him? He has scored 32 goals in 53 games. Dybala is next with 19 in 46 and Mandzukic only has 10 in 49 games.

The problem is that the current Juve is built too defensively. Thus when they try to play an open game it would likely backfire.

They need a better player than Mandzukic on the left, and need to add quality in central midfield as well. Hopefully we close our deals before Juve enter the markets.

RoyH1

Do you think they would be in the finals without him? He has scored 32 goals in 53 games. Dybala is next with 19 in 46 and Mandzukic only has 10 in 49 games.

The problem is that the current Juve is built too defensively. Thus when they try to play an open game it would likely backfire.

They need a better player than Mandzukic on the left, and need to add quality in central midfield as well. Hopefully we close our deals before Juve enter the markets.
He's not a big game player. CL final, WC final he disappears.

I didn't write he was bad. I wrote he's not worth that amount of money.

Eddy_JukeZ

He was poor, but Dybala was probably worse when you consider how touted he is.

izec

Didnt do anything today, looked frustrated throughout the game. Sure didnt see many balls, but he also does nothing. Happy that the game passes him by without offering anything. He is a flat track bully.

izec

He was poor, but Dybala was probably worse when you consider how touted he is.
That was his first big final with 23. Higuain is 29 and should have enough experience in big games by now. He should be their leader at this point in the powers of his peak.

cheeky_backheel

He's not a big game player. CL final, WC final he disappears.

I didn't write he was bad. I wrote he's not worth that amount of money.
That deal raised juve and took Napoli out of the title race - it was worth every penny.

Pipita might no score in the big games, but you have to win the small games to get there. Also, the top players are usually what the opposition try to shut down so it is much harder to score in such games. Tonight he was man marked by Varane, with Ramos close by to clean up.

Similar jibes were directed at CR7 a few years ago, saying he was absent against the top teams, but with better players around him, he has been having more opportunities and scoring more.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Dybala deserves more flak than Higuain tonight.

RoyH1

That deal raised juve and took Napoli out of the title race - it was worth every penny.

Pipita might no score in the big games, but you have to win the small games to get there. Also, the top players are usually what the opposition try to shut down so it is much harder to score in such games. Tonight he was man marked by Varane, with Ramos close by to clean up.

Similar jibes were directed at CR7 a few years ago, saying he was absent against the top teams, but with better players around him, he has been having more opportunities and scoring more.
We'll just have to agree to disagree then.

Triple.Threat

Champions league final, and Higuain will bottle it for them

:D

Juve paid his release clause without hesitation or negotiating with Napoli because they thought he was the missing piece to their CL winning puzzle. I bet Napoli fans are laughing their a$$es off while counting their €90M.

Juve knew they would walk Serie A with their existing team and any donkey playing as a number 9. He is always a no show when it matters.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He wasn't that bad, lively in the first half, disappeared completely in the second because he got zero service.

Boycott

I don't watch Juventus too often but thought he was fantastic out there tonight. Wonderful technical and instinctive volley, sat a defender down when he fashioned that shot just wide and in the second half held the ball up really well despite not having much support.

Nedved

I don't watch Juventus too often but thought he was fantastic out there tonight. Wonderful technical and instinctive volley, sat a defender down when he fashioned that shot just wide and in the second half held the ball up really well despite not having much support.
This is the record breaking striker Juve paid 90m euros for (rightfully looking at striker prices last summer). He was that player 80 percent of the time at Juve in his first season and 50 percent this season, which is not often enough.

Unfortunately he gained some weight and subsequently lost pace the summer he moved clubs, but he looks quicker and lighter now. He’s been in superb form again ever since he decided the game away to Napoli a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Thought he played well 2 but missed 2 big chances that probably would have shaped the tie completely differently.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Higuain summed up in 1 game. Brillaint for the goal, very good play on the counter and missed by inches, missed very important penalty.

Still he is very good player though, shame Juventus played very deep.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Think he had Sanchez on toast for most of the game. Shame he can't finish when it matters and Spurs defended as a unit very well to not let him get isolated on Sanchez, like Dembele tracking back that time.

Ole90+3

Think he had Sanchez on toast for most of the game. Shame he can't finish when it matters and Spurs defended as a unit very well to not let him get isolated on Sanchez, like Dembele tracking back that time.
:wenger: What? He scored a stunning strike in the first minute of a CL knockout game, and also buried a penalty shortly after. Missing a penalty doesn't exclude the fact Higuain is one of the best finishers in the world.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
:wenger: What? He scored a stunning strike in the first minute of a CL knockout game, and also buried a penalty shortly after. Missing a penalty doesn't exclude the fact Higuain is one of the best finishers in the world.
You're kidding right? You're at 2-1, last kick before half time and your striker can't even hit the target? That would have completely changed the tone of the second half and the tie. He is renowned for missing important chances.

Ole90+3

You're kidding right? You're at 2-1, last kick before half time and your striker can't even hit the target? That would have completely changed the tone of the second half and the tie. He is renowned for missing important chances.
Harry Kane missed an extremely important penalty at Anfield the other week? Funny enough he also scored another penalty in the same game. Kane also missed a glorious chance in the first half last night. Would you consider him a bottler?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Harry Kane missed an extremely important penalty at Anfield the other week? Funny enough he also scored another penalty in the same game. Kane also missed a glorious chance in the first half last night. Would you consider him a bottler?
In that liverpool game - he did bottle that game. The fact he put the next one in let him get away from the fact he missed the pen to put them ahead. That is not typical of Kane, but you can't argue there are plenty of examples of Higuain doing it.

buckooo1978

In that liverpool game - he did bottle that game. The fact he put the next one in let him get away from the fact he missed the pen to put them ahead. That is not typical of Kane, but you can't argue there are plenty of examples of Higuain doing it.
whilst there are examples of Higuain 'bottling it' in European and International finals, last night was not evidence of that

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
whilst there are examples of Higuain 'bottling it' in European and International finals, last night was not evidence of that
My argument was really his miss completely changed the tone of a game. It's almost similar to conceding on the stroke of half time, missing that. Why I thought it was an important miss. I don't debate his general quality, but I don't see why people are trying to defend that fact he misses very important opportunities.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Reputation, reputation, reputation :lol:

80% of the time he's a better player than Lewandowski, Kane and Suarez.

And yet as a madridista i also agree he's a bottler :lol: :devil:

paulscholes18

As soon as he stepped up for the 2nd penalty you knew it had a Higuain's bottle job written all over it