Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I really disliked IV. I know a lot of people liked Niko but I just couldn’t get into his character. felt a step down from GTA San Andreas.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I'll never forget IV because I completed it a few days before my GCSE's so ended up plagiarising the story and got an A* in English Language.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Agreed. I recently purchased GTAIV on g2a (originally played it on the 360) and the story was way more engaging than the one in V. Admittedly though, IV's gameplay is nowhere near as engaging and the city is not nearly as interesting or nice to look at. Obviously that's partly down to improving graphics, but San Andreas and V both nailed the more casual feel that I feel like GTA should have, whereas for the fourth one they tried to go with a more serious feel to it. Didn't really work for everybody.

Story wise though, I definitely much preferred 4. It left a lasting impression on me, I still remember all the characters (before I started replaying) and the choices that you make. I don't really remember much from V, it was a really fun game to play but it had no lasting impact on me. Characters like Trevor were fun I guess, but for me it wasn't a rockstar game where I came away loving the characters, which is something I did get from GTA IV and others like RDR. I guess others would disagree though, so it's all about opinions.
Yeah, IV's story had a complex criminal underworld and a lot of interesting and engaging characters as you progressed. Dimitri was a good villain too. SA probably got the balance perfect for when it came out - the story is a bit sillier than IV but still felt like it had some depth due to the betrayals etc.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah, IV's story had a complex criminal underworld and a lot of interesting and engaging characters as you progressed. Dimitri was a good villain too. SA probably got the balance perfect for when it came out - the story is a bit sillier than IV but still felt like it had some depth due to the betrayals etc.
Jimmy Pegorino was great too. His desperacy to become relevant again by any means necessary. I kinda felt sorry for him to be honest, he was basically a joke to other characters in the series. Definitely got some 'Sopranos' vibes off him, he was head of the lowest of the families in terms of reputation and was bitter because of that, so was constantly trying to patch up his fragile ego.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I really disliked IV. I know a lot of people liked Niko but I just couldn’t get into his character. felt a step down from GTA San Andreas.
The world was a big step down, there was basically nothing interesting to do when you completed the story. Niko seems a bit like marmite, I personally loved him and felt he had an interesting past, but I know others that thought he was wooden. The story and characters though I do think were vastly superior to V.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
IV took the "realism" a step too far, but it's tongue in cheek humour was better than Vs which was a let down for me in that regard. Where IV had the return of Lazlo on the radio and had interesting mission characters, V had on the nose jokes about Facebook/Apple (LifeInvader, how subtle...) and generally didn't sit right with me. Neither hits the parody levels of the PS2 era games though, which I've really missed.

I've just realised that that's such a twatty thing to complain about.

Lay

One thing I dislike about V are the radio stations. Don't like many songs. The talk show ones are okay at best.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
The next game better be in Vice City, I've waited long enough FFS.
I don't think it would exclusively be Vice City. Florida, unfortunately has no terrain other than grass, swamp, and beach. Having mountains and such make for a lot of good activities. Now if they include Vice City as part of a whole US package with San Andreas, Liberty City, and Vice City... :drool:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Seems like a version of Boston would be pretty neat too between the unique cityscape and the surrounding hills and coastal regions. Also great excuse to use Bostonian accents.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It should be the entire United States. All of it.

Also instead of 3 protagonists to switch between there's 27.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I don't think it would exclusively be Vice City. Florida, unfortunately has no terrain other than grass, swamp, and beach. Having mountains and such make for a lot of good activities. Now if they include Vice City as part of a whole US package with San Andreas, Liberty City, and Vice City... :drool:
As long as Vice City is part of it and I can just play that bit over and over then I'll be happy. Liberty City would be great to have too, I'm not bothered about San Andreas though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just put Online on for the first time. Got invited to someone's club with Tale of Us playing :lol: They've actually done it really well. Only 3.999 mill off my own.

Lay

Just put Online on for the first time. Got invited to someone's club with Tale of Us playing :lol: They've actually done it really well. Only 3.999 mill off my own.
Haven't done that mission yet but I used to love playing online. Was pretty much a daily ritual. Probably the best gaming experience I've had.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Haven't done that mission yet but I used to love playing online. Was pretty much a daily ritual. Probably the best gaming experience I've had.
I think I need people I know in there really, but I'm too late to the party for that.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Seems like a version of Boston would be pretty neat too between the unique cityscape and the surrounding hills and coastal regions. Also great excuse to use Bostonian accents.
I like the idea of them visiting a new city like Boston or Chicago or Detroit maybe.

Even one set in a southern city bordering Mexico (RDR style) would have the potential to be interesting. Allow the game to keep its American roots (which is where the satire works best) while potentially opening up new opportunities by including another country as well. Could maybe make for a good Cartel based story or something like that too.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I like the idea of them visiting a new city like Boston or Chicago or Detroit maybe.

Even one set in a southern city bordering Mexico (RDR style) would have the potential to be interesting. Allow the game to keep its American roots (which is where the satire works best) while potentially opening up new opportunities by including another country as well. Could maybe make for a good Cartel based story or something like that too.
I reckon New Orleans would be worth a shot. It's one of the more unique cities we have in this country and can still represent the satire well. You could also have it related to drug trade along the Mississippi River and Delta.

Lay

I reckon New Orleans would be worth a shot. It's one of the more unique cities we have in this country and can still represent the satire well. You could also have it related to drug trade along the Mississippi River and Delta.
Wasn’t Mafia 3 set in New Orleans?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
If I played this on PS3 is it worth picking up on PS4 now it's down to £16 on PSN?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Same

I barely played it on PS4.
I quite like the idea of playing it in first person but not sure if it's something I'll just get bored of because ultimately I'm just doing the same stuff again.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Finished it a few times on PS4, yet I'd buy it again if they managed to wedge it on the Switch somehow.
After seeing how badly WWE 2k18 ran on the switch I think the thing might actually explode trying to run a GTA V port.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Started playing this. How the feck do I do that yoga mission, the fecker just fails for no reason.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Started playing this. How the feck do I do that yoga mission, the fecker just fails for no reason.
It's not that hard. You must be understanding it wrong. Try to keep your controler stable and then slowly spin the analogs to the given position and hold them there. Then to change positions don't drop them, just spin them again slowly. You don't need to do it very quickly but when you reach it you have to hold still.