Haaland v Núñez v Mitrovic?

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
How would current in-form Mitrovic do in this City team with the best service in the world by far......I wonder.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Some of the posts on the first page :lol:

You can call it hindsight but Håaland already had a much better CV than Nunez at the start of the season but somehow some geniuses thought he was better than Håaland.

It's probably the delusion that Klopp never makes bad signings.

Sgreddevil

He scored a couple of goals vs Villa and then didn't score again until boxing day. In fact no one can compare to the start Haaland has had, not even Aguero, let alone Lukaku.

Premier League games played before scoring 10 goals.

Cristiano 65
Kane 31
Henry 27
Drogba 27
Aguero 24

HAALAND: 6
Haaland's record is really impressive. However we should not include CR in here as he didn't start as a striker, to be fair to him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It’s like comparing Mbappe vs Rashford vs Martial, or something.

Seriously Haaland is on his own league. So it probably should be Mitrovic v Nunez.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
You would hope Nunez follows the footsteps of his fellow Portuguese league top scorers such as Jackson Martinez, Bas Dost, Carlos Vinicius, Pizzi etc.

Last edited:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Kinda wondering why we didn’t test the waters and go for Toney.

whitbyviking

I guess there are two reasons top clubs haven’t gone for Toney; small sample size in terms of premier league performance, price.

I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t get a move at the end of this season.

Jev

What happened to Aguero? Didn't he and Haaland have the exact same stats after 5 games?
Just checked Transfermarkt. Looks like he had 8 goals after five games. And the 10th came in his 11th game. With several more before game 24. So pretty sure that stat is incorrect.

Jev

Yeah just checked that myself and Aguero scored 10 goals in 11 games in the league. Which looks great, until you compare it to Erling. :lol:
But a good reminder nonetheless. I imagine people were saying the same about Agüero breaking the league as they are now about Haaland, yet eventually his numbers became more human.

Last edited:

Wilt

Currently, Haaland 10 goals ….Man Utd 5 goals

Moby

Dick
But a good reminder nonetheless. I imagine people were saying the same about Agüero breaking the league as they are now about Haaland, yet eventually his mumbers became more human.
I guess City fans won't mind Haaland going on to have to the same career as Aguero.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Granted, I thought Haaland would struggle with City's tactics but he's completely blown the league away, still a long time in the season left. Lukaku had a racing start at Chelsea last season as well, as did Ronaldo, takes time for teams to study and counter tactics.
I'm not buying those comparisons. Ronaldo was clearly on a decline ever since he joined Juve. Simply wasn't anywhere close to being the beast of player he used to be when he rejoined us. Lukaku is a tier below Haaland on ability, and more importantly several tiers below on mentality.

Also wouldn't say either had racing starts, certainly not in comparison to Haaland. Ronaldo had 3 in 2 and then didn't score in the league again until the end of October. Lukaku had 3 in 3 and then didn't score again until the end of December. Haaland has double figures in the first gameweek in September.

Not denying that opponents will study counter tactics but on the flip side City are also still adjusting from a false 9 system. They aren’t completely on wavelength yet with the kind of striker Haaland is.

Samid

But a good reminder nonetheless. I imagine people were saying the same about Agüero breaking the league as they are now about Haaland, yet eventually his numbers became more human.
Aguero was a 1 in 2 striker before he joined City. Haaland has pretty much been a 1 in 1 striker since he turned 19. Sure, he won’t score 10 every 6 PL games forever. But pure goal scoring wise he’s a different beast to Aguero. If he regresses to the mean it would leave him with a goal around every 80 mins. Aguero scored every 108 mins at City.

Aguero became the most prolific striker the league has ever seen. I wouldn't use him as hope that Haaland will slow down.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Aguero was a 1 in 2 striker before he joined City. Haaland has pretty much been a 1 in 1 striker since he turned 19. Sure, he won’t score 10 every 6 PL games forever. But pure goal scoring wise he’s a different beast to Aguero. If he regresses to the mean it would leave him with a goal around every 80 mins. Aguero scored every 108 mins at City.
He’s an alien. It’s the only to aptly describe him. He’s a literal alien. In the name of science, I think City should donate Haaland to us for a season just to fully and properly test the theory that we ruin strikers.

Samid

He’s an alien. It’s the only to aptly describe him. He’s a literal alien. In the name of science, I think City should donate Haaland to us for a season just to fully and properly test the theory that we ruin strikers.
I wouldn’t take it that far. He’s an alien, not a miracle worker.

Jev

I guess City fans won't mind Haaland going on to have to the same career as Aguero.
No doubt. But I think they'd be disappointed at this point if he got 23 Premier League goals in his first season, like Agüero did (he won't, obviously).

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I'm not buying those comparisons. Ronaldo was clearly on a decline ever since he joined Juve. Simply wasn't anywhere close to being the beast of player he used to be when he rejoined us. Lukaku is a tier below Haaland on ability, and more importantly several tiers below on mentality.

Also wouldn't say either had racing starts, certainly not in comparison to Haaland. Ronaldo had 3 in 2 and then didn't score in the league again until the end of October. Lukaku had 3 in 3 and then didn't score again until the end of December. Haaland has double figures in the first gameweek in September.

Not denying that opponents will study counter tactics but on the flip side City are also still adjusting from a false 9 system. They aren’t completely on wavelength yet with the kind of striker Haaland is.
That's true that Haaland's start is better than Ronaldo (I was also including his UCL goals as part of the good start) and Lukaku, but yea my overall point is that teams might adapt to City's tactics with Haaland.

That being said, the other point is true as well that there are occasions where Haaland's runs haven't been found by City players and there can be more oppurtunities for Haaland coming forward. Similar to when Fergie showed tapes of RVP's run to United midfielders and asking them to pass more, though whether Pep will fully integrate into that quick passing system, opposite to the slow possession based system he likes.

Walters_19_MuFc

Toney would work well for ETHs system. I cant believe no big club went for him. He must be an arsehole off the field or something.
I don't think he'll be there next season but I think he'll want to stay with Brentford this season because I can see him pushing into the England World Cup squad if he continues.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
How some of you made legitimate arguments that Nunez is a better striker than the guy with CL goalscoring records to his name.

Toney v Nunez is a better discussion, one that Toney is currently comfortably blowing out of the water

Dingo

Supports
Haaland
Nunez

I think Haaland will be spending a lot of time on the bench this season.
This aged like milk.

Haaland can spend the rest of the season on the bench. And it will still be far and away more of a productive season than Nunez.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
This aged like milk.

Haaland can spend the rest of the season on the bench. And it will still be far and away more of a productive season than Nunez.
:lol:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
In terms of quality its Haaland > Mitrovic > Nunez

but I think people are underrating Mitrovic the most. As for Haaland, trust me I want him to fail. I want to believe he's just the nordic Lukaku but I don't think it will happen. I think many football fans still don't understand what it means to be a goalscorer. It's the rarest most valuable skill, not beating your man.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
First page of this thread is a riot. :lol:

tomaldinho1

Mitrovic is on fire considering who he plays for, reckon he could get close to 20 goals this season

padr81

Supports
Man City
13-1. 13-2 if we're counting the charity shield. At the current rate, by the time Nunez reaches 10 goals Haaland should have 130.

croadyman

13-1. 13-2 if we're counting the charity shield. At the current rate, by the time Nunez reaches 10 goals Haaland should have 130.
You have truly won the lottery with him,Ole had him at Molde and yet ended up joining our rivals is easily one of biggest mistakes in our history

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Yeah, we really messed that up
No one saw him becoming this good at Molde. Even at Salzburg he kind of disappeared under the radar for a little bit, and then made his debut at the end of his first season. Then he started on fire the next and the rest is history

croadyman

No one saw him becoming this good at Molde. Even at Salzburg he kind of disappeared under the radar for a little bit, and then made his debut at the end of his first season. Then he started on fire the next and the rest is history
Well sometimes you need to take risks on raw talents,just cannot accept someone at Utd was utterly blind to what he could become