Gaming Gta IV

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
He he, 3 episodes at £13 each, equates to £39, on top of the £40 it cost to buy the game itself.

And they thought they were getting a good deal opting for the 360 version:)

kietotheworld

He he, 3 episodes at £13 each, equates to £39, on top of the £40 it cost to buy the game itself.

And they thought they were getting a good deal opting for the 360 version:)
Yeah, its terrible that we're forced to spend that money. :(

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Weird someone bumping this, I've been playing this again over the last few days... still haven't clocked it...

redspoony

I played San Andreas over my mate's place at the weekend. Far more fun than GTA IV.

GTA IV is so overrated. I haven't played it in months, and can't see myself feeling inclined to do so any time soon either.

20solskjaer

its a fantastic game, just finished 100% of it about 2 weeks ago and now started on the lost and damned

a lot of people seem to prefer the gtaIII-san andreas era of the series (which i guess is down to preference) but i have heard alot of moaning about things being changed and people not liking it, but it works the other way too, if they only change the character and the scenery people will moan the arse of about them selling (in theory) the same game over and over again

i personally loved the game and have put a mass amount of hours into it, would rate it as my 2nd favourite from the series just behind the original

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I thought GTA4 was, for the most part, brilliant. I hated the friendship/respect feature though, if i wanted to take annoying twats bowling I'd have bought the sims!

I think Vice City and the stories follow up were the best games, with 4 not far behind. I just hope that for the next one the ditch the sims bullshit.

20solskjaer

I thought GTA4 was, for the most part, brilliant. I hated the friendship/respect feature though, if i wanted to take annoying twats bowling I'd have bought the sims!

I think Vice City and the stories follow up were the best games, with 4 not far behind. I just hope that for the next one the ditch the sims bullshit.
i didnt mind the bowling and stuff, i think maybe its put in there to break the story up a bit so that you dont play through all the missions at one time, kind of brings a bit of variety to the game

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
At first I thought it was quite amusing and novel, but then the more the characters started calling you asking you to do stuff when you were in the middle of things it just became more and more annoying.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I played San Andreas over my mate's place at the weekend. Far more fun than GTA IV.

GTA IV is so overrated. I haven't played it in months, and can't see myself feeling inclined to do so any time soon either.
I had great expectations for GTA 4. But it failed. It's a pretty good game. but failed to give what San Andreas gave us.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
anyone know how to crouch/hide behind something and shoot on the pc ?

for some reason i can only do one thing at a time...but when the computer sets it up by default it works (after going through the yellow arrow thingy before the actual mission starts)

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
it was the most overhyped game at the time, was good but not as fun as san andreas will definilty be putting it in with the next few games i trade in as i dont see myself playing it again

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Sony officially announced tonight that Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City is headed to the PlayStation 3 as a standalone Blu-ray disc. The last chapters of RockStar Games’ Grand Theft Auto IV will be available on March 30.

Both episodes The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony will be featured on a single Blu-ray disc. You can also download the episodes individually via the PlayStation Network. The Lost and Damned features the underworld of Liberty City and its motorcycle gangs led by Johnny Klebitz. The Ballad of Gay Tony follows Luis Lopez, who becomes involved in the city’s nightclub scene.

"Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City has been one of the most requested gameplay experiences by PlayStation fans, and we're thrilled to finally bring the closing chapters of the GTA IV story from one of the biggest franchises in gaming to PS3," said Rob Dyer, senior vice president of publisher relations, SCEA.

The game will be available in North America on March 30 for $39.99 USD. The individual episodes will cost $19.99 on the PSN.

There’s been plenty of speculation about when Episodes from Liberty City would hit the PS3. After tonight’s official announcement, it’s nice to see PS3 owners will get to enjoy these episodes in March.
It's official: Episodes from Liberty City headed to PS3 -- PlayStation Universe

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
You're in for a treat. GTA IV was a little underwhelming but the expansion pack is brilliant. The Ballad of Gay Tony is especially good. Some of the new weapons are lots of fun, and the missions are very varied, rather than the usual go here, shoot these guys, get away from cops routine.

Play Lost and Damned first, then leave The Ballad for after.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Oh I don't have it, I bought it on release day but sold it a week later. Didn't like it at all. Vice City and III are my favourites from the series, the rest never really grabbed me as they did.

I'm just the messenger :angel:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Oh I don't have it, I bought it on release day but sold it a week later. Didn't like it at all. Vice City and III are my favourites from the series, the rest never really grabbed me as they did.

I'm just the messenger :angel:
I traded mine in with Killzone2 for something else just the other week.

beardsleybob

Personally I felt Lost and the Damned was terrible, owing mostly to the fact that I hate bikes in it. It's storyline is vague and very short. The final mission is like one you'd breeze through in GTA IV.

But I loved The Ballad. It was a very different scenario, nice missions and plenty of good guns. Action packed, but also very short. Both games together took me 3 solid days to complete. Took me much longer in IV

overall it's good, but not worth €35

Red Norse

Why is that? If nothing else, being able to control the camera properly is a major plus from San Andreas. Not to mention the graphics which are wonderful in IV. My flatmate has an inferior PC, she's just installed San Andreas, simultaneous playing is quite intersting as it highlights the improvements from the last game. Especially love how the AI has improved. Stare down a Russian at the docks and you'll be flooded by a whole gang of guys itching to throw a punch.

WeasteDevil

So, it's $40 with the original game on a disc, and $20 for DLC if you download it and already have the game? So they are charging you $20 for the original game basically? Probably worth it for those that haven't played it and feel like dipping in.

kietotheworld

So, it's $40 with the original game on a disc, and $20 for DLC if you download it and already have the game? So they are charging you $20 for the original game basically? Probably worth it for those that haven't played it and feel like dipping in.
You don't get the original game when you buy the version on a disc, but the two episodes are based in the same City as the original. The price on release was about the same as as the price for downloading them as add-ons in the UK.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Personally I felt Lost and the Damned was terrible, owing mostly to the fact that I hate bikes in it. It's storyline is vague and very short. The final mission is like one you'd breeze through in GTA IV.

But I loved The Ballad. It was a very different scenario, nice missions and plenty of good guns. Action packed, but also very short. Both games together took me 3 solid days to complete. Took me much longer in IV

overall it's good, but not worth €35
Yea, you're probably spot on there, though I enjoyed the Lost and the Damned because of the bikes and the whole sawn off shotgun thing. Felt like Mad Max or something.

The Ballad is the must better episode though, and has more replayability due to the addition of mission ratings based on time taken, damage sustained, headshots, and random little objectives.

Weapons spoiler below.

The auto shotgun with explosive rounds and the sticky bombs are probably the best GTA weapons ever for pure carnage

Lance Uppercut

It's released in stores tomorrow.

I'm sure some of you 360 owners have played it. Is it worth picking up?

beardsleybob

If you can get it for a good price then just download BoGT. Leave L&D off cuz it's just annoying. Most of the little features in it are shit, like having to ride with your crew with perfect accuracy.