Granit "The Hacker" Xhaka | Likes his reds

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
There you go, he scores a freekick and "he isn't bad" comments pop up. He is still mediocre.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
There you go, he scores a freekick and "he isn't bad" comments pop up. He is still mediocre.
Had a good game yesterday, but I agree in general. I think his game woukd actually suit Serie A, if the Inter rumours are true he should jump at the chance.

Not what Arsenal need going forward of the want to improve that midfield area.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Already had terms agreed with Hertha and then Arteta comes in and convinces him to stay. :lol:

Guy Incognito

Whenever he has two-three incident-free performances, people think he's turned a corner and then bam, today happens. :lol:

There is a reason why Arsenal haven't finished in the top four since he joined.

Swiss_Red89

He’s shite isn’t he
No he isn't.
Todays error was bad of course and unfortunately he shows the odd brainfart but he's a good footballer imo.

Whenever i saw him play for Arsenal this season he was good.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
No he isn't.
Todays error was bad of course and unfortunately he shows the odd brainfart but he's a good footballer imo.

He's made an error vs Leicester too but nobody talked about it cause they won the match.
He's a ticking time bomb

HJ12

I don't know about today's error. I mean, he did mess up, but it's more because of this new-age obsession that the ball needs to be played out from the back, regardless of the risk involved, or whether the team has the players suitable for that. A few season's ago, there'd be no way that ball was played back into him in his position (unless you played for Pep).

Castia

No he isn't.

He’s literally made more errors leading to goals since his debut that anybody in the league, he always looks like he’s a mistake or red card in him in every game.

RashyForPM

I don’t understand how. He’s a number 8, not a CB or the very least, a DM. How does he keep finding himself in positions to gift opponents goals? He can pull off the odd screamer tbf but he’s an absolute calamity waiting to happen most of the time for Arsenal.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
He’s literally made more errors leading to goals since his debut that anybody in the league, he always looks like he’s a mistake or red card in him in every game.
It's almost as if the poster might have some sort of bias towards the swiss national team captain :D

Swiss_Red89

It's almost as if the poster might have some sort of bias towards the swiss national team captain :D
I'm obviously biased no doubt about that.;-)
While he is obviously no Pirlo i just don't think he is as bad as he is made out to be in this thread. There was a poster in here who actually claimed he's the worst player in the PL.

Due to him i relatively often watch the Arsenal Games and i really feel he is doing a solid job in most of them.

While i can see where the criticism is coming from due to him being a bit daft here and there, i still think if he was that shit he wouldn't be in his 5th year for Arsenal. Most of the time as a starting player, under three different managers. And while they are a bit shit in the league he's won 2 FA Cups, 2 Community Shields and reached the Europa League Final with Arsenal as a starting player. So he was hardly a disaster for them.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
He is the only player, which will get a red for this. Just because of his name :D

MUFCAFC

Supports
Charlton, United
Good to see the reformed, captain-material man demonstrating his new composed side.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Quarantine him for the season please

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not surprised. Especially after Ole’s comments — I bet there’s loads of PL players (and across Europe) who are still yet to be vaccinated.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
United have many players who are yet to be vaccinated, Newcastle the same, and apparently this is a clubwide issue, not sure why Xhaka is getting singled out here??

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
United have many players who are yet to be vaccinated, Newcastle the same, and apparently this is a clubwide issue, not sure why Xhaka is getting singled out here??
I'm wondering when players who were involved in the international tournaments would have had time to have it? It's very common for people to feel lethargic for up to a week afterwards and elite sports will be reluctant to have players out for that long. As you say, there must be loads of them.