Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

Chief123

If I start a job in 2010, a new one in 2020 and another in 2022, it’s fraudulent to suggest I’ve had 3 jobs in 3 years. But it’s also factually correct.

Jordan is an absolute thunderCnut.

Had he pointed out to Souness that De Zerbi spent 3 years at one club and moved to a better one, that ended early due to global politics… that’s a football chat.

Reframing a single period of Souness’ career is just pathetic and the fella does it all the time. He’s not bright. He’s well spoken. Exact same formula that bewitches people in the country all the damn time.
Isn’t that Souness’s job to establish that before criticising De Zerbi for constantly changing jobs?

Amazing Santos

If I had 50m I would just enjoy life, rather than go on television and Talkshite whining every day.

If there was a list, Jordan would probably still be in the top 10 of cnuts in the UK at the moment.

Shut up and enjoy your life.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Simon 'I was good enough to be a professional footballer but I just wasn't interested' Jordan is a tosser. He has nothing to say of any merit in my opinion, but because of how he articulates himself people think he's some sort of savant. He's the sort of twat who'd try to flog crypto in a youtube ad filmed in his private pool.

Gandalf

Does Simon Jordan ever shut the feck up? You did well in business now jog on trying to talk to a multiple european cup winning midfielder about football ffs. I hate that show.
Well when that footballer is Souness it is fairly probable that whatever Jordan said was right, the average 5 year old could talk rings around that old mysoginist about football or anything else you care to discuss. He is a thick as shite caveman trading on his reputation when he was a fecking dreadful manager and an even worse pundit.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Well when that footballer is Souness it is fairly probable that whatever Jordan said was right, the average 5 year old could talk rings around that old mysoginist about football or anything else you care to discuss. He is a thick as shite caveman trading on his reputation when he was a fecking dreadful manager and an even worse pundit.
He was a wonderful player and he won more in management than most have ever won at the top level. Certainly not a guy to be discounted.

Grande

I like Souness. I think he often have good points about football and is one of the better out there together with people like Keane, Neville, Carragher and so on.

Sure, sometimes you don't agree with him but you can tell that he knows football when he talks.
Funny, I was going to write exactly the opposite. He’s like one of those manager’s that never understands that there are different ways to manage and succeed, or one of those players who never gets that there are different roles on the pitch, with different tasks, and different ways to performe a role. He sounds to me like he’s really good at simplifying a complex picture so as to be an efficient DM in the 80’s, a dubious coach in the 90’s and a useless analytic in this millenium.

BerryBerryShrew

What's really frustrating about all of the media narrative is the assumption that we begged Ronaldo to stay in the summer. We clearly would have let him go had any club wanted him, but any club that Ronaldo wanted to move to were insisting that we pay most of his wages. I'd expect Souness to not understand that, but Jordan should have mentioned it.

And in fairness, love him or hate him, but Graeme's "I never knew what the bench felt like" line was a real mike-drop moment.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What's really frustrating about all of the media narrative is the assumption that we begged Ronaldo to stay in the summer. We clearly would have let him go had any club wanted him, but any club that Ronaldo wanted to move to were insisting that we pay most of his wages. I'd expect Souness to not understand that, but Jordan should have mentioned it.

And in fairness, love him or hate him, but Graeme's "I never knew what the bench felt like" line was a real mike-drop moment.
There was a hell of a lot speculation dressed up as fact from Souness on Monday when he was blabbering on about what was and wasn't said to Ronaldo by ETH. Maybe ETH has maintained all along, if you want to go, find yourself a new club and we will cut our losses, if not then you will play by my rules.

Gandalf

Chanced upon Souness talking about the Ronaldo situation last night whilst looking to kill a few minutes, it was a YouTube video from earlier in the day I think. He went on and on about how ETH was to blame and was fabricating this entire conversation where ETH supposedly convinced Ronaldo not to leave in the summer by promising him game time and had to talk Ronaldo around after Ronaldo had demanded a transfer. I just cannot understand why pundits get a free pass for being so utterly ignorant of the facts they are commenting on. The most casual football fans are well aware that he stayed because nobody wanted him and despite it being obvious he wanted to leave he made a point of never actually asking for a move. If you cannot do even the most basic homework you should not be taking money for running your mouth.

redshaw

Painful to listen to, just constant over the top semantic interruptions.

I get possibly the need to be a bit confrontational but this is Talk Sport Asylum.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Why do people feel compelled to take a side in any disagreement, even one bewteen two obvious idiots on a platform designed to irk to get a reaction?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
What’s your issue with the way Jordan Peterson talks?
There aren’t enough languages or words to express how painfully stupid that man is. He’s a constant word salad spouting ghoul. He always sounds like he’s making some breathtaking new hot take. But his beginning, middles and ends are completely divorced from each other. His conclusions live in fantasy land and only dumb people seem to get conned by him. Make of that what you will.

He has exceptional cadence, a good vocabulary, he’s engaging, and looks like a compelling speaker. But it’s just absolute nonsense. Nothing he says stands up to any kind of scrutiny and small minded men that genuinely need a role model, should put his picture up on the fridge as indication of how to do everything wrong.

Ghastly human being.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
There aren’t enough languages or words to express how painfully stupid that man is. He’s a constant word salad spouting ghoul. He always sounds like he’s making some breathtaking new hot take. But his beginning, middles and ends are completely divorced from each other. His conclusions live in fantasy land and only dumb people seem to get conned by him. Make of that what you will.

He has exceptional cadence, a good vocabulary, he’s engaging, and looks like a compelling speaker. But it’s just absolute nonsense. Nothing he says stands up to any kind of scrutiny and small minded men that genuinely need a role model, should put his picture up on the fridge as indication of how to do everything wrong.

Ghastly human being.
I couldn't agree more with this.

Withnail

Chanced upon Souness talking about the Ronaldo situation last night whilst looking to kill a few minutes, it was a YouTube video from earlier in the day I think. He went on and on about how ETH was to blame and was fabricating this entire conversation where ETH supposedly convinced Ronaldo not to leave in the summer by promising him game time and had to talk Ronaldo around after Ronaldo had demanded a transfer. I just cannot understand why pundits get a free pass for being so utterly ignorant of the facts they are commenting on. The most casual football fans are well aware that he stayed because nobody wanted him and despite it being obvious he wanted to leave he made a point of never actually asking for a move. If you cannot do even the most basic homework you should not be taking money for running your mouth.
I just watched that and had the same thoughts. The whole basis for his argument was an invention of his own mind. Its pretty outrageous seeing as no club was genuinely in for Ronaldo so neither ten Hag nor anyone else at the club would have needed to persuade him to stay or make any promises at all.

Suggesting Ronaldo wanted to leave due to a lack of game time was odd as well seeing as he was first choice last season so I've no idea what he was basing that on. If Jordan had anything about him he would have shown Souness up a lot more for talking nonsense. I strongly suspect the no one will remember ten Hag in 5 years line will come back to bite him in the ass.

RedOrange

He was a wonderful player and he won more in management than most have ever won at the top level. Certainly not a guy to be discounted.
Half decent at Rangers and shite everywhere else. He was not a good manager.

MUFC OK

How embarrassing. His agenda against us has been clear for years but he's willing to make himself look increasingly clueless in his attempts to force it. Clearly doesn't really watch our games.

justsomebloke

It is little bit hard to listen to someone who's football club went into administration and while he was chairman of that club, he pretty much hired and fired manager like it was a computer game.

Sure, he can say some clever things but he is no place to criticise Souness.
What, do you think Souness starts off from a position of some credibility and authority? He was a colossally incompetent manager, with the track record to prove it. And generally delivers further nourishment to the perception almost every time he opens his mouth. He is not someone whose opinion or judgment I have any respect for whatsoever.

Chief123

At this point, he is being used by the show and the presenter and he doesn’t even realise it.

Chairman Steve

Talksport is a radio station that is tabloid through and through in nature. They make money and gain attention by making these contrarian opinions to get the gullible demographic to call or text in. If they knew they could make a years worth of revenue in one day by saying Hitler did nothing wrong and opening the phone lines, they’d absolutely do it.