Government will attempt to prorogue Parliament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
It's a delaying tactic ultimately from what I can gather. On the 14th October Parliament restarts, but all discussions previously have been closed. Meaning that it starts all over again, so the last few weeks of discussions have effectively been rendered obsolete. It's a method of increasing the chances of a no deal brexit ultimately.
We want to know if a British company will be making the jackboots though.

Smores

It literally states why in the first line. To suspend the current session. To shut down all that went before and start fresh.

Now ministers have to start again, for everything that wasn't passed.

This of course takes time, and with a 31st October deadline, time is lacking.
I'm not asking for the consequence of propagation. I'm asking you why you think Boris wants to suspend parliament? The answer isn't to suspend parliament

Can you give me another time propogation which usually takes a couple of days took a month since you think it takes time?

WensleyMU

I'm not asking for the consequence of propagation. I'm asking you why you think Boris wants to suspend parliament? The answer isn't to suspend parliament

Can you give me another time propogation which usually takes a couple of days took a month since you think it takes time?
Following parliamentary processes with regards to tabling bills takes time.

And hes doing it to either force no deal, bring back Mays failed WA deal or to call the bluff of all opposed to brexit, be it the EU or remain voting MP's.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Aye, it's pretty clever ultimately. Twats.
It's clever in the same way that pushing into a queue so you can wait less time is clever.

In that it isn't really clever at all, it's just that most people wouldn't do it even if they're a bit of a twat.

Ultimately it's impossible it won't do more damage than good.

nimic

something nice
Scout
The only thing this thread is missing is WeasteDevil telling us how this proves yet again that British Democracy is unparalleled in history, and is perfect in every way.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
There's nothing to stop a united opposition meeting whilst Parliament is 'prorogued' and actually formulating some kind of a plan to bring to the house when it's back in session. Save all the usual huffing and puffing whilst they disagree on everything.

TashHag: Can a loss be a win?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The only thing this thread is missing is WeasteDevil telling us how this proves yet again that British Democracy is unparalleled in history, and is perfect in every way.
Today, I have been thinking about this post.

I don't like this any more than you but there is an awful lot of standing on the sidelines and hand-wringing on this thread. All this 'pointing out' to us thick Brits by you, Paul and others is not helping.

We have a parliamentary system in this country that is one of the oldest on the planet and has been the blueprint for countless other democracies.

We had a democratic referendum. Now you can argue until you are blue in the face about whether it should have taken place or what the question should have been or what leave meant.

But by making comments like that Tusk is not just insulting the Brexiters he's laughing at 17.4 million British people. This will be meat and drink to the hard-liners.

Look, this thing will be sorted one way or another. What the fallout will be, nobody knows. I fear the worst. But it will be sorted and the world will move on.

Drifter

American
Former Tory deputy prime minister Lord Heseltine has released a statement on today's news.

It reads: "On hearing the news whilst on holiday in Montenegro, I am appalled by the government's announcement.

"The government's decision is a constitutional outrage.

"A government which is frightened of Parliament is frightened of democracy.

"I hope that every member of Parliament, in feeling this humiliation, will use every legal and constitutional weapon to obstruct a government proposing to force on the British people a historic change for which they have long since lost any mandate."

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Status
Not open for further replies.