Haaland v Núñez v Mitrovic?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
No one saw him becoming this good at Molde. Even at Salzburg he kind of disappeared under the radar for a little bit, and then made his debut at the end of his first season. Then he started on fire the next and the rest is history
I think basically this. I've first heard of him in mid 2018 when he scored 9 goals in an u-20 game for Norway. Then the following months he scored 8 goals in 6 CL games, and overall 28 goals in 22 games for Red Bull Salzburg, before moving to Dortmund. At that point everyone know he is generational talent and going to be a very special player.

croadyman

I think basically this. I've first heard of him in mid 2018 when he scored 9 goals in an u-20 game for Norway. Then the following months he scored 8 goals in 6 CL games, and overall 28 goals in 22 games for Red Bull Salzburg, before moving to Dortmund. At that point everyone know he is generational talent and going to be a very special player.
Why didn’t Barca/Real move heaven and earth

colombianmancunian

Why didn’t Barca/Real move heaven and earth
At the time they had Messi and Ronaldo, and for what I have read Halaand wanted to get minutes and be the main man in attack. That’s why he went to Dortmund.

I’ll never forgive Ole and Woodward for failing to get him here, while we could. Useless bastards.

croadyman

At the time they had Messi and Ronaldo, and for what I have read Halaand wanted to get minutes and be the main man in attack. That’s why he went to Dortmund.

I’ll never forgive Ole and Woodward for failing to get him here, while we could. Useless bastards.
Yeah along with whoever else is responsible

Fooza

:lol: some replies on the first page are turning out to be whoppers

BarstoolProphet

No one saw him becoming this good at Molde. Even at Salzburg he kind of disappeared under the radar for a little bit, and then made his debut at the end of his first season. Then he started on fire the next and the rest is history
We had scouts at his Molde matches, even had Jim Ryan present and Ole pestering United to get them to sign Haaland while he was coaching him. Juventus were also heavily involved before he chose Salzburg. In one of them he scored four goals against the then best defensive team in the league at 17 years old. The hype was pretty huge in Norway but still people barely expects the best talents in the country to be world class (bar Ødegaard).

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Oh wow the first page of this thread :nervous: I thought it was just the media who actually thought it was a good idea to compare the two

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Equalled Haaland’s scoring feats from this weekend.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Goals during the CL fixtures this week -

Nunez: 1
Haaland: 0
white text is white
Tide turning?

Grande

Ole did all he could to get him here, at several stages, probably more than anyone in the world. It was Woodward’s entourage vs Haaland’s entourage that blocked it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Nunez should be relegated to the Andy Carroll vs Vincent Janssen vs Nunez thread.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
I relegated Nunez to Dembele and Traore standard today. All three have low 'ballin IQ.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Which one?
Wolves one.
Edit: I think Nunez is not a lost cause, for now.
Mane looked raw too before moving to Liverpool, not so much as Nunez though. As long as they train and simplify his routines and it becomes part of his habits, it wouldn't be such a horror show like yesterday's cameo.

Last edited:

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Nunez is getting a lot of stick for his bad touches, bad decisionmaking and bad finishing, but his potential is enourmous.
Those three attributes are all possible to improve on.

Even with his flaws he must be an absolute nightmare to defend against, with his runs and the intensity in his game. He's not up there with Haaland, but he will cause a lot of trouble for a lot of teams.