Gyliano van Velzen

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Blatantly pinching this from the newbs (credit to poster named Cevno, link to original thread here, for anyone who can access said forum)

Apparently we've signed this van Velzen bloke, who is 16, a winger and joins us from Ajax.

This was discovered via his Twitter page, which said the following on July 23rd:

23 July; Now in England, I'm awake but tired, I have to eat now and then go to the medical examination.
Also discussed on an Ajax forum.

Obligatory youtubage...

Viper KGB

Yaaa bitch yaaaa!!!!!

This dude looks like a giant or are 16 year old Dutch people just very shmall

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He struggled last year to make a impact, like his entire team.The growth spurt seems to have no stop. Curious to see how he does this season. He's actually very skilled for a lanky, tall left winger, and quite fast. He needs to bulk up and work on his end product.
An Ajax Fan's take on this guy

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Hang on a minute - how does anyone know we've signed him?

sincher

From what I can make out, it's a combination of the twitter saying he was having a medical in England and a "reliable person" on an Ajax forum saying he was signing for United.
Yep - the newbie has backed it up a bit. Could well be true.

Might be a little bit of time before it's confirmed though.

sincher

We usually don't announce them at all, or only do to quell speculation one way or the other so it depends on other coverage.

We often find out quickly anyway as the player comes over to start playing with the academy team - depends when that is slated to happen.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that Gyliano Van Velzen is a proper footballer's name, so he's clearly going to be brilliant.

twitter thread suggester
:lol: That video is ridiculous, it looks like he's playing against a bunch of 5 year olds.

twitter thread suggester
Actually, having google translated the Ajax forum, the "reliable person" only has 7 posts and signed up on June 1st.

Fecking internet...
Looks like you just got Spoony'd Dutch style, Pogue.

sincher

feck, you mean he might not sign?!!!?

This kid is gold. If we don't sign him, I'm going to become a crack addict like Mesut Ozil.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's denied it on his twitter, yaaa bitches.

We could do with a wide player for the Academy though with Brady and Ajose moving up and seemingly Morrison too.
RT @Ishannarang: @gyliano11 kunt u bevestigen wij u erop *** u hebt getekend voor Manchester United of niet? Nee ik heb niet getekend
Sprekken ze Dutch?

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Wow he was huge as a 14yo.. So this is just a rumour yes? We haven't signed him have we?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Wow he was huge as a 14yo.. So this is just a rumour yes? We haven't signed him have we?
Yeah, turned out to be bullcrap. Or, at least, nothing came of it. I think the later rumblings on his twitter turned into a domestic argument with his girlfriend (who may not have been his girlfriend).

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Again we are going by twitter? I fecking seriously hate Twitter!

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Judging by his age, I'd say the latter.
Then we'll pay them compensation. They have no grounds to report us to FIFA, apart from sulking over us poaching him. Mind you, poaching players like this doesn't sit too comfortably with me, we wouldn't like it if it happened to us, I'd rather we agreed to pay a fair fee dependent on his progress.

We seem to be stocking up with some highly regarded kids in the reserves, all of this poaching would stop if the FA scratch the stupid 90 minute rule.