Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Balljy

I was positive they were trolling us and would end the show with GTA VI....but no. Thought there was no way they would start a PS5 show with a PS3 game.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
GTA V was a PS3 game. They’ve already done “rerelease for next gen” when they brought it out for PS4.

Giving it another minor polish and releasing it again for PS5 would truly be taking the piss out of the fanbase, who would react in the only way they understand by buying it en masse.
Told you so. With the bit about being able to install single player/multiplayer bits of a game separately, I should have gone with my gut and said that they'd release GTA Online bit for free as well which they did announce. So damn predictable.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I am still playing on ps3 but I love this game so much I’m planning on buying a PS4 as the online looks so much better. It’s likely the only game il ever play on there so it’s a bit of a waste to pay about £250 for a game I have already hammered but gta is just too good.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I guess one positive for those playing next gen is the install speeds should be quicker. Been here for the past hour waiting for the game to finish installing just so I can claim the $1M bonus in online for the month. Not that I've played it in years.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Absolutely loved this game but wish it would die now. Sick of it. We need a new GTA.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They could well be cashing in on it once again only to bring a new one out a year later. Hopefully.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I guess one positive for those playing next gen is the install speeds should be quicker. Been here for the past hour waiting for the game to finish installing just so I can claim the $1M bonus in online for the month. Not that I've played it in years.
The loading times kill me. If it loaded in a second id probably play it all the time.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Absolutely loved this game but wish it would die now. Sick of it. We need a new GTA.
How a game take 7+ years to develop is what I don’t get. Surely technology has changed during those 7 years, and how do they know what the console is capable of for whenever they eventually release the game?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I only ever got as far as a mission with a dog searching for someone I don't think that is very far in. Now I've finished RDR2 and Witcher 3 though I have reinstalled this to go through next.

Suv666

RDR2's presentation was amazing, its gameplay and missions was absolute wank. Excellent breakdown of RDR2's, and Rockstar's, problems...

TL;DW? Watch from 2:25 for a minute to see the imagination you used to be able to use (I actually did something similar in that mission but I made a roadblock with a bin lorry instead!) and then watch from 8:00 for 2 minutes to see the complete lack of imagination in Rockstar's mission design nowadays.

Great vid.
RDR2 was such a disappointment. The story was meh, I didnt care about the characters at all and the missions were very repetitive.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Great vid.
RDR2 was such a disappointment. The story was meh, I didnt care about the characters at all and the missions were very repetitive.
Yeah, was a bit shitty how it forced you to do everything their way, but the setting was amazing, the story wasn't great but wasn't pants either. It's main draw was just doing wtf you wanted when you weren't in a mission tbh.

rcoobc

Great vid.
I think that the title of that video is wrong, although the video itself is okay.

But you look at modern AAA game design and there are two schools of thought for single player games.

Open world games; Horizon Zero Dawn, Assassins Creed, Breath of the Wild, Spider-Man PS4, etc

Story-driven linear games; Uncharted, Last of Us, God of War, (I really thought there were more games like this).

RDR2 is an attempt to bridge those two worlds.

Suv666

Yeah, was a bit shitty how it forced you to do everything their way, but the setting was amazing, the story wasn't great but wasn't pants either. It's main draw was just doing wtf you wanted when you weren't in a mission tbh.
Yeah it wasnt piss but bang average. You move to a town, Pinkertons arrive, you leave, rinse and repeat. I expected so much more. They focused too much on attention to detail and useless shite like balls shrinking in the winter. GTA V was much better in terms of plot and missions.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I think that the title of that video is wrong, although the video itself is okay.

But you look at modern AAA game design and there are two schools of thought for single player games.

Open world games; Horizon Zero Dawn, Assassins Creed, Breath of the Wild, Spider-Man PS4, etc

Story-driven linear games; Uncharted, Last of Us, God of War, (I really thought there were more games like this).

RDR2 is an attempt to bridge those two worlds.
Youve probably struggled to list the linear games because they generally end up as multiple games releasing within a couple years of each other , uncharted 1-4 for example, whereas the open world's tend to last much longer between sequels if at all.

Tomb raider also a good example of a linear game.

rcoobc

Youve probably struggled to list the linear games because they generally end up as multiple games releasing within a couple years of each other , uncharted 1-4 for example, whereas the open world's tend to last much longer between sequels if at all.

Tomb raider also a good example of a linear game.
Yeah but Tomb Raider isn't really story-driven.

What story?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yeah it wasnt piss but bang average. You move to a town, Pinkertons arrive, you leave, rinse and repeat. I expected so much more. They focused too much on attention to detail and useless shite like balls shrinking in the winter. GTA V was much better in terms of plot and missions.
Any game set in modern day was going to be much easier to make missions and story for because we have so much more now.

Games set in the past are always going to be a bit boring if they keep true to life as a lot of their day to day life was boring too.

Obviously they could have done so much more but I kinda understand why they did it the way they did. If you do all the side stuff between missions it breaks it up pretty well.. it's a game in definitely going back to just so I can explore more of the world without bothering about completing the missions apart from when I want to unlock more (if I still have my save I'll just use that tbh)

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yeah but Tomb Raider isn't really story-driven.

What story?
Something about some people who did something to someone she knew?

There is very little story there tbh, but there is one somewhere :lol: alot of it is filler though, I don't give a shit about people's letters or collectibles. Whereas in TLOU I listened and read everything I found because it all seemed to add to the story just about.

Lennon7

Red Dead 2 was great in general. The world is beautiful, full of stuff to do, and the gameplay is good. A lot could’ve been better and although the mission structure is fecking shite, the characters and story is pretty good. I certainly felt a connection with the characters.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Red Dead 2 was great in general. The world is beautiful, full of stuff to do, and the gameplay is good. A lot could’ve been better and although the mission structure is fecking shite, the characters and story is pretty good. I certainly felt a connection with the characters.
With Arthur yeah... After that, feck the game. Spend fecking hours making the right choices, building him up, for that. Made me feel empty and just wanted to get to the end of the game.

Lennon7

With Arthur yeah... After that, feck the game. Spend fecking hours making the right choices, building him up, for that. Made me feel empty and just wanted to get to the end of the game.
Nah, it was done well I thought. The fact that you felt empty proves that. It was a moving ending and in line with the theme of both games. My only issue with the story were the shit shoot shoot run run shoot run shoot mission structures.

Suv666

Any game set in modern day was going to be much easier to make missions and story for because we have so much more now.

Games set in the past are always going to be a bit boring if they keep true to life as a lot of their day to day life was boring too.

Obviously they could have done so much more but I kinda understand why they did it the way they did. If you do all the side stuff between missions it breaks it up pretty well.. it's a game in definitely going back to just so I can explore more of the world without bothering about completing the missions apart from when I want to unlock more (if I still have my save I'll just use that tbh)
Yeah fair enough. I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption more then RDR2 though, maybe I have been spoiled by modern games but strip off the fancy graphics and the irrelevant details its an above average game, nothing special. That being said, it is a major accomplishment, the richness of the world is unprecedented.

Suv666

I dont care about GTA 6, just give me the Bully sequel. Please Rockstar :(

rcoobc

Really? I'm not sure about that.

The Last of Us is one of the best story-driven games and that takes a lot of stuff away from the modern word; cars, people etc. Red Dead Redemption, (both of them) have fantastic stories. GTA Vice City has the best story of the lot.

How about a story set in Roman Europe where you start off as a kid in a local Spanish village, helping your family do errands and getting up to the stuff that kids do. Next thing you know Romans Legionnaires have sacked the town and all hell is breaking loose and you are trying to stop your mother from being raped by soldiers. Flash forward 10 years and you're a member of the Roman army yourself and crusading around the country.

There are a myriad of stories and games you can make set in the past. I don't think they are harder, maybe are just more niche?

Shark

@NotShark
Anyone here gonna buy this shite?
Wish GTA V would just piss off now tbh. Just like TES Skyrim it's been milked dry and both Bethesda and Rockstar need to get their act together and at least announce what's coming next, it's been 7 or so years .

SuperiorXI

Wish GTA V would just piss off now tbh. Just like TES Skyrim it's been milked dry and both Bethesda and Rockstar need to get their act together and at least announce what's coming next, it's been 7 or so years .
GTA V was a great game, but the storyline was crap. I want a new GTA, they need to set it somewhere interesting, with a political backdrop like they did with GTA SA and the LA riots.

Shark

@NotShark
GTA V was a great game, but the storyline was crap. I want a new GTA, they need to set it somewhere interesting, with a political backdrop like they did with GTA SA and the LA riots.
It was a great game, but hope they go back to a solo character in GTA 6 and then introduce DLC as an option to play as other characters, similar to GTA 4. I'd love for San Andreas RPG elements to make a return also, if done right. Think GTA V definitely took a knock story wise for being focused on three characters.

SuperiorXI

It was a great game, but hope they go back to a solo character in GTA 6 and then introduce DLC as an option to play as other characters, similar to GTA 4. I'd love for San Andreas RPG elements to make a return also, if done right. Think GTA V definitely took a knock story wise for being focused on three characters.
Yeah, definitely. I felt the GTA V story, I don't know, it's just a by product of the game, a side show. Whereas GTA SA, the whole game is one. It's very very hard to do, but the next game they deliver I want something as good as GTA SA. Not like they don't have the material.

Bojan11

Bethseda have announced what’s coming. They showed like a two second teaser. The next Elder Scrolls you’d most likely see towards the end of PS5, if we are lucky.

Starfield is their next game and that’s not even close to being done. That’s 3 years off.

ShinjiNinja26

I wish Rockstar would stop palming us off with fecking GTA online content and give us a new game! Could care less about the online, GTA for me is all about the single player. Maybe I’m just old school.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Other than Trevor I felt the characters were pretty weak.

Was Franklin in a gang or not? The area he lived obviously was gang territory and the clothes you could buy reflect that. I want San Andreas style gang stuff though.

Michael was just like a generic tough guy, although he was entertaining.

I’d like a fully fleshed out Lost and the Damned GTA to an rdr2 standard (but with much better shooting), and with plenty of RPG elements like you say.

RUCK4444

Feckin Rockstar, just focus on what you do best and make another GTA you feckin frustrating w@nkers!

Red Dead doesn’t have the longevity and gameplay of a GTA. So much time and money wasted making a second RDR.

Sell the rights if you can’t be arsed making another. Stop with the online content, keep your loyal fans happy and make a new game, stop milking it.