2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

RuudTom83

In a selfish way it turned out well for Hannibal today.

Hopefully he is back in on Tuesday.

NZT-One

I thought, he should have been put on instead of Eriksen. Don't think, it would have mattered all that much but Mejbri at least might be the future. Eriksen surely is not...

NZT-One

With the way this match was playing out I think Eriksen coming on ahead of him was fine. VDB at the end on the other hand...
I thought, we were realtively in control of the match but it was really stale. Eriksen to me isn't a player who can change that. Not sure about Mejbri but he has energy and a bit of carrying in him, something that none of the other players had today. It still ended up weird. Eriksen took over the distributor role from Amrabat, who went further up. So eriksen, who made his name being a quite good 10, moved into a role of a DLP, the position Amrabat made the little name he is as of today. I know, it isn't as easy as that but still, there are things happeing I just can't understand.

Gordon S

He was quite clearly a catalyst for the teams performances last 2 games. He should have started.
Didn`t get a minute today. Great way to reward hard work. Which players ahead of him are playing far to well for him to be stuck on the bench?

sillwuka

He was quite clearly a catalyst for the teams performances last 2 games. He should have started.
Didn`t get a minute today. Great way to reward hard work. Which players ahead of him are playing far to well for him to be stuck on the bench?
Should have started today, I feel the same.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Have we improved his contract from 15k a week to 140k a week already?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Big mistake not starting him today. ETH goes on about standards and wanting high level performances but then when a young lad gives him that he gets dropped the next game… and carries on playing under performing players

DJ_21

He's not going to be playing ahead of Eriksen and probably not Mctominay either.

Feck me this forum sometimes.
Couldn’t tell if this was sarcasm or not… Mctominay? Seriously? My gran starts ahead of him.

OrcaFat

I thought, he should have been put on instead of Eriksen. Don't think, it would have mattered all that much but Mejbri at least might be the future. Eriksen surely is not...
I agree he would have been a preferable sub. I think he would have made more impact as he has a much more urgent style than Eriksen, more energy off the bat and can be a more penetrative runner. But the result could well have been the same, yeah.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Couldn’t tell if this was sarcasm or not… Mctominay? Seriously? My gran starts ahead of him.
He isn't going to be picked in Mctominay's position. How hard is this? You can't even credit one United player without finding a way to make it a dig at another.

DJ_21

He isn't going to be picked in Mctominay's position. How hard is this? You can't even credit one United player without finding a way to make it a dig at another.
Well if you’re comparing 2 players then obviously you’re gonna make a dig by saying which ones better. And does Mctominay have a specific position? Just runs about doing nothing all games. Hannibal actually try’s, helps defensively and he’s good in build up.

In Rainbows

Not sure about Mejbri but he has energy and a bit of carrying in him, something that none of the other players had today.
The carrying ability is usually when he operates from deeper. He tends to go away from the ball (makes runs) when he plays further forward.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Well if you’re comparing 2 players then obviously you’re gonna make a dig by saying which ones better. And does Mctominay have a specific position? Just runs about doing nothing all games. Hannibal actually try’s, helps defensively and he’s good in build up.
No I think there is a difference between comparing two players and claiming you'd pick your gran ahead of one, which just makes you sound so melodramatic that it's impossible to take seriously.

Mctominay does have a position yes, it's less advanced than where ETH has picked Hannibal. You will have perhaps noticed that in the game Hannibal started in the PL, Mctominay also started.

For what it's worth I'd pick him in CM ahead of Mount,but that's because I'm lost on how Mount is a CM and think if you're going to pick someone who literally can't play there, you may as well at least pick the hardest working person you have. But that's a different issue.

Mctominay can play there,which you might not like or not think he's very good at, but seeing as he has played there for us, for many years, I wouldn't say is really up for debate.

redshaw

The one player ETH should've brought on.

ETH even acknowledged his role and energy he brought to the last game but decided to bring everyone else on

Bwuk

I'll be incredibly disappointed if he isn't starting today.

lsd

The Oracle
If Ten Hag really took Hannibal off for taking to Zaha at half time then i just totally despair of Ten Hag.

Oranges038

No idea how you could look at that first half and decide to take him off.

Weird decision.

Sylar

Him, pellestri,garnacho seem the first sub to take off when they start no matter how good they play or how bad the seniors play.

Sea-Cow

I am a Hannibal fan-boy, I admit, but I thought he was fine in the first half. He wasn't great with the ball but he provides energy and legs and just being a bother defensively that is very beneficial to the team.

Stadjer

No idea how you could look at that first half and decide to take him off.

Weird decision.
He wasnt exactly great. Eriksen was much better so in that way it was a good sub. Big error after a corner that turned into a dangerous counter attack. ETH doesnt sub Bruno because i think he is hoping for the special Bruno moment and Mount was playing well. Subbing off Hannibal was the logical option if you wanted to bring Eriksen on.

Idxomer

Tbh, I don't think he was very good but I would've still taken off Bruno before him.

Oranges038

He wasnt exactly great. Eriksen was much better so in that way it was a good sub. Big error after a corner that turned into a dangerous counter attack. ETH doesnt sub Bruno because i think he is hoping for the special Bruno moment and Mount was playing well. Subbing off Hannibal was the logical option if you wanted to bring Eriksen on.
He was playing better than Mount and Bruno.

That should have been enough. Eriksen, Mount and Hannibal would have been more balanced and more comfortable keeping the ball.

Stadjer

He was playing better than Mount and Bruno.

That should have been enough. Eriksen, Mount and Hannibal would have been more balanced and more comfortable keeping the ball.
I dont think he was better than Mount and captain Burno was never going to be taken off. Bruno should have been taken off the way he has been playing but it isnt happening.