Granit "The Hacker" Xhaka | Likes his reds

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I doubt Bellingham will go to Arsenal, but the attacking midfield role Arteta has given Xhaka seems perfect for Bellingham. Would have been a really nice fit for Gravenberch too.
Only Man United can afford him for the price BVB quoted. Edu probably will look for cheap (30 to 40m)option in the market. Arsenal needs a right winger and a CDM.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
This thread deserves a bump;)

It always seemed to me it only gets bumped when Xhaka made an error. So no surprise to me that a Swiss on this forum has to Highlight his remarkeable redemption. (from being a scapegot for Arsenal fans to slowly becoming a cult hero)

This season Granit has been absolutely sensational so far. No other way around. I always thought he's a great player. The more advanced role he's playing this season is the best I've ever seen him play though. He seems full of confidence and in better control of his emotions as well.
2 minutes after BT said he was more in control of his emotions and didnt get involved in stupid fights he tried to keep the ball and started a 1v3 brawl :lol:
Football wise his new position completely transformed him and allow him to display his very good attacking technical ability in tight spaces.
Massive credit to him and Arteta for sticking with him when everyone wanted Arsenal to ship him off to Mars.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
2 minutes after BT said he was more in control of his emotions and didnt get involved in stupid fights he tried to keep the ball and started a 1v3 brawl :lol:
Football wise his new position completely transformed him and allow him to display his very good attacking technical ability in tight spaces.
Massive credit to him and Arteta for sticking with him when everyone wanted Arsenal to ship him off to Mars.
He is still exactly the same player as before. It is just Arteta's tactic hide his weakness and plays to his strength.

Swiss_Red89

This thread is a joke.
Have never seen it bumped for positive reasons even after the brilliant season he is having.

Sylar

Arsenal scored a minute later. Was weird thing to do. Right before half time too. It certainly felt game changing

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Wasn't it him fouling in the move just before the Darwin miss?

The commentators went oh, then it was never discussed again...

The referee played advantage but should be coming back for about the most obvious (second) yellow you'll ever see.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Wasn't it him fouling in the move just before the Darwin miss?

The commentators went oh, then it was never discussed again...

The referee played advantage but should be coming back for about the most obvious (second) yellow you'll ever see.
No it was the new lad that came on that I'd never heard of

Swiss_Red89

Boo hoo United fans don't like a rival's player
Nah the described phenomen also applies to United players...there are definitely enough Player Performances threads who are a lot more active after bad performances than after good ones.

Anustart89

Did VAR not look at that? Because I thought you're off as soon as your hands go that high on an opponent? That's what everyone told me when Casemiro was pulled up against Palace.

mu4c_20le

Did more to motivate the scousers than Klopp himself. Could have a future in management.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I know he was close to joining Roma last summer, but I'm still kind of surprised about this. He's improved a lot and has a big role at Arsenal, a club that is definitely heading in the right direction.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I know he was close to joining Roma last summer, but I'm still kind of surprised about this. He's improved a lot and has a big role at Arsenal, a club that is definitely heading in the right direction.

Wow. I’ve always thought he was a prat and he’s been basically a liability for years. But in every Arsenal game I watched this season he’s been absolutely immense. Something I’ve been refusing to acknowledge all season but am happy to say now that he might be leaving :)

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
yeah that's weird, it's probably the only season he's been at Arsenal where their fans haven't hated him.
And there's probably the reason he's leaving. He wanted out a year ago and this season has most likely not been enough to repair that relationship. Could also be that Arteta doesn't see him as the future in their midfield.

Mike Smalling

Strange. Even if they bring in someone like Rice, they are going to need experience and strength in depth in that midfield. And he has improved a lot.

Chairman Steve

I am somewhat amazed he’s only picked up 4 yellow cards in the league this season, when you look at his previous record and how he was a powder keg.

Redandwhite22

Supports
Arsenal
If the fee quotes is legit there’s nothing “high” about any of this.
He's 30, one year left, being offered a 4-year deal, and wants to go to the continent to be closer to home which Arsenal will accommodate and take a bit of a hit on the fee from higher relative EPL wages. I think it's pretty fair fee all things considered.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
And there's probably the reason he's leaving. He wanted out a year ago and this season has most likely not been enough to repair that relationship. Could also be that Arteta doesn't see him as the future in their midfield.
He's a great relationship with the fans now, he's come full circle with the fans.

His wifes family are from close to that region in Germany and I think he's basically had an agreement with Arteta after signing that last contract that he'd be allowed to move this summer.