2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

ROFLUTION

Sometimes you just wonder, if ETH has more faith on Meijbri in the beginning, maybe there is no need to spend that 55m on Mount.
Still early days with both Hannibal and Mount (2 and 3 games) but yeah - the long-term plan should be to develop youth and spending more money on key players.

The ridiculous part is also that Hannibal cost us about 13-15m himself, so it's not a small outlay for a talent if you don't plan to play him.

Same with Amad, but we're less sure if he'd have played because of his injury.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Wow, did you even watch the match? he scored two goals yes but overall he has been very off pace.
I did. I haven't missed a minute of United games in years.

Clearly your expectations are that you want everybody to dominate and play beautiful game. I would love that, too, but in my case - given that Case wasn't at fault for any of the goals we conceded, and he scored two, I definitely rate his game high no matter the aesthetics of how it looked. Football is about results. I will much rather we win a lot of ugly games than lose some pretty-looking ones, not that we do the latter either, to be fair.

To each their own. You have full right to have your own expectations, of course. I personally don't think Case is the one who deserves criticism in the Bayern game given everybody else's performance

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Hannibal cost us €5m with another €5m in bonuses. And those bonuses only kick in if he establishes himself in the first team.

ShinjiNinja26

The gutter press at it again. Seen numerous articles with the headline “Young Man Utd player involved in furious bust up” when referring to Hannibal. That was a fecking year ago now and he literally started the other night and scored when he came on the week before. Why are the still running with that? Have a bit of respect and refer to the kid by his name and move the feck on.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He's clearly not that talented of a player, but he works hard and has a lot of passion. Passion and desire to play for the shirt is what we need in the short term, in the long term he's a squad player.
Yeah, I don't think this post is as harsh as it sounds. It's obvious he doesn't appear to have the passing range, killer instinct or technique of someone like Sneijder playing there but he plays to his strengths with his dribbling, work-rate, composure and does the basics well.

He seems to be someone that tends to drift in and out of both wide and central positions and is a pro-active dribbler, and I mean this positively when I compare him to Park-Ji Sung. I'm really interested to see how he develops.

Mwooyo

Random dream mdifield and strike is Hannibal, Mainoo with Amrabat or Casemiro behind Garnacho, Rasmus and Amad. Energy through out the team

tomaldinho1

Sometimes you just wonder, if ETH has more faith on Meijbri in the beginning, maybe there is no need to spend that 55m on Mount.
I think more it shows why we sold Fred. Hannibal can play the CM role and has. A lot of energy, probably isn’t as good at Fred at some things but is less erratic and can obviously still improve in many things and be a much better overall player long term.

Mount is a different prospect, I think ETH sees him as much more of a creator and goal threat who has the added bonus workrate and discipline. How that jives with Bruno is really the question in my mind. Hannibal will get a lot of minutes this season as a sub I think, he’ll be hell to play against for teams chasing a goal.

mintyred

Yeah, I don't think this post is as harsh as it sounds. It's obvious he doesn't appear to have the passing range, killer instinct or technique of someone like Sneijder playing there but he plays to his strengths with his dribbling, work-rate, composure and does the basics well.

He seems to be someone that tends to drift in and out of both wide and central positions and is a pro-active dribbler, and I mean this positively when I compare him to Park-Ji Sung. I'm really interested to see how he develops.
I apologise if my post sounds hard to people it wasn't supposed to be a criticism, only an opinion of what I've seen from him. When you see a special player from the youth academy you know, it hits you instantly and Hannibal just isn't that. It's not to say he isn't a good player or won't play for us for many years into the future, but as of yet, I can't see him being a top young player only a solid reliable one.

He is only 20. I used to think that Amad was crap but he's changed my opinion because he's added end product to his game.

OrcaFat

Yeah, I don't think this post is as harsh as it sounds. It's obvious he doesn't appear to have the passing range, killer instinct or technique of someone like Sneijder playing there but he plays to his strengths with his dribbling, work-rate and composure.

I think you are rushing to judgement on his passing. I’ve seen him hit a great many incisive, progressive, attacking passes - some short and some long. At his age and given the limited amount of first team games he has had, he shows every sign of a player who will develop into a highly effective, creative passer.

What should be obvious from watching him now is his ability to spot runners, read the game, and see the right pass even if the execution could be better at times.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The gutter press at it again. Seen numerous articles with the headline “Young Man Utd player involved in furious bust up” when referring to Hannibal. That was a fecking year ago now and he literally started the other night and scored when he came on the week before. Why are the still running with that? Have a bit of respect and refer to the kid by his name and move the feck on.
The Daily Mail literally ran an article about Andre Onana dropping his keys on the way to training. Gutter scum.

MyOnlySolskjaer

I apologise if my post sounds hard to people it wasn't supposed to be a criticism, only an opinion of what I've seen from him. When you see a special player from the youth academy you know, it hits you instantly and Hannibal just isn't that. It's not to say he isn't a good player or won't play for us for many years into the future, but as of yet, I can't see him being a top young player only a solid reliable one.

He is only 20. I used to think that Amad was crap but he's changed my opinion because he's added end product to his game.
I agree with you, fair post. :)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's a much better passer than he's being given credit for, he's not quite the level of someone like Paul Pogba, but he's a very good and, more importantly, an intelligent passer. He's not got a bad cross on him either.

MyOnlySolskjaer

I think you are rushing to judgement on his passing. I’ve seen him hit a great many incisive, progressive, attacking passes - some short and some long. At his age and given the limited amount of first team games he has had, he shows every sign of a player who will develop into a highly effective, creative passer.

What should be obvious from watching him now is his ability to spot runners, read the game, and see the right pass even if the execution could be better at times.
I'm interested to see it, I've seen some tidy flicks and back heels (like the one to Hojlund) however I'd be surprised if he has more to his technique and passing range as it's not quite apparent from the top level games. Excited to see it if so.

AltiUn

I'm interested to see it, I've seen some tidy flicks and back heels (like the one to Hojlund) however I'd be surprised if he has more to his technique and passing range as it's not quite apparent from the top level games. Excited to see it if so.
Think he's just playing it safe at the minute. It's not entirely uncommon when a young lad first comes into the team. I expect him to be a bit more adventurous when his spot in the squad is a little more concrete.

Remember the geese

He played a nice through ball to Rashford with the outside of his foot.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

From the Burnley game.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Seems Hannibal's position is very different to Mounts in the way they've been played. Mount has been played more deeper, where as Hannibal pretty much plays as a #10.
That's the problem. See Mount was never really an established type of 8 who drops deep at Chelsea or England. Even though we might have bought him to wish him fit that role, truth is he is rather unproven there. So in the end if Mount end up as a AM here sitting in front of 2 CM/DM, which makes the whole signing rather pointless as we already have Bruno and now Meijbri for that role.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He's a much better passer than he's being given credit for, he's not quite the level of someone like Paul Pogba, but he's a very good and, more importantly, an intelligent passer. He's not got a bad cross on him either.
I see him as possible upgrade to Fred - looks aggressive and willing to step his foot into challenge. Yet technically sound and capable of making pass and progressive carries in midfield.

OrcaFat

That's the problem. See Mount was never really an established type of 8 who drops deep at Chelsea or England. Even though we might have bought him to wish him fit that role, truth is he is rather unproven there. So in the end if Mount end up as a AM here sitting in front of 2 CM/DM, which makes the whole signing rather pointless as we already have Bruno and now Meijbri for that role.
If there’s ever a time when most of the squad is fit, Hannibal, Mount and Bruno will be competing for two spots in the team. Bruno will mostly get one spot and my guess is Mount will usually be preferred to start in the other. Based on the last couple of games, I’d say Hannibal will get minutes as sub and will push Mount pretty hard for a starting spot. And if we get some “easy” games, Bruno might even get a rest.

Given the number of games we’ll be playing, there’s plenty of room for both Mount and Hannibal.

lex talionis

A decent footballer Hannibal is. He's got stiff competition but I could see him edging out Mount by next season. We'll see.

Litch

Brought a freshness to the team and hope he continues to get game time...

Lj82

From the Burnley game.

What really surprised me was the maturity of his decision making, esp in the final third. Never forcing a shot when the angle is bad and picking the right passes. Only bad moment came in the defensive third when he got caught trying to dribble instead of clearing the ball. There are many skilful youngsters out there, but what distinguishes those who make it and those who don't more often than not is the decision making.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
A decent footballer Hannibal is. He's got stiff competition but I could see him edging out Mount by next season. We'll see.
Hannibal's contract runs out this season -- but we do have the option to extend it another year. This explains why he wasn't loaned out.

There will be some interesting decisions to be made by the coaching staff in the next few months.

jeepers

Hannibal's contract runs out this season -- but we do have the option to extend it another year. This explains why he wasn't loaned out.

There will be some interesting decisions to be made by the coaching staff in the next few months.
There are rumours going around that the club is in talks with him to extend.

I would say his passing, both long and short, is better than Ji-Sung. Hannibal is probably slightly more skillful too. If he can contribute as much as Ji-Sung did, I think we will all be very pleased. Ji-Sung was an underrated player, in my opinion.

Think he's just playing it safe at the minute. It's not entirely uncommon when a young lad first comes into the team. I expect him to be a bit more adventurous when his spot in the squad is a little more concrete.
I agree with this. His first start and he would want to show EtH that he listens and follows instructions closely. Let’s see if he can bring his playing style from reserve football into the first team. He was all action and everywhere on the pitch, showed good feet and a decent range of passing. He also had a great connection with Amad so I’m hoping to see them play together when Amad’s back. He also shows tactical flexibility which is great for EtH, he doesn’t seem to have a preferred side of the pitch and plays well regardless if he’s the LCM or RCM.

quadrant

It'd be a real boost if we have a youngster able to fill out the squad this season. With four competitions and two of our key midfielders over 30 (Case and Eriksen) it'd help no end to be have another viable replacement for cup games and late substitutions. If he can maintain that intensity he'll get plenty of opportunities to show what he can do.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Back to back starts for Hannibal. This is the opportunity he could only dream of. He must grasp this with both hands as this is an opportunity to firmly put himself in the midfield reckoning, where I feel he belongs.

At the very least, he wants to be leapfrogging McTominay and Eriksen in rhe pecking order and for me, training his sights on Mount after that. All about earning the manager’s trust. You get the sense that Mainoo did that in pre-season, this is Hannibal’s moment to do the same. Get the sense it would have been the same for Amad, after 3 years at the club could have finally established himself here. Still, chance for Pellistri.

AltiUn

Started off well and faded a little after going to #10, may have been lucky not to see a red card. Still, showed promise, especially some of his combinations. All smiles when he was subbed.

AltiUn

His first yellow was harsh in my opinion, maybe that’s why the ref didn’t give a second
I think so too, although after 5 more fouls even the referee's patience had to be wearing a bit thin :lol:

Rolaholic

Think he might've cemented himself in the 'players ETH trusts' camp tonight and fair play to him. He's been putting in quality shifts since getting .inutes this season

Hope he takes McTominays place in the side permanently, he never hides away from the ball and actually knows what to do with it in possession.

Abraxas

Good shift again.

Hopefully he'll settle down a bit and show a bit more of the quality he did at youth level. Not sure he's fully shown that yet, but he's doing all the prerequisites very well and the manager will be liking that.