g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Gotham - TV series

Woodzy

I'm enjoying it, but it's evidently not a great show. In fact, the second episode was very 'Adam West' in parts.

Where did The Joker appear in the pilot, out of interest?

Lastwolf

I must have missed the joker reference myself, I think they hinted at the Court of Owls, but I dunno if I'm imagining that.

Drifter

American
I'm enjoying it, but it's evidently not a great show. In fact, the second episode was very 'Adam West' in parts.

Where did The Joker appear in the pilot, out of interest?
I'm guessing it was that comedian in the nightclub.

Ekeke

I hate how Fish Mooney's henchman is perfect to play Harvey Bullock, while Harvey Bullock's casting is a load of bollocks

Drifter

American
Second episode was worse than the pilot. And with channel 5 picking up the rights to show it in the uk. I don't fancy it's chances.

Lastwolf

If this doesn't pick up drastically in the next few episodes, this shit is never making season 2.

It confuses me how a smaller network (theCW) does a 400% better job with a second string superhero in the Arrow, even early Smallville wasn't this bad, that might be nostalgia talking though.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
This is complete garbage. Just awful.

:lol: how anyone can say they enjoy the dialogue. Possibly one of the worst written shows I've seen.

Whiteside1985

I thought the pilot was disappointing. I hoped for something more in the spirit of the Frank Miller 'Batman: year One' vibe. I'll try one or two more, but not great so far.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I'm going to take you guys word for it. I downloaded the first 3 episodes but have so many other things to watch.
Deleting it now. I'm sick of Batman anyway to be honest. It's been done to death.

Drifter

American
Balloon man? , really?. The show deteriorates more and more every episode.

Lastwolf

bad guy was bit fecked, but I thought this episode showed some promise, if they can aim more in that direction it could be decent.

Whiteside1985

I gave it 3 episodes, but I've sacked it.
Script is pretty cliched, the Harvey Bullock character is particularly bad.
I think the Penguin is about the only promising character.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I've actually really liked it. About a million times better than Agents of Shields first episodes anyway (I havent watched further than episode 4)

The best thing about it is how corrupt the city feels. Much more corrupt than in arrow or even the batman movies.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I enjoyed the first episode, hopefully this show keeps me interested.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I watched it on Channel5. It was ok so i'll give it a chance, but I hardly watch anything on that channel as it shows anything that generally shit, particularly these US import shows.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
The problem for me the Batman universe is it's all so smug. That's why I haven't watched this yet.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Saw the first episode and I thought it was decent enough. Prefer Agents of Shield to this though.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Its not bad but also not great. I like the general story and some of the smaller roles are decent. The biggest problem is, that the main character is the standard holywood white knight, which is fairly boring. The producers should have either created a much darker setting or they should have taken the comic-over-the-top way (e.g. sin city), where shit hits the fan, while not being really serious about it.
The producers decided to go the middle way where the main characters end up as uninteresting douches.

Drifter

American
Watched episodes 4 and 5 .Seems to be improving ,but what is the point of Fish Mooney and when did Barbara become a Bi .

JP77

Don't understand the hate on here at all (In fairness it is the Caf which hates on 95% of anything created in life).

Just did a marathon watch and watched all seven episodes, loving it so far.

ha_rooney

I think it's ok. Not as good as I had hoped though.

Penguin's the best character by far at the moment.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
The ratings say it will probably be cancelled soon.
I won't miss it. It's not very good.

Minkaro

My main problem with it, apart from it being completely average (aside from the already-mentioned Penguin), is that I don't really see where they can go with it without fecking up the Batman timeline. The really cool things they can do, like the emergence of The Joker, or whichever main bad guy you want, is going to have to wait until Batman is a thing, and when that happens then there's no point in Gotham anymore because Batman's here, so you'd clearly focus on him. Watching it makes me feel like I'm waiting for something to happen that simply can't happen. It's like going to a football match to watch the warm-up, then leaving before the kick-off.

Drifter

American
Well that was a nothing episode. Eight episodes in and there's still no idea of what direction it wants to go.

Adebesi

Just watched a whole load of these in the last few days. Have to say Im surprised by the negativity in here, I think it is pretty good. I enjoyed Arrow well enough as well but this is miles better than that, for me. Arrow flew a bit close to Lost for me with the whole secret, mysterious island angle.

The negative is having that guy from The OC as Gordon. I think they could have cast him better. But his partner is very good, Penguin is good, I think they have a good balance with Bruce Wayne developing in the background and the gang rivalry in the fore.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Just watched a whole load of these in the last few days. Have to say Im surprised by the negativity in here, I think it is pretty good. I enjoyed Arrow well enough as well but this is miles better than that, for me. Arrow flew a bit close to Lost for me with the whole secret, mysterious island angle.

The negative is having that guy from The OC as Gordon. I think they could have cast him better. But his partner is very good, Penguin is good, I think they have a good balance with Bruce Wayne developing in the background and the gang rivalry in the fore.
Kept up with the US on this and just watched the 10th episode. Not perfect, but a good enjoyable series. Penguin is brilliant.

Last edited:

Lastwolf

Alfred going ham was great, he most frustrating thing about this show is that bits of it are really quite good and interesting but most of it is shit.

After I see an episode, I really wanna watch a show just about a young Bruce and how he forges himself in Batman.

Loublaze

ATLien
Surprised at the general dislike. I enjoy this show more than I do Arrow. Penguin is a great character

Loublaze

ATLien
Don't understand the hate on here at all (In fairness it is the Caf which hates on 95% of anything created in life).

Just did a marathon watch and watched all seven episodes, loving it so far.
The dialog and acting is much better than Arrow and SHIELD to be honest.

ha_rooney

I think the first half of the season has been decent. It's still a bit boring and the characters lack personality (except penguin and recently Alfred) but I think it's got slightly better as the season has progressed.

Hate how most of these US shows have a mid-season break.

Loublaze

ATLien
I think the first half of the season has been decent. It's still a bit boring and the characters lack personality (except penguin and recently Alfred) but I think it's got slightly better as the season has progressed.

Hate how most of these US shows have a mid-season break.
Its a recent thing but most shows don't have them. Don't like it either