5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

Did what you'd expect a young player to do. Ran around a lot. It wasn't particularly great, but he looked physically ready for the PL.

Not sure why he got a yellow for that little tangle either. Either yellow both or move on.

In Rainbows

He's ready. Give him a preseason allowing him to get used to playing in front of huge crowds, and he'll start to show his talent.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Thought he did well in the second half. Looked nervous in the first and seemed like Telles didn't trust him much. Wish he'd finished the game as he was really growing into it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He should be utilised centrally and not out wide. But considering he was played out of position I thought he played well. He's already physically as strong or stronger than Bruno Fernandes imo.

Red-17

He isn't ready.
Greenwood looked like he wasn't ready either when he first started getting appearances, and 6 months later was one of our most dangerous attackers. Way too early to say that when he's playing in a disjointed team with no stability. He does need to cut out the petulance though, because we can't afford to either have to sub him off after 50 minutes or risk a red car every other match.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It was silly to take him off for Mata when his influence was growing on the game. Ben Thornley even mentioned that on commentary for MUTV.

Bruno should've been replaced for Mata imo.

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It was silly to take him for Mata when his influence was growing on the game. Ben Thornley even mentioned that on commentary for MUTV.

Fully agree.

united for life

One of the few parts I saw in today’s game was his foul on Zaha and the way he kept pushing. He has an aggression in his game that I do not mind, yet will surely be toned down by the coaches and this is vital as part of his development. The good thing is that at a young age he isn’t scared of getting involved but at the same time he shouldn’t be at risk of a red card in every game. The aggression side in him is needed. We have a group of nice soft players which is appalling actually

criticalanalysis

He should be utilised centrally and not out wide. But considering he was played out of position I thought he played well. He's already physically as strong or stronger than Bruno Fernandes imo.
Yup. He did not look comfortable there or was in the right positions. Telles is shite but he didn't have a lot of options when he crossed the half way line as Hannibal was taking up central positions or near Cavani.

Would love to see him play in central midfield with someone like Fred to see how he handles it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He actually shows fight and desire, I love it. He actually cares.

I think ETH will love him.

Crazy that in the 2nd half he got into 2 goalscoring positions (last ditch tackle by Ward and the shot tipped onto the bar) then was subbed at 60.

Perhaps that was always going to be the plan but he was our most effective player at that point. I get being careful of the 2nd yellow but he didn't look in any danger at that stage.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yup. He did not look comfortable there or was in the right positions. Telles is shite but he didn't have a lot of options when he crossed the half way line as Hannibal was taking up central positions or near Cavani.

Would love to see him play in central midfield with someone like Fred to see how he handles it.
He looked comfortable out there yesterday even if he was utilised in a role that isn't his best. But like you say, he drifts in field from the left and comes central into his natural habitat to get on the ball and make plays. He even ended up coming deep on one occasion to collect the ball from the CBs but was ignored. He was comfortable in and out of possession and I feel there's much more to come from him. He's a technical player that plays with a real intensity and has the potential to develop into a player with a good range of passing and dribbling ability without sacrificing the counter pressing side of the game due to his high intense play style.

I think ten Hag will draft him into the squad for next season.

UnitedFire

It was silly to take him for Mata when his influence was growing on the game. Ben Thornley even mentioned that on commentary for MUTV.

I thought subbing off was right to do. The yellow he picked up was petulant and could easily have been a red for the foul followed up with the shoulder barge. Completely unnecessary.

I personally think he looks out of control and if the media is to be believed Rangnick has already warned him about this.

There probably is some youthful exburence to be worked through and stars like Scholes and Rooney came with a bite, but football is even less forgiving now. The game isn't as physically aggressive as it was.

What I didn't agree with was bringing on Mata. The game lacked tempo. Palace were not parking the bus, they were attacking, playing the channels. We needed energy. It wasn't the game for Mata. The problem is who was it for?

We lacked a bench capable of bringing control with tempo into the game. This said I would have chosen Savage over Mata. He might not have the nouse or control of Mata, but he has the energy to replace Hannibal and as a natural ball player could have finally given us a clue in the midfield without suffering the lack of energy.

Not hard to see why the experienced safe Mata was chosen, but I just don't think it was the right game.

Bondi77

Spot on mate!
Bruno was a headless chicken and should have been hooked during the interval.

Conor

Not sure how anyone could watch that game and say he's not ready, what did anyone else do that he didn't? We were woeful as a team.

Edwards6

Hopefully he gets more chances next season, his fight and determination stands out in this team.
His performances will get better as he gets comfortable in the 1st team

Sea-Cow

So a 6/10 then? I didn't watch but it sounds like he did ok without doing enough to really catch the eye?
Thats about right I reckon. I don't think he is a left winger so its difficult to judge, but he at least showed some effort and had a good shot which forced a decent save in the second half.

criticalanalysis

He looked comfortable out there yesterday even if he was utilised in a role that isn't his best. But like you say, he drifts in field from the left and comes central into his natural habitat to get on the ball and make plays. He even ended up coming deep on one occasion to collect the ball from the CBs but was ignored. He was comfortable in and out of possession and I feel there's much more to come from him. He's a technical player that plays with a real intensity and has the potential to develop into a player with a good range of passing and dribbling ability without sacrificing the counter pressing side of the game due to his high intense play style.

I think ten Hag will draft him into the squad for next season.
I have no qualms about his ability on the ball but he looked a bit out of place wide in the first half. All of which is totally understandable considering the mess around him and having minimal minutes all season.

I'm excited to see him play more. He looks sturdy on his feet and likes to receive the ball.

So it was Hannibal.
This sort of explains the lack of support he gave him during the Palace game :lol:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I like him, seems to have the right drive.
People forget how young he is, hopefully ten hag helps him to refine his game.

avgp_1

Not playing in his usual role but did well. One of the more composed performances from an academy player on debut in recent times.

Pressed really well and quick feet to not lose the ball when counter pressed. ETH should like that.

city-puma

It was silly to take him off for Mata when his influence was growing on the game. Ben Thornley even mentioned that on commentary for MUTV.

Second this. I felt it really frustrating to see him substituted just when he has started to get involved and make impact. In the first half, he had been ignored by the senior players and he tried to drift to center or even right.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I have no qualms about his ability on the ball but he looked a bit out of place wide in the first half. All of which is totally understandable considering the mess around him and having minimal minutes all season.

I'm excited to see him play more. He looks sturdy on his feet and likes to receive the ball.

This sort of explains the lack of support he gave him during the Palace game :lol:
He's played in a similar role at u23 level on a number of occasions and has done well. But you're correct he's a player more suited to a central role.

Telles in the first 15 to 20 mins had the option of playing Hannibal in down the left but completely ignored him. So it seems Hannibal started to drift more in field to get on the ball. And the below tweet from Sam Pilger (he was at the game) seems to indicate ten Hag's displeasure at Telles for ignoring the obvious pass to Hannibal.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Second this. I felt it really frustrating to see him substituted just when he has started to get involved and make impact. In the first half, he had been ignored by the senior players and he tried to drift to center or even right.
I thought he was our best player until he was subbed. We know he's a technical player but his intensity off the ball was unmatched by our other forwards imo.

It was a surprise to see him subbed and it seems Ben Thornley and some of the journos covering the game also felt the same.

Last edited:

Lost bear

Not sure how anyone could watch that game and say he's not ready, what did anyone else do that he didn't? We were woeful as a team.
Yes. I’m quite excited about Hannibal, looks very talented. All he needs is the good coaching that our youngsters have been deprived of for years. I think ETH will be just the right guide for him.

city-puma

I thought he was our best player until he was subbed. We know he's a technical player but his intensity off the ball was unmatched by our other forwards imo.

It was a surprise to see him subbed and it seems Ben Thornley and some of the journos covering the game also felt the same.

Yes. He is subbed just after he produced a quality shot which was tipped over the bar by the goalkeeper. Now, we all know that Ralf has been waiting for the signals from Russian to make changes in game. Sign~

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He just needs enough playing time -- when the game starts to slow down a bit for him to then show his skills, passing ability and vision.

The Red Thinker

Exactly. The Cnut barely passed to him. Utterly unprofessional. Telles can feck off.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This guy has joined the first team and decided he was just going to start kicking everyone, both opponents and his own team mates apparently :lol: Can't hate too much. Didn't do much and wasn't that good if I'm being honest but we know he has talent, and he's not afraid to get involved (something I'm not sure I can say for Shoretire for example in the limited gametime that I've seen from him). Can see him being part of the rotation for the #10 or a wing position next season, but not much more than deeper depth and being part of the first team squad.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
This guy has joined the first team and decided he was just going to start kicking everyone, both opponents and his own team mates apparently :lol: Can't hate too much. Didn't do much and wasn't that good if I'm being honest but we know he has talent, and he's not afraid to get involved (something I'm not sure I can say for Shoretire for example in the limited gametime that I've seen from him). Can see him being part of the rotation for the #10 or a wing position next season, but not much more than deeper depth and being part of the first team squad.
Shoretire is barely 18, playing with players who are twice his age. All you can expect from a lad his age playing in the 1st team is to keep things simple.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yes. He is subbed just after he produced a quality shot which was tipped over the bar by the goalkeeper. Now, we all know that Ralf has been waiting for the signals from Russian to make changes in game. Sign~
His performance would've been even better but he was surrounded by poor play imo. I think he'll surprise a lot of people next season, because not only is he a player with a creative element on the ball, but he's also someone that plays with a real intensity off the ball. And there isn't many in the current team who have Hannibal's intensity and stamina, as well as the potential craft and guile in possession. And that's very important in the modern game.

Last edited:

city-puma

His performance would've been even better but was surrounded by poor play imo. I think he'll surprise a lot of people next season, because not only is he a player with a creative element on the ball, but he's also someone that plays with a real intensity off the ball. And there isn't many in the current team who have Hannibal's intensity and stamina, as well as the potential craft and guile in possession. And that's very important in the modern game.
Agree. He also looks in very good shape in term of physical readiness. Based on what ETH had done previously, Hannibal is definitely one of the youngsters finding his place starting next season.

Jibbs

He's extremely talented, but needs to be carefully managed. Seems one of those hot headed youngsters who can easily derail their careers.

MDFC Manager

Agree. He also looks in very good shape in term of physical readiness. Based on what ETH had done previously, Hannibal is definitely one of the youngsters finding his place starting next season.
Yup, and maybe regular watchers like @Adnan can confirm, he's bulked up a fair bit over the last 6 months or so

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yup, and maybe regular watchers like @Adnan can confirm, he's bulked up a fair bit over the last 6 months or so
He's gradually got stronger since he arrived from Monaco. Physically he's as strong or stronger than quite a few players playing in the team imo. And he doesn't shirk a challenge even against players physically stronger than himself.

Yesterday he went in for a 50/50 with Zaha and didn't hold back with both players ending up on the ground. But what he is, is a technical player with flair and flamboyance on the ball, but it's encouraging to see that he has the intensity and work rate off the ball to match what he shows on the ball. He does have a fiery nature similar to a young David Beckham but I think with guidance from ten Hag and staff he'll channel that fiery nature in the correct way which will be beneficial for all.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's gradually got stronger since he arrived from Monaco. Physically he's as strong or stronger than quite a few players playing in the team imo. And he doesn't shirk a challenge even against players physically stronger than himself.

Yesterday he went in for a 50/50 with Zaha and didn't hold back with both players ending up on the ground. But what he is, is a technical player with flair and flamboyance on the ball, but it's encouraging to see that he has the intensity and work rate off the ball to match what he shows on the ball. He does have a fiery nature similar to a young David Beckham but I think with guidance from ten Hag and staff he'll channel that fiery nature in the correct way which will be beneficial for all.
Wait? What?! I know Becks got sent off that one time but that was a nothing incident, very harshly treated by the ref. He was always a fairly placid character. Not fiery at all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah i'd say he's much more like a young Rooney in terms of temperament. That is what gives him his fight and drive though. Give me somebody with that sort of attitude over some of the lackadaisical players we have right now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Wait? What?! I know Becks got sent off that one time but that was a nothing incident, very harshly treated by the ref. He was always a fairly placid character. Not fiery at all.
Beckham was very petulant as a youngster playing in midfield, especially after getting kicked. What happened with Simeone in 98, wasn't a surprise to me because Beckham reacting after being dropped was normal. The difference with Hannibal is that he gets kicked more because he's got the ability to dribble the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.