Gun shots outside Parliament: Police shoot assailant following car attack on Westminster Bridge

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
CNN (Wolf presenting) has pretty decent coverage today IMO, probably better than the BBC.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Strip search to ensure he isn't wired up to blow or just for medical access?
Dunno about the strip search bit but a primary survey of anyone with severe trauma is fairly standard. Which involves taking off their clobber. You'd look pretty stupid packing out a bullet hole on his chest to stop the bleeding if he's still wearing pants so you haven't noticed that he's mainly haemorrhaging from another one on his gooch.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24

Haven't heard much about the injuries of the officer, hopefully they're doing okay.
While some have alluded to the extent to which officers around parliament are armed, most would still be wearing vests i'd have thought. Not that such affords total protection of course, but maybe it helped the officer today.

predator

Youth NITK
Just saw some disturbing pictures on twitter of some of the victims. It is sickening seeing innocent members of the public, going about their normal day, being attacked for what? for who?
Terrorism is simply a stain on our societies and not only one group of people are to blame for it.

I must commend the emergency services as always. And I will spare a massive thought for each victims families. RIP.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
While some have alluded to the extent to which officers around parliament are armed, most would still be wearing vests i'd have thought. Not that such affords total protection of course, but maybe it helped the officer today.
Fingers crossed.

BBC reporter just mentioned that the attacker had been shot dead in his summing up, but I'm assuming that's a mistake on his part and not confirmation.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Dunno about the strip search bit but a primary survey of anyone with severe trauma is fairly standard. Which involves taking off their clobber. You'd look pretty stupid packing out a bullet hole on his chest to stop the bleeding if he's still wearing pants so you haven't noticed that he's mainly haemorrhaging from another one on his gooch.
Makes sense and I guess the exit wound can be in an unexpected place if the bullet hits a bone.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Dunno about the strip search bit but a primary survey of anyone with severe trauma is fairly standard. Which involves taking off their clobber. You'd look pretty stupid packing out a bullet hole on his chest to stop the bleeding if he's mainly haemorrhaging from another one on his gooch.
I'm picturing a comedy sketch where someone blocks the leak with a finger in one hole and it sprays out another one instead.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
BBC spoke to eyewitnesses (as I understand it including police). It might be possible that there were two attackers, one being described as a white man with two large knives, another man being described as black with a goat beard.

Ubik

BBC reporter saying there are some suggestions there were two attackers, very much unconfirmed though.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Just saw some disturbing pictures on twitter of some of the victims. It is sickening seeing innocent members of the public, going about their normal day, being attacked for what? for who?
Terrorism is simply a stain on our societies and not only one group of people are to blame for it.

I must commend the emergency services as always. And I will spare a massive thought for each victims families.
RIP.
Deeply complicated subject of which historical and current British Foreign Policy plays a huge part.

Totally agree on last part: police, security service and affected families bear the brunt of an issue they never caused.

Sylar

Theres just something wrong about people running up to the bodies, taking pictures / videos and sharing it on social media. Disrespectful. (I understand taking it and sharing it with the police as stated in the tweet by the Met though)

I hope this is it,and theres no follow up attack or sorts and the victims are in the minimum count. And yes, agreed regarding commending emergency services and such and RIP to the victims and thoughts with their families.

NinjaFletch

BBC reporter saying there are some suggestions there were two attackers, very much unconfirmed though.
This sort of thing always gets said and rarely turns out to be true.

I'd suggest the fact that they're evacuating the Houses of Parliament now means they're fairly confident that they have the situation under control.

Ubik

This sort of thing always gets said and rarely turns out to be true.

I'd suggest the fact that they're evacuating the Houses of Parliament now means they're fairly confident that they have the situation under control.
He didn't say still at large, just that there may have been two people in the car that crashed.

SteveTheRed

So the situation is that the guy drove the car over the bridge, running people over then got out and stabbed the police officer before being shot himself?

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Just heard the news on the radio. Terrible. Hope all the wounded people recover and r.i.p. to the victim.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
BBC spoke to eyewitnesses (as I understand it including police). It might be possible that there were two attackers, one being described as a white man with two large knives, another man being described as black with a goat beard.
Could they be just psychopaths?

hobbers

Don't think there were two attackers, other witnesses say only one got out.

Police officer presumably the second death, meaning the attacker is still alive.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
He didn't say still at large, just that there may have been two people in the car that crashed.

Hypothetically, that leaves the possibility of an earlier carjacking, as we saw with a recent truck attack in Germany. Hopefully not though .

Last edited:

NinjaFletch

Sure, what I mean is that the media reporting, and indeed the pictures we can see with our own eyes, have focussed on one person. I'd say that, combined with the police response now, means its unlikely to be anything more than a person imagining things. Could be wrong, but I doubt there's any truth to the suggestion. I also think Nick's explanation makes sense too.

predator

Youth NITK
If it is a classic terrorist attack carried out by a Muslim/s for causes relating to western intervention / mixed with the classic 'against western values' as some believe then I don't care about the attackers. They are just anot her terrorist imo and shouldn't be given the publicity some of them probably want.

The victims and the hero's who have in some way helped must be the ones we talk about. They are victims of something they probably don't even have a clue about.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's hard to disengage from the stream of information and wait until substantial updates in information gleaned by intellegence is gathered, but I will attempt to do so anyways.