Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
Yep, Radio Gaga did it for me too!

I actually really liked the Franklin one too, even though it was fairly stereotypical.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
September 17th...this carrot dangling is unpleasant. The only possible way I can see it failing is if having three characters nullifies the experience by removing that quality GTA empowerment of having one guy single-handedly conquering a city. There is something fantastic about that.

Still, it just looks absolutely amazing.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
God this is going to eat away at my life, the game looks awesome. I really hope they do a good job on the radio stations.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looks amazing. I'm glad they've gone for the 3 characters now! So glad they've gone down the gangbanger route with Franklin. Loved that in SA. Trevor is what I expected him to be, the psycho. And it'll be nice to have the relatively hinged (in comparison) Michael to play with as well. I'm guessing he'll turn into a mafia type gangster. Or maybe some kind of Walt from BB, where he's hiding everything from his family. Or maybe a bit of both.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
3 characters? I don't get it, how is this game going to be played?

Genius Me!

I'm really going to fall for that one.....

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Have they released story details? If not then what i'd imagine is that you chop and change between the three characters throughout the game and something will happen that will bring them altogether at the end.

I suppose when the story ends you will be able to go to a place to change which character you wish to use at which time in the game.

Genius Me!

That would be cool, but it's hard to imagine them being tied in together, the 3 characters couldn't be any more different.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yeah, the only thing that seems similar is that they all show they're a bit mental. Could be enough of a similarity for a character you do missions for to bring them all together for one last job.

Like how on GTA 4 you did the last mission with Lil Jacob IIRC.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So there was, my bad!

I suppose that changes things a little bit but there might be one main storyline involving all 3 and then they each have their own storylines and missons?

So it will be like 4 stories in one game kind of. Judging by what they have said by the size i wouldn't be surprised.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Jay Rock on the Franklin trailer, oh man, can't wait for this game and the radio stations.

Hal9000

3 characters? I don't get it, how is this game going to be played?
During story missions, which feature more than one character, you can switch between them whilst AI picks up the characters your not controlling.

Then out of missions you can just freely switch, it will zoom out like google earth, locate the character you picked and then drop down onto them. Apparently when you leave a character he'll go about doing normal business, so you may leave him at the gym but come back and find he's chilling at home or something.

Wonder what would happen if you located the other characters out of missions, and ran them down or something.

Genius Me!

During story missions, which feature more than one character, you can switch between them whilst AI picks up the characters your not controlling.

Then out of missions you can just freely switch, it will zoom out like google earth, locate the character you picked and then drop down onto them. Apparently when you leave a character he'll go about doing normal business, so you may leave him at the gym but come back and find he's chilling at home or something.

Wonder what would happen if you located the other characters out of missions, and ran them down or something.
Cheers Hal. This is going to be interesting, can't wait.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This looks fecking unbelievable, I can't wait.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
The characters seem pretty cliche to be honest. I'm not at all bothered, as long as I can press left, right, triangle, up, down, circle, square and spawn a fighter jet.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The characters seem pretty cliche to be honest. I'm not at all bothered, as long as I can press left, right, triangle, up, down, circle, square and spawn a fighter jet.
GTA protagonists have neve been the most multi-layered of people...

Sam

I actually cant wait for this. The last GTA was such a let down, I just really hope this one lives up to expectations, and has that 'fun' feel that all the best GTA's have had.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Apparently they will be a little more info and some more screenshots after 5pm today.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."

I like the look of this.
Hell yeah :cool:

That looks totally foookin awesome. Reckon the wait will be well worth it & i have a feelin it'll be our new favourite game of all-time - until GTA VI comes out :D

3 excellent stories in one game? feckin hell, they really are pushin the boat out for gamers - thats three games they could have made separately & made a mint, so fair play to them for doin this format.

What i love about GTA is that its a crackin movie & you're the lead actor. San Andreas is one of my favourites, so i'm really lookin forward to playin Franklins character. The other characters are shit-cool aswell.

feckin dyin to play this game right the feck now, get a load of brewski's in & not sleep for about a week or more - aging about 3-5 years in the process :D