Gyliano van Velzen

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
great post Mr. MUJAC

i dont really know much about this 90-min rule (apart from your post) but how does it apply to families should they move?

say for instance my son is in our local academy and i get a good job offer 200 miles away which i accept and we up sticks and move. If my son then wants to join up with an academy in our new surroundings would they be liable to compensate the previous one?
Potentially yes.....but if the parents take the kid out of an Academy because the family is moving, and there is no other club involved........then the child is free to join another Academy in the new area if he is good enough.

Recently, Johnny Gorman was in our Academy but for whatever reason he and his family decided not to accept United's offer of a Scolarship.

He had been with United for many years.

Because he wasn't 'poached' or 'spotted' he was free to go anywhere he liked. So he chose Wolves and is playing with them and on the verge of international selection for Northern Ireland.

United have received no compensation for all those years of first class coaching.

It won't reach the papers because it doesn't make a good story.

If the reverse happened we would be made out as bad guys.....

CRAZY!

datura

Good post, it's before they are 16 that they are free to move isn't it?

Gorman is actually a full NI international now. He played on the US tour in the summer, and came off the bench against Slovenia the other night.

SecondFig

Potentially yes.....but if the parents take the kid out of an Academy because the family is moving, and there is no other club involved........then the child is free to join another Academy in the new area if he is good enough.

Recently, Johnny Gorman was in our Academy but for whatever reason he and his family decided not to accept United's offer of a Scolarship.

Because he wasn't 'poached' or 'spotted' he was free to go anywhere he liked. So he chose Wolves and is playing with them and on the verge of international selection for Northern Ireland.

United have received no compensation for all those years of first class coaching.

CRAZY!
Didn't know Gorman was a (former) Utd lad, but he came on as a sub on friday (I think). Not sure of the details, but he was mentioned on one of the football podcasts.

edit: :wenger: which is exactly what datura just said, must learn to read all replies

datura

Didn't know Gorman was a (former) Utd lad, but he came on as a sub on friday (I think). Not sure of the details, but he was mentioned on one of the football podcasts.

edit: :wenger: which is exactly what datura just said, must learn to read all replies
Gorman played once for the Academy as far as I recall, had a bit of a stinker and got moved from the wing to full back. It just shows you can't judge a player on one game (if you're not called Scholesy!).

He was brilliant for Wolves against us last season, outshining the more feted Mendez-Laing.

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....

CRAZY!
Gorman is studying his A-levels at Repton College in South Derbyshire so Wolverhampton made more sense for him geographically.

GCHQ

Pretty sure he was given the heads up on that one from Ben Hibbs, who regularly admits he has no idea what goes on at Carrington etc. As far as journalists go, I don't think he's all that bad. They're all lying tossers though.
Yup, think so. He only 'broke' the story ten minutes before United announced it anyway. He claimed he had 'good sources' in Portugal, yeah right.

Can anyone honestly believe Daniel Taylor has good sources at Carrington given that he's banned from there by Fergie?

I'm not surprised that some people are defending him though given the newspaper he writes for and how viciously he attacked the club after the bond issue.

He's scum and so are the Daily Mail but some people want to separate the two.

datura

GCHQ; said:
Yup, think so. He only 'broke' the story ten minutes before United announced it anyway. He claimed he had 'good sources' in Portugal, yeah right.

Can anyone honestly believe Daniel Taylor has good sources at Carrington given that he's banned from there by Fergie?

I'm not surprised that some people are defending him though given the newspaper he writes for and how viciously he attacked the club after the bond issue.

He's scum and so are the Daily Mail but some people want to separate the two.
Kindly keep your agenda out of a completely unrelated forum and thread.

GCHQ

Kindly keep your agenda out of a completely unrelated forum and thread.
I made one comment about why some people on here are happy to defend Taylor and I think that was perfectly justified given the discussion that had already taken place.

I also made a well informed comment about Gorman in my first post in this thread and frankly my second post is entirely on topic given the significant discussion that there had already been about Taylor.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Gorman is studying his A-levels at Repton College in South Derbyshire so Wolverhampton made more sense for him geographically.
Of course it does:confused:

It's not like he couldn't do his A levels at any college nearer Manchester if he chose.

datura

GCHQ; said:
I made one comment about why some people on here are happy to defend Taylor and I think that was perfectly justified given the discussion that had already taken place.

I also made a well informed comment about Gorman in my first post in this thread and frankly my second post is entirely on topic given the significant discussion that there had already been about Taylor.
Are you hell, the defending of Taylor had nothing to do with the stance of the Guardian re the ownership. As I said before, please leave your agenda out of this forum.

GCHQ

Of course it does:confused:

It's not like he couldn't do his A levels at any college nearer Manchester if he chose.
Why are you confused?

Repton is a top private (public) school so presumably his family were keen for him to receive an excellent education which is an attitude to be commended. And if both the school and the Wolves academy facility are closer to the family home then the change obviously makes a lot of sense.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
GCHQ has now been excluded form this part of the forum.

This place is a sanctuary to discuss reserves and youth teams related issues only.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I think that's a bit harsh.. He is a quality poster and adds to this forum.. He was only discussing things that were actually discussed in this thread before..

Decotron

I think that's a bit harsh.. He is a quality poster and adds to this forum.. He was only discussing things that were actually discussed in this thread before..
Ive never seen the term bond issue in this forum before...

Personally I think this is one of the better moderated sub forums on the caf. Also one of the most enjoyable aswell and long may that continue.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Ive never seen the term bond issue in this forum before...

Personally I think this is one of the better moderated sub forums on the caf. Also one of the most enjoyable aswell and long may that continue.
We all have now bro :D

Totally agree with the second paragraph. I dont post much on this forum tho, largely because I dont have MUTV at the moment (running down my NTL contract & awaiting Sky), so I dont get to see the Academy or the Reserves now - I cant really comment on the present youth / reserve players :(

I like the look of this kid tho - no one will feck with him on the wing...

SecondFig

Back on topic again, anyone have any idea when we might see van Velzen in action? I take it we're still waiting for FIFA clearance?

jb8521

Van Velzen got an assist for Netherlands under 17s yesterday in a 5-0 win

Some things he has said recently:
"There is really a family atmosphere. At lunch you can see that the big stars sit at the table of the youth players and talk with us. Everyone wants to help each other," revealed Van Velzen.

"The training is a lot heavier than I was used to at Ajax. In the beginning I had to put in a lot of effort to keep up. Fortunately, now I am better. I am satisfied with my teammates.

"They are guys who give you a compliment when you do it right, but they put you in your place when you do something wrong."

"When I heard that in all the newspapers they were writing about me, I was very surprised," said Van Velzen.

"But these things do not keep me busy, I prefer to focus on my football.

"I always wanted to play for Manchester United. I came here with my eyes wide open, but I didn't realise how big a club it is."

PS18

No, he said he'll be playing his first game on Wednesday (presumably a friendly behind closed doors).

PS18

Hard to say. If I remember rightly Pogba got clearance as the team were on the coach on the way to a behind closed doors friendly at Derby last season, and he ended up getting his 'debut' in that game, so perhaps van Velzen's clearance has come through.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Played yesterday in a 4-0 vs Preston. played for 80mins before going off with cramp - this is what he said on Twitter.

No idea how he played or who he played with or anything like that.

PS18

Apparently Tyler Blackett told someone on facebook that it was 3-0, goals from Morrison, Lingard and Lawrence.

jb8521

Apparently Tyler Blackett told someone on facebook that it was 3-0, goals from Morrison, Lingard and Lawrence.
Yeah it finished 3-0 Charni Ekangamene played yet another new position playing the whole game in centre midfield

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Does anyone know how often these behind doors game are held?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Does anyone know his DOB?

Academy watchers, what's the early verdict?

Decotron

I rate him anyway. (i seem to say that alot though!!!)

He looks a little miffed by english football at times. He'll take 6 months or so to properly adjust. A few have commented on his pace reminds me of Welbeck in that regard.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
The early verdict is it's much to early. He was bad last game and he knows it but he's been average when i've seen him. Not saying he is average but it's much to soon. Some people set the place alight on day one, not Gyliano. When he runs, to my mind it's like he's running on sand.

It will take him a while to settle in and really get his fitness up to speed