Gun control

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
bird hunting
I think my lack of gun knowledge is becoming apparent. I thought a shotgun was a closerange weapon, like it is in DOOM and stuff.

I suppose bird hunting is fair enough, even if I don't see the value in killing birds for no reason.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I think my lack of gun knowledge is becoming apparent. I thought a shotgun was a closerange weapon, like it is in DOOM and stuff.

I suppose bird hunting is fair enough, even if I don't see the value in killing birds for no reason.
It's called birdshot for a reason :).

All the friends I have up here who hunt eat everything they shoot (unless diseased) whether it's deer, hog or bird, so I have no qualms with that. Venison is quote tasty if prepared right, and wild duck/quail/turkey is amazing.

They are also all very anti hand gun and very pro gun control ( as long as they can keep their hunting equipment), so we get along nicely. Plus they provide us with homemade venison sausage :drool:

Carolina Red

Staff

It's all down to what you load into a shotgun.

Loaded with slug shot (one big flying piece of lead) you can take down a deer at 125-150 yards.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )

Closerange only of it's sawed-off shotgun

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I was always scared of something like this happening while I was in the US. A very similar incident happened in michigan few years back where a kid lost a life over a road rage incident.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/21/us/boy-killed-road-rage-shooting-orange-county-california/index.html
My wife got screamed at by some crazy lady in a truck (guess the bumper sticker) this week for stopping at a light that had just turned red. Apparently she wanted my wife to run the red so she could too. My wife being the badass she is, she just turned and waved with a smile and then proceeded to go exactly the speed limit on the one lane road once the light changed. For 7 miles.

I wish she wouldn’t mess with people, but she is fearless. I worry about the above, especially in rural WI.

bleedred

My wife got screamed at by some crazy lady in a truck (guess the bumper sticker) this week for stopping at a light that had just turned red. Apparently she wanted my wife to run the red so she could too. My wife being the badass she is, she just turned and waved with a smile and then proceeded to go exactly the speed limit on the one lane road once the light changed. For 7 miles.

I wish she wouldn’t mess with people, but she is fearless. I worry about the above, especially in rural WI.
I mean after I saw that news, I just did a google search on road rage shootings and there is atleast one happening everyday somewhere in the US and it is bloody scary and awful to think that someone is losing a life over nothing in a few seconds.

Glaswegian

Sort of relevant to this thread? 1982 Documentary called 'The Killing of America'. Touches on a wide variety of issues that affect American society, serial killers, gun crime, murder rates and so on.

Recommend it.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )

Trump is an ass ?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Ohh I read that wrong. It's the crazy lady bumper sticker you were referring to and not your wife's. It definitely says "Make America Great Again" :lol:
Ha!

the onlything missing was the gun rack, but that’s because they are essentially illegal here (thankfully)

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Ha!

the onlything missing was the gun rack, but that’s because they are essentially illegal here (thankfully)
You can identify them quite easily without the gun rack. They ooze something. I want to fight anyone I see with a Trump sticker so I totally understand your wife's reaction.