Granit "The Hacker" Xhaka | Likes his reds

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Now that the dust has settled on his falling out with the Arsenal fans, can we all agree that this boy is one of the worst players that has ever graced the modern Premiership era? An absolutely atrocious footballer who's skill seems to be matched by his cowardice of even getting stuck in. Laughable that he was made captain in the first place.
I don't know about that. Limited midfielder with his uses, probably not utilized the right way by Emery. Turned into a scapegoat by fans ala Ozil.

Halftrack

Now that the dust has settled on his falling out with the Arsenal fans, can we all agree that this boy is one of the worst players that has ever graced the modern Premiership era? An absolutely atrocious footballer who's skill seems to be matched by his cowardice of even getting stuck in. Laughable that he was made captain in the first place.
He's limited and has been largely underwhelming, but he's far from the worst in the modern Premiership era. "Bang average" would be a fair descriptor, which is still pretty hilarious, as Arsenal fans were hyping him up, claiming he'd be better than Pogba.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
He was a joke from the moment he signed.

Remember this? :lol:

Strats

He's limited and has been largely underwhelming, but he's far from the worst in the modern Premiership era. "Bang average" would be a fair descriptor, which is still pretty hilarious, as Arsenal fans were hyping him up, claiming he'd be better than Pogba.
I'd say he's somewhere between "absolutely atrocious footballer" and "bang average". He's far, far from good enough to be starting a team like Arsenal. Squad player at best, which is a stretch.

Based Adnan

I find it hilarious how he acts all billy big bollocks squaring up to players and dishing out challenges but he always ducks in cowardice when a ball gets shot in his direction. Ducked for the goal because he got scared (again).

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Translates to we probably can't find a decent replacement in January so I'll do anything to keep him till he can be shipped out in the summer.

Le Red

I knew that from the first couple of games I saw him playing. As for it taking so long for people to realise it... Oh well.

Red Star One

He really ain’t the smartest cookie, huh? Abysmal player, would truly hate to have him at my club. Ten times worse than Fellaini

Brophs

The One and Only
Holy crap. The Evra anecdote. Brutal.
It’s probably true but I think Evra, being generous, seems like a very unreliable narrator. Quite often his brain seems to catch up to his mouth as he’s talking. It also doesn’t seem like very good form to tell that story on air, funny and all as it is.
Yes! Haven’t listened to them since Wenger. Didn’t know they’d started up again. Will be such a fun binge catching up on this season. The episode “Umai Emery Didn’t Die for This” immediately caught my eye.
I don’t listen every week but the latest one is funny. Alan does very across the line between partisan and football mentalist at times.

danamann

Unpopular opinion but I think Granit Xhaka is a very good player and gets criticized unfairly a lot of the times.

Swiss_Red89

Unpopular opinion but I think Granit Xhaka is a very good player and gets criticized unfairly a lot of the times.
IMO He's definitely not as shit as he is made out to be in England. He has the ability to be class and has played very good games for Arsenal, just lacks a bit of a brain sometimes. Which has made him a liability for Arsenal in some cases.

For our national team, strangely but luckily enough, he plays consistently very well, disciplined and has never had the brainfarts he shows regulary on club level. (The penalty miss at Euro16 from page one was horrible though)