Gonzalo Higuain | Chelsea Player

van Persie

Yes, but he still got sold and he wasnt always a starter at Madrid? Sure he bangs them in, but for Real, Napoli and Juve, who dominate their leagues mostly. He is world class now for Juve and last year for Napoli, no doubt. Confidence sky high
Because Real Madrid. Benzema. His goals per minute ratio was crazy in Real Madrid and surely he would have been a starter for nearly every other team in the world even at that time.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Best finisher in football. He'll score 40 easy this season

Juventus were not idiots when they made him one of the most expensive players ever.
Some say he is fat.
Some say he is old.
Juventus just wanted the best finisher in football and that's what they seem to have bought.

Devil81

Higuan has seriously bottled it in a lot of big games, I really can't get my head around that huge transfer fee for his transfer to Juventus.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Higuan has seriously bottled it in a lot of big games, I really can't get my head around that huge transfer fee for his transfer to Juventus.
36 goals in serie A. Juve must be banking on the club's winning mentality offsetting his bottler mentality in CL

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's always been fat, no? Piguain and all that

Quizierda

I think he just has poor metabolism, gains weight easily and especially to his belly. Have that too, been doing fitness for over a year but suddenly my belly got fatter whilst doing abs exercises frequently, it's frustrating.
Abs are made in the kitchen - not the gym. :D:wenger:

Quizierda

I growed them a while ago, but wanted to get bigger and dropped the excercises a little bit and now its grown a bit too, under-abs are tough man. Upper ones are still present.
In most cases seeing your abs is all about body fat %. However, there are some nasty excersises for the under-abs though..

Skills

Snitch
I think he just has poor metabolism, gains weight easily and especially to his belly. Have that too, been doing fitness for over a year but suddenly my belly got fatter whilst doing abs exercises frequently, it's frustrating.
It's surely impossible for a professional athlete to have a poor metabolism with the amount of physical activity they do. He's just a fat bastard with a really poor diet.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
It's surely impossible for a professional athlete to have a poor metabolism with the amount of physical activity they do. He's just a fat bastard with a really poor diet.
Mwah you never know, just like Gotze he might have an illness. Wouldnt be the first player to be a bit chunkier. Rooney for example in some stages wasnt fit at all, Shaw. It's hard to judge as bodies are very different.

Gopher Brown

He's scored 25 goals already this season. If he's performing then it doesn't matter if he was 30 stone.

dbs235

36 goals in serie A. Juve must be banking on the club's winning mentality offsetting his bottler mentality in CL
Other than missing that chance in the WC final, what else has he bottled? Saw almost nothing of him at Napoli so can't really comment, and I can't remember too much of him from Madrid.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Other than missing that chance in the WC final, what else has he bottled? Saw almost nothing of him at Napoli so can't really comment, and I can't remember too much of him from Madrid.
The Copa America final of 2015?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
For the NT
-Copa America
-World Cup
-Copa America again i think?

For Club
Real
vs Lyon, Barca and Borussia

Napoli
vs Lazio - if he scored the pen Napoli would have qualified for the UCL

Last edited:

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
He is clearly incapable of playing in big games for Argentina and it's a mental block that keeps getting bigger with every passing tournament.

With that being said, Aguero is even worse for Argentina. International football is different from club football.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The lyon game still gives me night terrors.

RooneyLegend

Still don't understand why the spent so much money on him. You'd think if a club was ever going to shell out that sort of dosh they'd sign a player that'll spend at least 5 prime years there.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Did he have problems with weight before his back surgery for Madrid after their title-winning season?

Member 5225

Still don't understand why the spent so much money on him. You'd think if a club was ever going to shell out that sort of dosh they'd sign a player that'll spend at least 5 prime years there.
yeah, so odd

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It's as simple as it gets - they just got a shitload of cash and they needed a world class striker; he was their only option with Suarez, Lewandowski, Aguero, Cavani etc. being unavailable (and Ibrahimovic being too old to build a team around him).

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Also, this thread makes me think of the "football was shit before the 90's" one. A player in Higuain's physical shape can score lots today but, say, Matthews would be a Championship level player and Pele won't be that special :lol:

cyberman

Because they needed a top name to replace Pogba since they lost their star man to an English side who were in the EL. The only problem is no top player in their prime will go to Italy, especially in the world record transfer range. Higuain was as close as they could get.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Caf really underrates higuain tho.
Easily top 3 in the world in his position over the last 2 seasons. There's no player in the PL as good as him atm

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Caf really underrates higuain tho.
Easily top 3 in the world in his position over the last 2 seasons. There's no player in the PL as good as him atm
I think a lot of MUFC fans are a little irate that we got Pogba, who has not made much impact or taken us to another level.
Meanwhile, Juve took the Pogba money and bought Higuain who has made immediate impact.
He may be fat, but he is better at finishing that most, if not all, of our attackers.

Juve are currently leading their league and are still in the CL, due to face Barca, soon.
MUFC, by comparison, are in 6th place, in the league.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
He's had this reputation even before that WC in his time in Real Madrid. It's not like he's bad as he was a very prolific scorer and Mourinho had a nice balance between him, Benzema and Cristiano. The three of them were scoring plenty of goals and being rotated and while Higuaín record in UCL was pretty bad we still had Benzema and Cristiano to score in those matches. I wish we still got him as he provided good competition for Benzema. I don't know how he will do for the current United as I think of him as an Argentinian Chicharito, he gets the job done and is very prolific and clinical but he does depend on the service so Higuaín would be great for any team that already has a defined style of play and only needs someone to put his chances in the net.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think a lot of MUFC fans are a little irate that we got Pogba, who has not made much impact or taken us to another level.
Meanwhile, Juve took the Pogba money and bought Higuain who has made immediate impact.

He may be fat, but he is better at finishing that most, if not all, of our attackers.

Juve are currently leading their league and are still in the CL, due to face Barca, soon.
No. He had this reputation way before Pogba deal.

Rake

Don't think that is the case. Everyone here pretty much agreed that by signing Higuain Juventus are securing the title for the next 2-3 years at least. He is a great goal scorer and everyone acknowledges that. The issue often brought up is that in the passed he often missed crucial chances in important fixtures, hence his reputation of not being able to perform in big matches.

Regarding the impact on the team, a finished article striker which is one of the best in the world would always have a bigger impact than an still developing, although very talented, central midfielder. Not to mention that in the modern game attackers get most of the attention.