Television Great British Bake Off | 11th March: Matt Lucas announced as new host

lsd

The Oracle
Im with you but how is Noel any less creepy or unfunny than Matt? They’re both shocking

Noel has stepped up his game this season in he now gives the pep talks to the bakers when they start cracking up when before he left that bit to Sandi

Plus Mr Spoon

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah this has been a trash season.

What makes me laugh is they have obvious favourites they want to go through. One minute they apparantly judge week to week, next they allow on potential or more likely who they think still add a bit of entertainment.

She should have gone long ago. It's like that little shy fella who won in a couple of years back over Ruby and that, he had a shocking week and should have easily gone and yet they let him through because they liked him. Perhaps rightly so as he was the best overall, but the point is they mix and match the criteria.
Reading this makes me feel vindicated for skipping the series after the first episode. Couldn't stand Matt. Noel and Sandi worked fine.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Noel has stepped up his game this season in he now gives the pep talks to the bakers when they start cracking up when before he left that bit to Sandi

Plus Mr Spoon
Ive never liked Noel since he first became famous but to be fair when I watched last season I thought he and Sandi weren’t bad together and he was almost tolerable. She fits the theme of the show more and probably caused him to reign it in a bit. Him and Matt together are awful though, complete lack of wit or charm and a good example of if you can’t be funny then be crude and weird for the sake of weird.

Who will they have next year Frankie Boyle and Cardi B?

hubbuh

Ive never liked Noel since he first became famous but to be fair when I watched last season I thought he and Sandi weren’t bad together and he was almost tolerable. She fits the theme of the show more and probably caused him to reign it in a bit. Him and Matt together are awful though, complete lack of wit or charm and a good example of if you can’t be funny then be crude and weird for the sake of weird.

Who will they have next year Frankie Boyle and Cardi B?
Mighty Boosh was great. Putting Noel in the dunce's corner with Matt Lucas is not on.

stepic

noel is awesomre. matt wasn't great but hey ho. still enjoy the show. glad peter won

still cant get over the fact pru is 80. christ

just started watching some of the older celebrity ones too. the russel brand and james mcaster episdoes were both brilliant

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Rubbish season. Lower standard of baking (no Hermine and that final was a fecking travesty) obviously mars it, but I wouldn't be all that bothered if Matt Lucas wasn't so painfully unfunny and annoying. He's genuinely ruining it. He manages to make those small exchanges with contestants uncomfortable, but not in the funny surreal way Noel does it. Following Peter around and sticking a non existent phone in his face to mimic what his life will be like post Bake Off was an example. It's not even a joke it's just... What actually was that? Being annoying for the sake of it? His sexual innuendos are shit and unnecessary, and his big baby throwing a tantrum bit (something about small cheesecake..?) is crap. Leave him in 2020 with all the other shit.
Hermine should definitely have been in the final over Laura, agreed. I think it was a perfectly watchable season overall. It makes it a bit more human and relatable if they make mistakes. I get they're supposed to be good, but if they are all like pastry chefs from a three Michelin-starred French restaurant that's not really the amateur competition it's meant to be. They have Bake Off: The Professionals for that.

hubbuh

Hermine should definitely have been in the final over Laura, agreed. I think it was a perfectly watchable season overall. It makes it a bit more human and relatable if they make mistakes. I get they're supposed to be good, but if they are all like pastry chefs from a three Michelin-starred French restaurant that's not really the amateur competition it's meant to be. They have Bake Off: The Professionals for that.
Yeh as I said I'm not that bothered about the actual standard of baking. The most entertaining episodes are the early ones where they piss about and bake cakes of Bob Marley, Freddy Mercury etc. It's the dissonance of Matt Lucas that's thrown it out of whack.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Yeh as I said I'm not that bothered about the actual standard of baking. The most entertaining episodes are the early ones where they piss about and bake cakes of Bob Marley, Freddy Mercury etc. It's the dissonance of Matt Lucas that's thrown it out of whack.
:lol:Yeah that Bowie cake. I do find Matt Lucas grates, but I actually don't mind Noel.

Acole9

Outstanding
Laura is easily the worst finalist they've ever had. Someone else should've had her spot.