Gaming Grand Theft Auto VI

Stacks

Still don’t understand why they don’t take GTA to a completely new location. Really should have been one set in the UK by now, London would be a fantastic setting for that type of game.

Quite disappointed actually, was sure they would switch things up this time. Tired of the same old Miami, LA and New York being used repetitively.
Chicago would make more sense.
You can easily add gun crime to any city in a video game, not an issue. As Rado says, GTA is just too centric to the culture of America. That said, I would still love to see it in London. The Getaway was really cool back in the day. London must surely be by far the most reasonable and workable option outside the US. I could see it being a hit.
Sydney or Toronto

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Oh, yeah we don’t do ourselves any favors for our reputation but Latin America is also pretty bad.

Anyways I do think the US is imbedded into the GTA culture too deeply to venture too far away. The only place I would have to preferred to Miami is New Orleans, but that is in part because I love that city.
Indeed setting is part of what makes the game unique. Maybe if they were on a 2-3 year release window it would be somewhat acceptable to have it set anywhere outside US once or twice but they cannot release the next one after 12-14 years wait and put it anywhere they haven’t been yet.

Fully Fledged

You're impossible to take seriously. Unless you're talking about the obviously unfinished textures, it looks much better. There's also the fact that you linked a 1080p YouTube video, while the videos you quoted are low-res videos from Twitter.
The red pick up in the video of the guy with the tank top looks very boxy for one. It looks like something an eighth grader would draw in a digital art class. I know it's not the finished article and they never wanted it to come out but at the moment it is what it is.

Nickosaur

I know they did GTA London, but for me GTA has become so synonymous with US culture. Can't be anywhere else and still have the same impact that makes it such a cultural/satirical work.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Still don’t understand why they don’t take GTA to a completely new location. Really should have been one set in the UK by now, London would be a fantastic setting for that type of game.

Quite disappointed actually, was sure they would switch things up this time. Tired of the same old Miami, LA and New York being used repetitively.
Having played both AC Syndicate and Watch Dogs Legion, I have to disagree with you there chief. London is boring as hell. Id much rather see Hong Kong or Tokyo or Male(Maldives) which actually looks like a real life GTA map

London would have the characters, thats for sure. But as a city Ive always found it kinda crap. And as a playground for a game, it is crap. In my opinion of course.

Having said all that: Enjoy this blast from the past.

hobbers

Having played both AC Syndicate and Watch Dogs Legion, I have to disagree with you there chief. London is boring as hell. Id much rather see Hong Kong or Tokyo or Male(Maldives) which actually looks like a real life GTA map
Boring when written and designed by Ubisoft. They could make anyone and anywhere boring, from vikings to US car culture.

Lampooning London and the UK would take a bit of local knowledge and writing talent and Rockstar are very comfortable sticking with US politics/coastal culture. A big squishy target that always lands.

nimic

something nice
Scout
The red pick up in the video of the guy with the tank top looks very boxy for one. It looks like something an eighth grader would draw in a digital art class. I know it's not the finished article and they never wanted it to come out but at the moment it is what it is.
If you know it's not the finished article, then why are you even commenting? I thought you were talking about something else, but that red pick-up is so incredibly obviously not even close to being done. You might as well complain about the weird text or the lines on the screen.

Fully Fledged

If you know it's not the finished article, then why are you even commenting? I thought you were talking about something else, but that red pick-up is so incredibly obviously not even close to being done. You might as well complain about the weird text or the lines on the screen.
Because it proves the game is still a long way off. With how beautiful RDR2 was on the last consoles there is no way the are shipping GTA6 looking anything like that. I don't just mean textures that truck probably had a low polygon count so either they still have a performance issue or they haven't created all the base assets yet.

Robertd0803

Other than the obvious security issues to sort behind the scenes, is the big deal about the leaks the fact Rockstar now cant do a big reveal of the setting and main characters?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Because it proves the game is still a long way off. With how beautiful RDR2 was on the last consoles there is no way the are shipping GTA6 looking anything like that. I don't just mean textures that truck probably had a low polygon count so either they still have a performance issue or they haven't created all the base assets yet.
The videos are supposedly from 2019 aren’t they?

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
The videos are supposedly from 2019 aren’t they?
Yeah, and they probably started working on it fully around the time RDR2 was released, which would line up. No chance they've only been working on it for a year or two. I think we'll see it in 2024 or 2025. Plenty of time for lots of PS5's and Series S/X to sell, then release GTA Online 2, then a PC version, then a next gen version on the PS6 and whatever another year or two later, then ... profit.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I think you seem to be the only person who thinks they would ship it looking like that.

Not only were the leaks from it running on a relatively mid-spec machine, any assets would be placeholders and not representative of how they would actually look. Creating the assets themselves is one of the easier parts.

I actually think it shows the game is closer than we think, rather than further away.

Fully Fledged

I think you seem to be the only person who thinks they would ship it looking like that.

Not only were the leaks from it running on a relatively mid-spec machine, any assets would be placeholders and not representative of how they would actually look. Creating the assets themselves is one of the easier parts.

I actually think it shows the game is closer than we think, rather than further away.
I think you will find in the post that you replied to that I didn't think they would ship it like that. Then again I never thought that CDPR would ship Cyber Punk in the state that was in so who knows.

b82REZ

I think you will find in the post that you replied to that I didn't think they would ship it like that. Then again I never thought that CDPR would ship Cyber Punk in the state that was in so who knows.
I actually think long term CP2077 has had a positive impact on the industry. Its botched release and subsequent shit show of failed promises to fix it have scared the big publishers IMO. No AAA game will ship until the Devs say it's ready. CDPR had so much goodwill in the bank after the Witcher 3 and that completely evaporated. Plus Rockstar tend to release their single player content at practically 100%.

The Firestarter

The video is from 2019

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Its not a fecking leak. They’ve released this strategically… any downturn in online play with gta online recently?
I suspect you are right about it being strategic. Its an easy way to start to ramp up interest in GTA6 and build up expectations. Not sure if its done because of a possible downturn though, they have made a monstrous amount of money out of the game already. I still play at least once a week, full servers all the time although there was a change a year ago which meant its rare to end up in a small server.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/gta/gta-5-much-money-game-made-till-now

Beans

Supports
Neutral
"Since then, new information has surfaced from well-known Breached - a hacking forum - admin pompompurin. They claim that the culprit is a 16-year-old who has been arrested for similar crimes in the past.

The 16-year-old hacker was accused of being a leader of the cyber-crime team Lapsus$ after being doxxed by former associates. According to pompompurin, the hacker - who goes by White - sent proof in a Telegram chat that they were behind the GTA 6 leaks."

https://www.thegamer.com/gta-6-leaker-rumoured-to-be-16-year-old-hacker/

Balljy

I'm confused where this 2019 footage thing has come from when some of the leaks are running on 3060's and 3080's which weren't released then?

dove

I'm confused where this 2019 footage thing has come from when some of the leaks are running on 3060's and 3080's which weren't released then?
There are loads of videos from various stages of the game dev so it's likely some of the videos are from 2019 while others are much more recent.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
It will definitely be a current gen release. R* usually release their games late in the cycle to capitalise on numbers, then milk it dry with a PC and next gen release.