Guillermo Varela

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Ah, don't start. He's shit and has been since he arrived. That wasn't my point though, it was that I'd rather we gave this young guy a go ahead of Buttner, who clearly has no chance of making it here.

But to answer your question, probably as many times as you.

Okay he must be shit because some knobhead who has seen him twice and doesnt even pay for MUTV says so. fecking catch a grip of yourself

The Neviller

Okay he must be shit because some knobhead who has seen him twice and doesnt even pay for MUTV says so. fecking catch a grip of yourself
I do pay for MUTV. Are you confusing me with someone else? I've watched every minute he's played for the club, some of them actually, physically at the ground. I was there for his league debut, he scored and was a bit shit. He was only ever a cheap buy to cover for Evra so we could allow Fabio a loan to get some experience. I'm not sure why you're so annoyed at someone not rating Buttner.

What's your problem anyway? You're needlessly aggressive.

The Neviller

What was your point about MUTV anyway? Does having it make me a better, more knowledgeable fan? Am I now a top red?

The Neviller

No problem, just annoys me when posters just dismiss players after seeing them once or twice. Nobody give anyone a chance anymore. Fair enough if you have watched him on Mutv.
As opposed to Match of the Day you mean? Or highlights? I watch every minute United play, either by streaming games that aren't broadcast on Sky or by watching the re-run on MUTV at 12am. I don't think anyone really needs to watch that much to see Buttner is never going to be a regular starter here. I'm not even convinced he provides adequate back-up. I'd be surprised if he was here much longer.

The Neviller

Still doesnt make him shit does it
I think he's shit. Make your mind up, does watching him on MUTV allow me to make a judgement on his ability or not? I'm not even one for being critical of players, I'm usually the opposite. I just don't see much in Buttner.

Do you think he's good?

The Neviller

Yeah it does but he isnt shit.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on it. Having watched every minute he's played for the club, I think he's a bit shit and I'd much rather see a young lad be given the minutes Buttner might get as back up in full back positions.

The Neviller

Are you serious Neviller? I am really happy your not our scout!
Yeah, I'm serious. I don't rate him. Does anyone?
The Bebe bung has made every cnut that follows United a professional scout it seems.
I don't presume to think I'm a professional scout, I'm just a guy who watches United closely. I just don't see too many positives with Buttner. The reason he was signed looks pretty clear to me, it allowed Fabio a loan move without leaving us light at left-back. I reckon the lack of trust placed in him, even in games where Evra could have been rested, tells you how highly rated he is at United.

I can't fathom why I'm getting so much stick for not rating Buttner. You guys do know we're talking about Buttner, right?

The Neviller

If Evra is staying, and I hope he is, then I'd have him and Rafael as first choice, and Fabio and this new dude as back-up, and Buttner nowhere near the starting line-up. Ever.

Vasey20|13

If Evra is staying, and I hope he is, then I'd have him and Rafael as first choice, and Fabio and this new dude as back-up, and Buttner nowhere near the starting line-up. Ever.
To be honest i can't get too excited about Buttner either. His first season lead me to three conclusions:

1) He can't defend.
2) He's not very good going forward.
3) He can kick a ball quite hard.

Can't really get excited about him, and don't think he'll ever be a starter. :annoyed:

The Neviller

I'd like to see him on the wing.
(We might yet! Judging by our injured-winger-list)
I'd rather see him there than left-back, since he can't defend for shit.

He ain't great going forward either though.

Edit: I thought you meant Buttner on the wing.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I said I'd rather see Varela get minutes as back-up in full-back positions than Buttner.
I think that's a sensible point. I do agree Buttner doesn't look like someone who will set the world alight.

However, I can see how you calling him shit got that reaction. You can't help but feel he is a good lad trying his very best and that deserves more appreciation from us fans. He hasn't been diabolical, by any means.

The Neviller

I think that's a sensible point. I do agree Buttner doesn't look like someone who will set the world alight.

However, I can see how you calling him shit got that reaction. You can't help but feel he is a good lad trying his very best and that deserves more appreciation from us fans. He hasn't been diabolical, by any means.
Yeah, he's tried hard, and fair play for that. I'm shit at football though (relatively speaking), but if United signed me I'd try hard. Trying hard is a perquisite, it should be expected.

He can't defend, at all. And has little ability on the ball to cover that. There are quite a few full-backs who are better at going forward than defending. Buttner isn't good at either.

Also, I'd already got that reaction before I said he was shit. Plus, I watch MUTV so I'm qualified.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Buttner isn't that bad going forward, while there are far better prospects out there, he is decent going forward at least. Defensively he is a mess, I always cringe when he tries to hold the man off him with no support and dribble out of trouble instead of just clearing the ball when it is required. I do agree with TN though, Buttner was only ever a distant punt while being a stop gap that allowed Fabio to head out on loan.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Boca looking at Varela loan

Jose Requejo has told Radio La Red that Boca Juniors are hoping to take Guillermo Varela on loan from Manchester United.

Requejo is club secretary at the Argentine outfit, who have been open in their desire to bring a full-back on board this summer.

They consider Varela to be a top target, with the 20-year-old unlikely to figure prominently in David Moyes' plans for the foreseeable future.

The Uruguayan remains Moyes' only capture since taking the managerial reins at Old Trafford, but the Red Devils have acquired his services as part of a long-term plan.

Varela has signed a five-year contract with the reigning Premier League champions and appreciates that he will have to be patient in his pursuit of regular first-team football.

Taking that into account, he may be willing to return to South America on a season-long agreement.

Boca are optimistic regarding their chances of putting a deal in place, with Requejo claiming that positive discussions have been held.

He told Radio La Red: "Varela is a possibility and we like him.

"The loan has been 80 per cent arranged."

Varela has played just 23 minutes of senior football at Penarol, but was among those to catch the eye at the recent U20 World Cup in Turkey - highlighting why United were so keen to get him snapped up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a bad place for him to develop and get more first team minutes next year....

NoLogo

We can't loan him out, he's our only signing! :(
Oh noes. Now we have essentially signed no one. We are doomed, dooooomed.

How can Moyes be so cruel, does he never think of how the Muppets feel, the death count after the Thiago disaster was already too damn high, does he plan to drive every last one of Muppets into suicide????

But it was only a matter of time before it had to come to this because Muppets and Managers are natural enemies like englismen and Scotts. Or Welshmen and Scotts. Or Japanese and Scotts. Or Scotts and other Scotts. Damn Scotts they ruined Manchester United.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Pretty excited about him, tbh. There's a fire in his belly, like Rafa. It will be good to have him at United for a year, getting the feel of our league first.

Revan

Assumptionman
Oh noes. Now we have essentially signed no one. We are doomed, dooooomed.

How can Moyes be so cruel, does he never think of how the Muppets feel, the death count after the Thiago disaster was already too damn high, does he plan to drive every last one of Muppets into suicide????

But it was only a matter of time before it had to come to this because Muppets and Managers are natural enemies like englismen and Scotts. Or Welshmen and Scotts. Or Japanese and Scotts. Or Scotts and other Scotts. Damn Scotts they ruined Manchester United.

:lol::lol:

Drifter

American
Manchester United's only summer signing, so far, Guillermo Varela has admitted that he would be open to a loan move to Boca Juniors ahead of the new season.
Varela, who became David Moyes' first signing as boss of the Red Devils, looks unlikely to force his way into the first-team picture at Old Trafford this season.
And, now the 20-year-old has suggested that he could make a loan move to Argentina.
The Uruguayan youth international told TuttoMercatoWeb: "(Going to Boca) could be a good solution. I would play with continuity for one year, always thinking of returning to United, who is the team which most believed in me.
"Italian clubs interested in me before arriving at United? I do not know, I would like to play in Italy, but here I'm at the top, in the best side in the world. What more could I want?"
The young defender impressed United scouts as he starred during the U20 World Cup and it now looks like he will head out of Old Trafford in favour of gaining vital first-team experience.
Varela's current club begin their campaign this Sunday as they play Wigan Athletic in the Community Shield.
The game will be David Moyes' first competitive match in charge of the Red Devils and the Scot will hope to win the season curtain-raiser.

Brings a tear to your eye.

The Neviller

We need to embrace this guy, draw him close and show him much love. He is afterall, a rare creature. The lesser spotted Manchester United summer signing.

It's like The Last of The Mohicans.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Really well. Could be ready to be Rafa's understudy next season already as far as I'm concerned, given a good loan deal in December.

Sir A1ex

That's pleasing to hear... early reports had said he looked great going forwads but question marks over defending. I take it he's sorting the latter part out, or was it bollocks anyway?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
It was overstated, especially when you consider he was new to everything. He's a good defender, one-on-one he's excellent.